• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mask Comics actual pricing
10 10

812 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2023 at 9:31 AM, pmpknface said:

I'm not sure I saw this coming....

image.png.14377f7809acce447fb1257e1521b7df.png

According to HA's site:

GaG #6:  30 total, 1 higher, 3 in 9.2

BBW #115:  69 total, 2 higher, 2 in 9.2

Ok, so fewer have come out of the woodwork...    but outsold by 5K?!?!?!?!  WoW!!!!

Off center registry on that Blue Bolt weird would have been a deal breaker for me.  I'm not really that much of a purest, but I'd take tape inside of book over a lopsided  one. Just sayin'

On 9/17/2023 at 8:28 PM, october said:

That Blue Bolt 115 was one of the best deals in the auction. I was shocked it didn't go higher, especially with other Cole stuff outperforming. 

Lettering is lopsided. Exactly why I didn't bid on the SunGirl because the registry was off on that too even though I was looking for that issue

Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 8.58.54 PM.png

Edited by Courageous Cat

On 2/7/2024 at 10:16 AM, *paull* said:

Perhaps there was discussion elsewhere on the Boards, but did someone here buy this Captain Flight 11 off eBay in December?  Looks like a killer deal.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 10.10.23 AM.png

Well, the description is odd...

Good Cond. nice solid copy, cover 2in split spine top, little chipping , Complete Copy, (see picture) (see picture) (see picture) (see picture) (see picture) (see picture) (see picture) Priority Mail, PAYPAL accepted.

PICTURE of COVER is for REFERNCE only but included

On 2/7/2024 at 10:22 AM, pmpknface said:

Well, the description is odd...

Good Cond. nice solid copy, cover 2in split spine top, little chipping , Complete Copy, (see picture) (see picture) (see picture) (see picture) (see picture) (see picture) (see picture) Priority Mail, PAYPAL accepted.

PICTURE of COVER is for REFERNCE only but included

I did notice that... one reason why I'm wondering if someone here bought it and can provide details.  Possibly this seller stole a photo of an existing copy owned by someone on the Boards.

Edited by *paull*

I believe the sale was legit and as pictured. I remember this seller -- they put up a ton of 1940s/50s GA with BINs, some were more-or-less market price but a handful were way too cheap like this one. The vibe was definitely someone who didn't know what they had and skimmed current pricing somewhere (so e.g. they knew the GA Captain Americas were big money but they wouldn't know an oddball LB Cole). They listed most of the best stuff first, then worked their way down to pretty rough condition and coverless books.

On 2/7/2024 at 1:24 PM, Point Five said:

I believe the sale was legit and as pictured. I remember this seller -- they put up a ton of 1940s/50s GA with BINs, some were more-or-less market price but a handful were way too cheap like this one. The vibe was definitely someone who didn't know what they had and skimmed current pricing somewhere (so e.g. they knew the GA Captain Americas were big money but they wouldn't know an oddball LB Cole). They listed most of the best stuff first, then worked their way down to pretty rough condition and coverless books.

Strange way to sell books.  Not saying they should be slabbed, but good descriptions don't cost anything.

Edited by *paull*

On 2/29/2024 at 10:56 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

And one more . . .

IMG_4538.jpeg

I actually thought that would go a bit higher.  Maybe people are saving their pennies for the Terrors #18 8.0 that's on CC after what the #17 got tonight!  

On 2/29/2024 at 10:07 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Bump. 

I was willing to take this if nobody else noticed it, but nope

IMG_4537.jpeg

Hey C how ya been? Ah bummer. You have been outbid on this item, some of the saddest words ever put in print.  Seriously I wish you had gotten it. Nice 3.

Edited by Professor K
re-worded

On 2/29/2024 at 10:59 PM, pmpknface said:

I actually thought that would go a bit higher.  Maybe people are saving their pennies for the Terrors #18 8.0 that's on CC after what the #17 got tonight!  

Although both covers are amazing, I prefer the cover for 18.

On 3/1/2024 at 4:01 AM, thewritestuff said:

Although both covers are amazing, I prefer the cover for 18.

Me too.  #17 has a LOT going on, but the colors on #18 are just too awesome.  Also there's a Terrors #5 in 8.0 up on CC, but there's just a stock image.  That one often gets cut off on either the left or right so I'd like to see what it looks like.  No, it's not as cool as the others in the run mentioned, but it ain't bad!  ;) 

On 3/20/2024 at 12:45 AM, pmpknface said:

I thought this one did pretty well.  Wanted to bid, but it got too rich for me.  

image.thumb.png.85bb653fbd2da01e7cf590f3316e87b9.png

Some other stuff did well too, but still to go....

image.thumb.png.04089e54f10855390ae64dc88382aefe.png

Among others... :popcorn:

Among others you say?  Like these 3 pretty nice copies that to me went a little cheap for their grades. Especially the Blue Bolt 106 which to me is as cool a cover as 105 , or at least darn close. I didn't bid on the 105 either, 5k for a 3.5.....seems high because it is high. 

Opera Snapshot_2024-03-20_013630_www.comicconnect.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2024-03-20_013718_www.comicconnect.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2024-03-20_013755_www.comicconnect.com.png

Edited by Professor K

On 3/20/2024 at 1:45 AM, Professor K said:

Among others you say?  Like these 3 pretty nice copies that to me went a little cheap for their grades. Especially the Blue Bolt 106 which to me is as cool a cover as 105 , or at least darn close. I didn't bid on the 105 either, 5k for a 3.5.....seems high because it is high. 

Opera Snapshot_2024-03-20_013630_www.comicconnect.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2024-03-20_013718_www.comicconnect.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2024-03-20_013755_www.comicconnect.com.png

Well done sir!  I think the BB #106 is a bit overlooked too.  Maybe because there's no space chick and it's brighter, I dunno.  That Confessions of Love is KEY!  Just wait until you get it  in person!  I love the couple in shadows under the "L" with the dude smoking.  If it came up a bit ore often maybe it would have a better following, but there's only 10 on the census!  Last issue too.