• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mask Comics actual pricing
10 10

812 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2023 at 9:22 AM, thehumantorch said:
On 4/9/2023 at 4:56 PM, *paull* said:

Don't forget those dull interior books Fantastic 3 and Suspense 3.  You'll get them on the cheap soon, too.

Heck, they'll be giving them away.

Heck, forget about simply giving them away....................they'll soon be OFFERING MONEY TO YOU to take these literary and artistic nightmares away for fear of infecting the rest of their treasured personal collection.  :fear: :takeit:

On 4/10/2023 at 12:22 PM, thehumantorch said:

Heck, they'll be giving them away.

On 4/10/2023 at 7:55 PM, lou_fine said:

Heck, forget about simply giving them away....................they'll soon be OFFERING MONEY TO YOU to take these literary and artistic nightmares away for fear of infecting the rest of their treasured personal collection.  :fear: :takeit:

Ok settle down now. 

Hey all, I've asked this before I think in another thread. Apparently Overstreet has Mask 2 listed as having 2 printings- One in April/May of 1945 and one in September 1945 by an un-named publisher.

The correct date should be April/May I'm pretty sure and not Fall 1945 like cgc puts on the label. Gerber says nothing about 2 printings. I've looked at 25 different copies from sales going back about 15 years. I see nothing on the cover to indicate 2 printings. All back cover ads are the same. Just trying to be sure. I'm starting to think Mr. Overstreet got it wrong. Any knowledge about this please contact me here on this thread.Thanks.

The 7.5 #1- I predict around 50k. Too much.

Edited by Professor K

On 8/16/2023 at 2:29 PM, Professor K said:

Hey all, I've asked this before I think in another thread. Apparently Overstreet has Mask 2 listed as having 2 printings- One in April/May of 1945 and one in September 1945 by an un-named publisher.

The correct date should be April/May I'm pretty sure and not Fall 1945 like cgc puts on the label. Gerber says nothing about 2 printings. I've looked at 25 different copies from sales going back about 15 years. I see nothing on the cover to indicate 2 printings. All back cover ads are the same. Just trying to be sure. I'm starting to think Mr. Overstreet got it wrong. Any knowledge about this please contact me here on this thread.Thanks.

The 7.5 #1- I predict around 60k. Too much.

You have to check the indicia (inside cover).  My copy is has a black bar printed over the typical publisher/copyright/address and below that it says it is a Fall 1945 issue (no publisher).

So, if someone has a copy with a unblocked indicia listing Rural Home as publisher than there are indeed two versions.

On 8/16/2023 at 3:06 PM, adamstrange said:

You have to check the indicia (inside cover).  My copy is has a black bar printed over the typical publisher/copyright/address and below that it says it is a Fall 1945 issue (no publisher).

So, if someone has a copy with a unblocked indicia listing Rural Home as publisher than there are indeed two versions.

Confirmation. Thank you sir. 

On 8/16/2023 at 2:12 PM, Professor K said:
On 8/16/2023 at 12:06 PM, adamstrange said:

So, are you telling us that you have a copy of the earlier April/May version and therefore confirming the existence of two different versions?  hm

On 8/16/2023 at 3:06 PM, adamstrange said:

On 8/16/2023 at 5:12 PM, Professor K said:

On 8/17/2023 at 11:10 AM, lou_fine said:

So, are you telling us that you have a copy of the earlier April/May version and therefore confirming the existence of two different versions?  hm

Just to be clear what I meant by "confirmation" was that adamstrange just confirmed it. If one of his copies has like he said a black bar and is dated Fall 1945 I do believe that is confirmation that there are two printings. Could even be more but probably just two. And it's very likely that the 1st Mask #2 cgc graded was a Fall 1945 copy and they just never changed the label,  or decided not to give an indication on the label of what printing each book they grade actually is. 

As I write this I have an unopened box containing a Mask 2 right next to me. I better get to it. 

On 8/17/2023 at 1:20 PM, Professor K said:

Just to be clear what I meant by "confirmation" was that adamstrange just confirmed it. If one of his copies has like he said a black bar and is dated Fall 1945 I do believe that is confirmation that there are two printings. Could even be more but probably just two. And it's very likely that the 1st Mask #2 cgc graded was a Fall 1945 copy and they just never changed the label,  or decided not to give an indication on the label of what printing each book they grade actually is. 

As I write this I have an unopened box containing a Mask 2 right next to me. I better get to it. 

Before we say it is confirmed, I would like someone to send a pic of the indicia without the black bar.

On 8/17/2023 at 2:33 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Unless you post a scan, it didn't happen!

I will go to the trouble to get the book and photograph the inside once we confirm the other version exists.