• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2022 at 5:35 PM, Bosco685 said:

I've been rewatching SYFY Channel's The Magicians series again, as I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to the end.

But now I watched the special features videos as well. Which the co-creator of the show explained the scenery of the shots played a part of conveying when you were dealing with less magical areas. When the characters were in New York City walking around it was dark and overcast to convey normal living and all the challenges faced. But when they were in magical locations everything was bright and shot from above the characters to convey a big, beautiful environment.

The same with Ozark. Having the show take place in what is assumed to be the peaceful countryside that turns out to be just as seedy as any city setting is the beauty of the show. If it was the other way around where it was already in a major city I think the show would lose that fun atmosphere. Especially with the locals that bring their own country atmosphere to the scenes like Darlene (R.I.P).

Agreed 100%

On 1/31/2022 at 6:18 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Just watched this for the first time as a birthday thing. Wow that was a bad choice. I fell asleep a few times, and I literally can't even point you to a favourite moment. How many films can boast that? It was all just monotone drek, no excitement. 

I knew not to expect much, but man, my expectations were still too high. 

most people's favorite part was the end.  kinda like a root canal.

On 2/1/2022 at 12:20 PM, kav said:

most people's favorite part was the end.  kinda like a root canal.

Yeah, I was relieved when it was over. I wasn't even looking forward to the after-credits scenes. 

On 2/1/2022 at 1:29 AM, Bosco685 said:

"Mouse Mothership, this is Fanboy69. We have a problem. Awaiting further instruction."

:fear:

"Mouse Mothership, I say again. Awaiting further instructions!"

:ohnoez:

instruction sent in form of metaphor-repeat-

On 1/31/2022 at 9:18 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Just watched this for the first time as a birthday thing. Wow that was a bad choice. I fell asleep a few times, and I literally can't even point you to a favourite moment. How many films can boast that? It was all just monotone drek, no excitement. 

I knew not to expect much, but man, my expectations were still too high. 

I thought that the scenes featuring Celestials were cool. That's about it.

On 2/1/2022 at 4:31 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Where does that place the pyramids? 

I was just scrolling down when I read this.  I wasn't reading who wrote what.  Then I said, "Who wrote this?"  Then I said, "That makes sense."  lol 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 2/1/2022 at 4:24 PM, Buzzetta said:

I was just scrolling down when I read this.  I wasn't reading who wrote what.  Then I said, "Who wrote this?"  Then I said, "That makes sense."  lol 

:acclaim:

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
At least I didn't leave you disappointed.

On 2/1/2022 at 7:35 PM, kav said:
On 2/1/2022 at 6:41 PM, D84 said:

Screenshot_20220201-184046_YouTube.thumb.jpg.110fabba5531ea7dc453e54405b43de6.jpg

yep

:butbutbutemoji:

Making Moonknight into a series suggests that it will continue on.

Did you really want that for Eternals? It already seemed like an eternity in just one movie.  (shrug)

Re-watched it.  First part  was like chanel brand, but the second part picks up when one of the Eternals betrays the Eternals.  Surprisingly, liked this more than the Moon Knight and Hawk Eye tv shows. I ended up  caring about some of these characters. I was very into Iron Man, Captain America and Spider-Man, but at the end of the movie I started to care for these Eternals characters.  Hope there will be a part 2 or they appear in Marvel movies again. :wishluck:  It takes time to warm up to them, but they are good in the end.

On 4/29/2022 at 10:11 AM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

Re-watched it.  First part  was like chanel brand, but the second part picks up when one of the Eternals betrays the Eternals.  Surprisingly, liked this more than the Moon Knight and Hawk Eye tv shows. I ended up  caring about some of these characters. I was very into Iron Man, Captain America and Spider-Man, but at the end of the movie I started to care for these Eternals characters.  Hope there will be a part 2 or they appear in Marvel movies again. :wishluck:  It takes time to warm up to them, but they are good in the end.

I’ll give it another shot. I gave up after 30 minutes.