• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mask Comics actual pricing
10 10

812 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2024 at 3:27 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

#2 for sure. What I learned with this most recent #2 sale is that, unlike most books, there appears to be no price fall-off after the pandemic ended. The price just keeps motoring upwards

actually, now that I’m thinking about it, same for #1.  Unlike almost all the other Promise books, the #1 sold for more the second time around: $102k at initial offering in June of 2021, then $144k a couple years later.

these books must be on every want list. Overcoming the Promise curse is no small feat

IMG_4570.jpeg

Agreed.  It isn't just the Masks that have gone up.   I've noticed prices increasing on most of the other LB Coles, Bakers, Timelys, essentially the classic covers.  In the end classic covers go up.

We've seen more Mask 2's than 1's the past year or so but I'm sure #1 would be/is doing just as well. Mask 2 and Punch 12, two unstoppable forces they seem to be. And they're doing it because of their overall coolness and without the use great big headlights like a certain other book we all know that's doing just as well. 

Edited by Professor K

On 4/5/2024 at 1:16 PM, Professor K said:

We've seen more Mask 2's than 1's the past year or so but I'm sure #1 would be/is doing just as well. Mask 2 and Punch 12, two unstoppable forces they seem to be. And they're doing it because of their overall coolness and without great big headlights like some book we all know.

I saw what the Punch #12 just got, as I don't have the history with that book like the Mask books, but it seemed to do just fine...  (thumbsu

On 4/5/2024 at 11:45 AM, pmpknface said:

I saw what the Punch #12 just got, as I don't have the history with that book like the Mask books, but it seemed to do just fine...  (thumbsu

The CGC 5.5 sold for higher at CC last year I believe for $70k+. The brittle paged copy 4.5 i believe sold less than what it did last time it sold.

On 4/6/2024 at 4:26 PM, Dark Knight said:

The CGC 5.5 sold for higher at CC last year I believe for $70k+. The brittle paged copy 4.5 i believe sold less than what it did last time it sold.

Two in an auction steals from each other i don't like that 

Other Cole results from today's finishes...

Horrors did pretty well, but it's pretty high grade.  That Power #4 looks like a good deal.  

image.thumb.png.e8281ec8d21c597120aebae2e9643405.png

$10.2 on the classic spider cover.  Congrats to the STT #12 winner, that's a stellar book!

image.thumb.png.db246eae78a58d43de51c351ede83520.png

Taffy #2 stays as a big $ book.  But look at that TTLR #12!  Sweet love by the fireplace that's a big $ result!!!  Just found out about that one in the romance thread.  Man, I really am starting to think what grades on my copies would have been if I pressed 'em....

image.thumb.png.e55da274e8d30a868fa3c533550d76c0.png

Edited by pmpknface

On 4/6/2024 at 5:39 PM, pmpknface said:

Other Cole results from today's finishes...

Horrors did pretty well, but it's pretty high grade.  That Power #4 looks like a good deal.  

image.thumb.png.e8281ec8d21c597120aebae2e9643405.png

$10.2 on the classic spider cover.  Congrats to the STT #12 winner, that's a stellar book!

image.thumb.png.db246eae78a58d43de51c351ede83520.png

On 4/6/2024 at 5:39 PM, pmpknface said:

Taffy #2 stays as a big $ book.  But look at that TTLR #12!  Sweet love by the fireplace that's a big $ result!!!  Just found out about that one in the romance thread.  Man, I really am starting to think what grades on my copies would have been if I pressed 'em....

image.thumb.png.e55da274e8d30a868fa3c533550d76c0.png

Strong price on the Horrors #13, but of course, very high grade. I have always considered that a sleeper book. I love the cover. Cole didn't do a lot of "gothic horror" type covers like this one. Perhaps Horrors #13 will start getting recognition.

As you said, the Power #4 looks like a really good deal. 

That's not a bad price for the STT #11.  It's a tougher book above 4.0.  I like the cover to #12, but when you compare the prices between #11 (5.0) and #12 (7.5), it makes #11 look like a deal.

Suspense #11 has lagged behind, especially when compared to its devil brethren Mask #2. I think that the bright yellow cover might be holding it back.

WOW on the True To Life Romances. Very solid price.  I'm not aware of how scarce that book is, but I don't recall seeing it often.

On 4/7/2024 at 3:02 PM, *paull* said:

Strong price on the Horrors #13, but of course, very high grade. I have always considered that a sleeper book. I love the cover. Cole didn't do a lot of "gothic horror" type covers like this one. Perhaps Horrors #13 will start getting recognition.

As you said, the Power #4 looks like a really good deal. 

That's not a bad price for the STT #11.  It's a tougher book above 4.0.  I like the cover to #12, but when you compare the prices between #11 (5.0) and #12 (7.5), it makes #11 look like a deal.

Suspense #11 has lagged behind, especially when compared to its devil brethren Mask #2. I think that the bright yellow cover might be holding it back.

WOW on the True To Life Romances. Very solid price.  I'm not aware of how scarce that book is, but I don't recall seeing it often.

If it helps any, just for an idea...

image.thumb.png.5e32ff195302f9c734424157dbfb22a8.png

No copy has more than 20 on the census in the run, many are in single digits with some in the teens.  

On 4/7/2024 at 3:53 PM, pmpknface said:

If it helps any, just for an idea...

image.thumb.png.5e32ff195302f9c734424157dbfb22a8.png

No copy has more than 20 on the census in the run, many are in single digits with some in the teens.  

I'm no census jockey, but just based on memory, I don't recall seeing many Star books grade 8.0 and higher.  I was expecting that at this price, the 6.0 would be the highest graded copy, but there's a 7.5 out there and two 5.0 copies below it. More graded copies of this issue than I would have predicted. Price seems pretty high.  I wonder if this issue is an outlier, or Cole's romance books are really strong now.

On 4/8/2024 at 12:51 AM, *paull* said:

I'm no census jockey, but just based on memory, I don't recall seeing many Star books grade 8.0 and higher.  I was expecting that at this price, the 6.0 would be the highest graded copy, but there's a 7.5 out there and two 5.0 copies below it. More graded copies of this issue than I would have predicted. Price seems pretty high.  I wonder if this issue is an outlier, or Cole's romance books are really strong now.

The price for that 6.0 may lure more copies into slabs, just like it has for Bakers.