• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AQUAMAN 2 directed by James Wan (12/16/22)
6 6

934 posts in this topic

between mcu phase 4 and forward [other than spidey] and the expected lameness from d.c., we are most definitely NOT in the golden age of comic films.   very sad state of affairs.  maybe ezra will put it all straight.  lot of pressure on him them.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:22 PM, D84 said:

Do we think it will do better or worse than Fury of the Gods?

Better (though that's not saying much) the visuals seemed to be a lot of the reasons it did so well overseas.  I think in the U.S. it will do probably 100 million. Is Amber Heard still in this?

On 4/5/2023 at 7:20 PM, Bosco685 said:

I guess the new search engine feature that works best is go hunt for a thread, and then bump it. It's the rage!

So has it been pushed back or moved forward?  I have no idea when it was supposed to come out.

On 4/5/2023 at 9:26 PM, media_junkie said:

So has it been pushed back or moved forward?  I have no idea when it was supposed to come out.

Moved forward from 12/25 so it is given more holiday vacation box office time.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:22 PM, D84 said:

Do we think it will do better or worse than Fury of the Gods?

On 4/5/2023 at 8:14 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

Better (though that's not saying much) the visuals seemed to be a lot of the reasons it did so well overseas.  I think in the U.S. it will do probably 100 million. Is Amber Heard still in this?

Don't underestimate James Wan.  Similar to Cameron, he may not make the best movies but they typically rock the box office.

On 2/21/2023 at 8:10 PM, Bosco685 said:

Hollywood reporters are noting the screen tests have been going badly at the last screening some walked out. Which they noted that never happens.

:(

This is a good sign for Aquaman 2.  They're worried that it's going to blow their favorites out of the water.

They said Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman 2, The Batman, Batgirl, Shazam 2, Flash, and Blue Beetle are fantastic.

On 3/8/2023 at 11:29 AM, Straw-Man said:

between mcu phase 4 and forward [other than spidey] and the expected lameness from d.c., we are most definitely NOT in the golden age of comic films.   very sad state of affairs.  maybe ezra will put it all straight.  lot of pressure on him them.

Hollywood reporters want us to believe that Ezra Miller is setting things straight and that Jason Momoa is out to sea.

Mystery_Men_Comics_Vol_1_1.thumb.jpg.2d5387e99a1890e04bbc4deb91735416.jpg

I'm normally only on the Golden Age forum.  A couple times on the Newbie forum to try to say something that's helpful.

I'm biased towards the GA...but I honestly think it stinks and the movie will flop by making the Blue Beetle an overly modernized young guy.  Look at his first appearance, which is awesome...he can be Hispanic...but make him a swashbuckling blue superhero version of Zorro...with a pistol.

Edited by ChillMan
Adding photo instead of just link to photo

Heard has been mired in controversy for quite some time after the actress was taken to trial for defamation by her former spouse Johnny Depp. This came after she alleged Depp was "verbally and physically abusive" toward her during their marriage - an allegation she was unable to prove in court.

This put her role in the Aquaman sequel into question, with many wondering if her Atlantean would be cut from the film. Well, as time has gone on, it has become more and more clear that would not be the case, but what is surprising is reports revealing her role "[hasn’t been] reduced or shortened at all.”

After Amber Heard's Mera appeared in the latest Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom trailer shown off at CinemaCon 2023, fans took to social media to have their thoughts heard amid controversy surrounding the actress.

Most of the reaction saw audiences criticizing the decision to include her, with Twitter users like Dr. Gandalf the Grey admitting that "a brief glimpse [at Mera] is still too much!!"