• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AQUAMAN 2 directed by James Wan (12/16/22)
6 6

934 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2023 at 6:17 AM, media_junkie said:

Dead end movie with Amber Turd in it, yeah, I pass.

Momoa, Wilson, and Mateen are going to bring back the voltage. Day 1 of filming...Momoa and Mateen knew they were both ready...but then Wilson shows up on set even more jacked than them...and they're like "oh, it's gonna be like that"...

It's going to be night-and-day compared to Quinn, Woman 2, Muscle Suit 2, The Twilight Batman wimpy, totally wimpy Flash and Blue Beetle...

The reason they all flopped is because people want to see badasses...not wimps.  DESPITE what the media says.

You then ventured into superhero territory with 2018’s Aquaman, which, at $1.14 billion, is currently the highest-grossing DC movie of all time. How much adjusting have you had to do to December’s sequel, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, to fit DC’s reset by way of The Flash?

I’ve had to make adjustments all along the way. The DCU has been through lots of different versions, and one of the things that was challenging about this film was keeping track of what’s going on. Fortunately, the Aquaman universe is pretty far removed from the rest of the world. We’re going to many different underwater kingdoms that are not necessarily related to what’s happening with the other movies and characters, so we’re stand-alone in that respect. So I can just tell my story on its own without being affected too much, but at the same time, I have to be mindful of what’s been happening.

Do you have an idea of when you will finish post?

I hope to finish it up soon-ish. We have the DGA thing [contract negotiations] coming up next month, and so there’s just some stuff that we have to finish. It’s a big movie. It has a lot of visual effects and moving parts, but we’re moving in that direction, and I cannot wait for people to see it. I think people are going to be excited to see that this movie is quite different from the first movie in terms of tone. It’s a little bit more serious, and we’re dealing with issues like climate change. We’re not afraid to lean into that in a big way, because the Aquaman comic book, even way back when, has always been environmentally conscious. He’s always been someone who’s fought to keep the ocean clean, and it feels more relevant in the world that we’re living in today. So this movie has something to talk about, but it’s still a fun action-fantasy movie.

On 7/6/2023 at 2:13 PM, Cman429 said:

But what did Tom Cruise think of it? 

Xenu gave it 5 stars from his secret cage in the volcanoes of Hawaii that were there before they were actually there. 

In all this Batman stuff, what happened to Robert Pattinson?

On 7/6/2023 at 7:41 PM, Beige said:

In all this Batman stuff, what happened to Robert Pattinson?

Do you mean as a Batman follow-up? As Reeves is working on that.

He also has Mickey 17 coming out directed by Bong Joon-ho (Parasite, Snowpiercer).

Petition To Remove Amber Heard From Aquaman 2 Is Still Quietly Racking Up Signatures

The petition about Amber Heard and Aquaman 2 was started back in 2019, seemingly in response to Johnny Depp being fired from the role of Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts 3. The petition has amassed a ton of digital signatures over the years, and about 9 months ago it hit the 4 million mark. Folks are still signing up on the Change.org page to this day, with 85 new signatures coming last week. Clearly there are still some strong emotions tied to the former couple, and the effects of their legal battle.

At this point of writing this story the total number of signatures on the Amber Heard petition comes in at 4,630,238, with a goal of 6 million. It’s unclear how long it might take to get to that massive number, especially if the pace doesn’t pick back up. Still, there are clearly folks who are on Johnny Depp’s side, and don’t think it’s fair that he lost a major job form Warner Bros. and his ex-wife did not. 

Yeah - but there's no reason to make an unforced error by keeping Heard in it.

Again, the precedent is there, via late-stage replacement actors in films like All the Money in the World and Army of the Dead -- and this isn't a situation like The Flash, where Ezra Miller (or multiple Ezra Millers) are featured in nearly every scene.

But sure - remove Cavill from The Flash but keep Heard in Aquaman 2. That's the ticket! doh!

Edited by Gatsby77

Didn't see Flash because of issues with Erza Miller, won't see Aquaman 2 because of issues with Heard.  Even if she is only in "10 minutes" of the film, that is 10 minutes too long.  As Gatsby77 said, why even risk it when you can drop her totally.  If (and it is a big if) those 4 million people that signed the petition are lost movie viewers that is $40 million off the bottom line before it is even out the gate.  Based on the last few DC films, they don't have room to lose $40 million.

On 7/18/2023 at 12:43 PM, media_junkie said:

Didn't see Flash because of issues with Erza Miller, won't see Aquaman 2 because of issues with Heard.  Even if she is only in "10 minutes" of the film, that is 10 minutes too long.  As Gatsby77 said, why even risk it when you can drop her totally.  If (and it is a big if) those 4 million people that signed the petition are lost movie viewers that is $40 million off the bottom line before it is even out the gate.  Based on the last few DC films, they don't have room to lose $40 million.

I do not think that Heard is an issue at all.

The movies are irrelevant.

This is like New Mutants after Disney bought Fox?  Why do I need to see this film if it has nothing to do with what is going on in the future? 

It's irrelevant at this point and just a epilogue to an epilogue. 

On 7/18/2023 at 12:43 PM, media_junkie said:

...Even if she is only in "10 minutes" of the film...

That's partly why it's very different from the Cavill situation. It's gotta be more than 10X the work. We know that WB isn't going to invest any more money into this, and it's not valuable to assume that most signors would actually watch the movie without Heard in it. I would bet that most of them didn't watch Aquaman. Hel, I'd bet that most of them couldn't tell you if Aquaman was Marvel or DC if you asked them on-the-spot.

On 7/18/2023 at 12:08 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Why would you pretend that the Cavill and Heard situations are the same, despite not being remotely similar?

It goes to listening to the fans (or not).

As I understand it, the bulk of the fan base (myself included) wanted to see Cavill cameo in The Flash and don't want to see Heard in Aquaman 2.

*Particularly* because The Flash included Affleck, Gadot and Momoa. Plus, the mountain of multiverse cameos further underscored Cavill's absence.

More to the point, both decisions (Cavill's inexplicable exclusion and Heard's inexplicable inclusion) are unforced errors.

On 7/18/2023 at 1:19 PM, Gatsby77 said:

It goes to listening to the fans (or not).

As I understand it, the bulk of the fan base (myself included) wanted to see Cavill cameo in The Flash and don't want to see Heard in Aquaman 2.

*Particularly* because The Flash included Affleck, Gadot and Momoa. Plus, the mountain of multiverse cameos further underscored Cavill's absence.

More to the point, both decisions (Cavill's inexplicable exclusion and Heard's inexplicable inclusion) are unforced errors.

If you're arguing just from "the fan perspective", I get it. I would rather have Cavill in The Flash and a different Mera in Aquaman. We both know it's more complicated than that, though.