• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where’s the eBay coupons?
5 5

795 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

They just sent me a seller promotion of 50% off sellers fee tha expires in a few days. Its driving me nuts because there's a book in the 3k range I'm interested in selling but since I stupidly decided to have it reslabbed I obviously don't have access to it :frustrated: Who knows when the hell I'll get that back?

It would amount to a difference of ~150. The timing gods have it in for me!!!!

That would pay the sales the tax if you're in a state which allows Ebay to collect sales tax.

Edited by telerites

15 hours ago, telerites said:

That would pay the sales the tax if you're in a state which allows Ebay to collect sales tax.

15 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

No I'm in Florida. Doesn't apply to us. I think that's only in a few states 

Florida definitely has sales tax. They just haven't kicked it in on online sales yet. eBay is collecting in 20 states currently.

Edited by ygogolak

20 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Florida definitely has sales tax. They just haven't kicked it in on online sales yet. eBay is collecting in 20 states currently.

Thanks - I actually thought it was more than 20 - I am Oklahoma and we're chopped. I would share my opinions of taxing online purchases in which the seller has no infrastructure nor investment in a state but I wouldn't want to cross the "no politics" line.  

2 minutes ago, telerites said:

Thanks - I actually thought it was more than 20 - I am Oklahoma and we're chopped. I would share my opinions of taxing online purchases in which the seller has no infrastructure nor investment in a state but I wouldn't want to cross the "no politics" line.  

Right, that's what the original crux of the situation was. Amazon distribution centers and states not getting tax on the goods sold / shipped from them.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

When would it kick in? Is this applicable to any online purchase anywhere or just Ebay? I'd imagine the unintended consequences of this would be substantial 

Whomever is responsible for putting forth this lawsuit to begin with deserves to suffer those consequences 

Edited by MGsimba77

Does anyone know the criteria used when sending an offer on a item to interested buyers?

For instance, I have a comic for sale with 5 watchers. When I hit "send offer" I would expect it to go to those 5, but it says at the top it's only going to 1 interested buyer.

1 minute ago, manetteska said:

Does anyone know the criteria used when sending an offer on a item to interested buyers?

For instance, I have a comic for sale with 5 watchers. When I hit "send offer" I would expect it to go to those 5, but it says at the top it's only going to 1 interested buyer.

would enjoy an answer to this as well, and to the point, if I'm "watching an item", how do "I" become an "interested buyer" to get these deals? lol 

I mean is there a switch to flip or button to mash? lol how are my interested people getting all the deals and not me lol  :sumo: 

31 minutes ago, manetteska said:

28 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

would enjoy an answer to this as well, and to the point, if I'm "watching an item", how do "I" become an "interested buyer" to get these deals? lol 

I mean is there a switch to flip or button to mash? lol how are my interested people getting all the deals and not me lol  :sumo: 

Look here - think you need to switch to new seller hub to do it

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-early/index.html

3 minutes ago, telerites said:

Look here - think you need to switch to new seller hub to do it

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-early/index.html

Thanks :) and I think that answers the question for the seller part...

I didn't see where as a "buyer" I could become an "interested" buyer to receive offer's though, it might be the same edit in the settings, I'll try it out ;) 

Thank You!

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks :) and I think that answers the question for the seller part...

I didn't see where as a "buyer" I could become an "interested" buyer to receive offer's though, it might be the same edit in the settings, I'll try it out ;) 

Thank You!

Yeah - I don't know.  I have received e-mails from Ebay as the seller saying I have eyes watching an item and if I lower the price, Ebay will send them an offer but it is not consistent as I know I have watchers and I don't get those emails on every item.

But I haven't sold anything since probably last summer.

47 minutes ago, manetteska said:

when they started this feature they said something about limiting the numbers of offers a buyer can receive so that may be it

My friend gets these discount offers from sellers regularly on items he is watching. I never even heard of it before and have never gotten an offer. He also seems to get discount codes (10-20% off) on all kinds of items that don't seem to be general codes they are sending out. 

Where the hell are my discounts???????

13 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

8% ebucks until Wednesday night

are you sure it wasn't by email invite only and only for tech... that is the one that I got...

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
15 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

8% ebucks until Wednesday night

are you sure it wasn't by email invite only and only for tech... that is the one that I go

wow the description said "tech" but it does work on collectibles too ^^ good catch :)