• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mask Comics actual pricing
10 10

812 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2023 at 10:20 AM, Professor K said:

As I write this I have an unopened box containing a Mask 2 right next to me. I better get to it. 

On 8/17/2023 at 12:32 PM, Professor K said:

My new Mask 2- Very happy with this. 

011.jpg

014.jpg

Well, now that you've opened that box to show us the front and back covers of your supposed Mask 2, you have to take out your sledgehammer and crowbar to pry that sucker open so that we can take a look at the indicia, otherwise it didn't happen.  lol

On 8/17/2023 at 4:40 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, now that you've opened that box to show us the front and back covers of your supposed Mask 2, you have to take out your sledgehammer and crowbar to pry that sucker open so that we can take a look at the indicia, otherwise it didn't happen.  lol

Oh a wise guy ha?  You know I was going to have it re-slabbed because I was told there was a small crack in a lower corner. I was going to ask CGC if they could check the indicia for me when they cracked it. But there is no crack. Holder is perfect. I even took a flashlight and magnifying glass to it. 

On 8/24/2023 at 11:04 PM, pmpknface said:

Not to be overshadowed, but the STT #11, CGC 6.5 CR/OW did ok at a total of $38,582.50 w/ the juice.

What the :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:?  I see 33,350 , I think thats including the juice but still that is one startling price. 

On 8/24/2023 at 7:28 PM, pmpknface said:

$54,625 + 15%. I have that at $62,818.75.

WoW.

On 8/24/2023 at 8:04 PM, pmpknface said:

Not to be overshadowed, but the STT #11, CGC 6.5 CR/OW did ok at a total of $38,582.50 w/ the juice.

As @Professor K had correctly posted, the numbers you are seeing ALREADY INCLUDES the 15% BP juice in there.  :gossip:

So, the Mask 1 hammered at $47,500 with a final price of $54,625 while the STT 11 hammered at $29K with a final price of $33,350 which I would tend to say are both very strong prices given the condition grades.  :applause:

On 8/25/2023 at 1:53 AM, lou_fine said:

As @Professor K had correctly posted, the numbers you are seeing ALREADY INCLUDES the 15% BP juice in there.  :gossip:

So, the Mask 1 hammered at $47,500 with a final price of $54,625 while the STT 11 hammered at $29K with a final price of $33,350 which I would tend to say are both very strong prices given the condition grades.  :applause:

It’s actually not such a bad price for the buyer(I think the $54k price tag includes the 15% commission). What with the recent guide increases, it’s only 2.8 or 2.9 times guide. Compare that to Bakers, that routinely go for 20 - 30 times guide. Still, I don’t think the marketplace is done testing Mask 1. As someone above observed, Mask 1s seem to all of a sudden be showing up on the market, probably in part due to aforesaid recent OPG price increases. We will see how well the market can absorb them all 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 8/25/2023 at 2:53 AM, lou_fine said:

Thanks guys.  That's 1 reason why I posted - to make sure I understood it.  I was just in awe of watching it climb.  I watched the SST go from $16k bid by bid until the end.  

I wonder if that makes my Mask 5.5 worth a few $'s more.  I'm not gonna find out...  just fun to think.  :)  More coming up soon too.

On 8/25/2023 at 8:13 AM, pmpknface said:

Thanks guys.  That's 1 reason why I posted - to make sure I understood it.  I was just in awe of watching it climb.  I watched the SST go from $16k bid by bid until the end.  

I wonder if that makes my Mask 5.5 worth a few $'s more.  I'm not gonna find out...  just fun to think.  :)  More coming up soon too.

That’s funny. I got a 5.5 too. Such an odd grade

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 8/25/2023 at 7:26 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
On 8/25/2023 at 7:13 AM, pmpknface said:

That’s funny. I got a 5.5 too. Such an odd grade

Same.  

On 8/29/2023 at 12:31 PM, pmpknface said:

4 days to go...

image.thumb.png.b9d06ca8d940f5ee77ecbf4ee1ce1aed.png

Will have to wait until the the Fat Lady gets off her duff to sing, but interesting to note that Mask 2 has seemingly pretty much caught up or come close to Mask 1 in terms of valuations based upon auction results we've seen in the past couple of years or so.  :whatthe:  :applause:

On 8/29/2023 at 12:37 PM, pmpknface said:

Although I'm kinda more interested in seeing what these 2 do more:

image.thumb.png.456117fe6e6573de28ee3432eff8b428.png

Yes, will definitely be interesting to see what happens with the Suspense 4 since that is INDEED a tough book to find in grade and this is the 2nd highest graded copy and also a pedigree copy to boot.  :luhv:  :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

On 8/30/2023 at 7:56 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

IMG_4332.png

I believe this goes to confirm my previous point which I had stated in my above post the other day:  (thumbsu

On 8/29/2023 at 2:09 PM, lou_fine said:

Will have to wait until the the Fat Lady gets off her duff to sing, but interesting to note that Mask 2 has seemingly pretty much caught up or come close to Mask 1 in terms of valuations based upon auction results we've seen in the past couple of years or so.  :whatthe:  :applause: