• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 1/28/2022 at 6:29 AM, Axelrod said:

I have to believe, naive person that I am, that the Marvel people have some explanation in mind already.  Because on paper it makes no sense.  Will it be a good explanation?  No idea, and frankly, I have doubts.  But there will be some kind of explanation forthcoming.  

What’s the over/under the “solution” involves time travel?

On 1/28/2022 at 11:32 AM, Number 6 said:

possibly they will explain eternals movie was just a metaphor and as such has no bearing on the actual MCU.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:32 AM, Number 6 said:

Well, it does absolve the writers of doing any, you know, good writing.  

We also don't have to take any character's "word for it" when they make some declaration.  Maybe some character just lied to curry favor, or to set up a chance to get on the inside and kill somebody.

On 1/28/2022 at 3:31 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Well, it does absolve the writers of doing any, you know, good writing.  

We also don't have to take any character's "word for it" when they make some declaration.  Maybe some character just lied to curry favor, or to set up a chance to get on the inside and kill somebody.

with this strategy they can do anything-make star lord turn out to be actually mickey mouse-anything.

On 1/28/2022 at 3:52 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Sounds like a real multiverse of madness..

MoM

This movie is a snooze fest until Ikaris turns on them.

Then it makes no sense !

Why did Kingo leave? Why did they forgive him & Sprite so readily when they didn't help? Sprite tried to kill Sersi for Pete's sake! 

How could the Uni mind work without Kingo?

How was Ikaris so powerful that he could fight all the Eternals at once, when he had trouble handling 1 deviant early on ?

How did Angie kill the Deviant when it had absorbed other peoples' powers & killed them? She survived when no one else did?

Eros being Thanos's bother creates so many problems as Buzz says earlier in the thread!

Having Arishem show up & say "Well, if the humans are worthy,  I forgive you for killing a celestial"  awful! 

How does Blade fit into this movie???? WTF????

Edited by Comics4All

On 1/29/2022 at 10:08 AM, Comics4All said:

This movie is a snooze fest until Ikaris turns on them.

Then it makes no sense !

Why did Kingo leave? Why did they forgive him & Sprite so readily when they didn't help? Sprite tried to kill Sersi for Pete's sake! 

How could the Uni mind work without Kingo?

How was Ikaris so powerful that he could fight all the Eternals at once, when he had trouble handling 1 deviant early on ?

How did Angie kill the Deviant when it had absorbed other peoples' powers & killed them? She survived when no one else did?

Eros being Thanos's bother creates so many problems as Buzz says earlier in the thread!

Having Arishem show up & say "Well, if the humans are worthy,  I forgive you for killing a celestial"  awful! 

How does Blade fit into this movie???? WTF????

Look everything you stated as a problem, is actually a metaphor for something super awesome.  You just dont "get it", I'm afraid.

On 1/29/2022 at 1:59 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Tried watching this late two nights ago, fell asleep 20 minutes in.  Tried watching it with kids last night, got 40 minutes in and they were bored and we ended up watching Encanto instead.  Third time will be the charm I guess.

Why would you put yourself through that for a third time? Unless your just having a hard time sleeping at night, then I totally get it.

On 1/29/2022 at 4:07 PM, Finhead said:

Why would you put yourself through that for a third time? Unless your just having a hard time sleeping at night, then I totally get it.

All the best intens....zzzzzzz

best_intentions.gif.0800721c2379ab6691cea0615fe23049.gif

On 1/29/2022 at 12:59 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Tried watching this late two nights ago, fell asleep 20 minutes in.  Tried watching it with kids last night, got 40 minutes in and they were bored and we ended up watching Encanto instead.  Third time will be the charm I guess.

20 minutes seems to be the magic number for this dud.  thats when I turned 'er off.