• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

News that Eternals will be exclusive to theaters shouldn't come as much of a shock as it was seemingly confirmed over the summer that Black Widow and Jungle Cruise could be the last movies from the company to be released in theaters and on Disney+ premier access simultaneously. Disney CEO Bob Chapek previously confirmed that Marvel's Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings and the Ryan Reynolds' starring Free Guy will have a 45-day exclusive theatrical window upon their release. Those two films were seemingly the ones called out as starting the theatrical exclusive trend for Disney since they arrive few months ahead of Eternals, due out November 5.

"Regardless of where they originate, all of our films and episodic series will end up as part of the robust library of content on our direct-to-consumer platforms," Chapek said back in May. "Flexibility is the key component of our distribution strategy, and we have outlined three approaches for distributing our films. Releases in Theatres with the simultaneous offering via Disney+ Premiere Access, release straight to Disney+, and traditional exclusive theatrical releases."

Oh so it's still on track? I thought for sure it was going to be pushed back again, after Black Widow's performance. And we've seen so little of it so far. I'm in it for Richard Madden, and I like Gemma Chan, but somehow I'm not expecting this to be a favourite. 

We'll see. 

On 8/2/2021 at 9:35 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Laughing at the Eternals hate in these boards. This November however, Marvel's least favorite immortals will have the last laugh, kinda like in the trailer.

You know... I don't hate the Eternals.
I just never really liked the characters as much as say – a Richard Rider Nova.

And I do hope that the movie is awesome. That would be great! I don't root for any superhero movie to fail.
I wish DC were a bigger competitor to Marvel, to push them to make good/better stuff.

I can say that I don't have any preconceived notions about the characters, so my expectations are open on who they are and where the movie goes.
But - the trailer/trailers haven't gotten me jazzed up to see the movie. Maybe they'll have a better cut... I don't know.
Right now there's not a compelling hook to drag me into this. Maybe it'll be the Black Knight.