• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mask Comics actual pricing
10 10

812 posts in this topic

On 3/20/2024 at 11:35 AM, pmpknface said:

Well done sir!  I think the BB #106 is a bit overlooked too.  Maybe because there's no space chick and it's brighter, I dunno.  That Confessions of Love is KEY!  Just wait until you get it  in person!  I love the couple in shadows under the "L" with the dude smoking.  If it came up a bit ore often maybe it would have a better following, but there's only 10 on the census!  Last issue too.  

Thanks! But I didn't bid on any of them. Now I wish I did. :cry:

On 3/21/2024 at 7:53 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Final hammer $7200. With BP, the final price was $8300

IMG_9484.jpeg

Mask #1 is still king!  First off, from $550 to $8300 is awesome for the seller!  So a 1.5 gets that and a 4.0 #2 got $12k:

image.thumb.png.0167ef73c74427872d77e7bacff1a89a.png

Question - How much of a bump do we think that #1 got because of the double cover?  Any?  Both covers are 1.5?  (shrug)

On 2/29/2024 at 9:07 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Bump. 

I was willing to take this if nobody else noticed it, but nope

IMG_4537.jpeg

Ha!  Just watched a YouTube video by the person who won this.  Instantly recognized it by the grade and the "defects" on the cover. :D

I may never own one, so I'll just live vicariously through screenshots and videos. lol.

On 3/23/2024 at 8:22 PM, Telegan said:

Ha!  Just watched a YouTube video by the person who won this.  Instantly recognized it by the grade and the "defects" on the cover. :D

I may never own one, so I'll just live vicariously through screenshots and videos. lol.

He can't have it in hand yet, can he? Was he just flipping out and celebrating?

Edited by pmpknface

On 3/23/2024 at 7:25 PM, pmpknface said:

He can't have it in hand yet, can he? Was it just flipping out and celebrating?

The Mask #1 CGC 3.0?  Yes, he had it.  I think the auction concluded about a month ago.  Here's the video cued up to where he talks about it being a grail that took him years to get :

On 3/21/2024 at 8:04 PM, pmpknface said:

Mask #1 is still king!  First off, from $550 to $8300 is awesome for the seller!  So a 1.5 gets that and a 4.0 #2 got $12k:

image.thumb.png.0167ef73c74427872d77e7bacff1a89a.png

Question - How much of a bump do we think that #1 got because of the double cover?  Any?  Both covers are 1.5?  (shrug)

I wish I could see that double cover book. Like you said, strange that both covers are 1.5.  Hopefully the buyer doesn't pull the outer one off and put it on a coverless copy.  That's probably the only double-cover copy of that book in existence.

On 3/26/2024 at 11:11 PM, Professor K said:

Normally I would never put forth such a query but the title does say actual pricing. So how much would my 6.0 OW/W B-3 go for these days? I really have no idea. Maybe put it on e bay for 20,000 or best offer. :devil:

1945-4 Mask 2  close.jpg

I'd only put it up there if you really want to get rid of it.  I'm guessing $20k+, but that's just me.  Restored or not it's still a 6.0 and is purty!  

On 3/27/2024 at 8:15 AM, pmpknface said:

I'd only put it up there if you really want to get rid of it.  I'm guessing $20k+, but that's just me.  Restored or not it's still a 6.0 and is purty!  

Hey there, 20k+? Thanks but it seems that Blue label 5.0's are going for nearly 20 and Blue 6.0's about 20 to 25k. I appreciate your positive vibes though. . :peace:

On 4/4/2024 at 6:21 PM, thehumantorch said:

#1 and #2 just keep going up.

#2 for sure. What I learned with this most recent #2 sale is that, unlike most books, there appears to be no price fall-off after the pandemic ended. The price just keeps motoring upwards

actually, now that I’m thinking about it, same for #1.  Unlike almost all the other Promise books, the #1 sold for more the second time around: $102k at initial offering in June of 2021, then $144k a couple years later.

these books must be on every want list. Overcoming the Promise curse is no small feat

IMG_4570.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost