• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

Okay this is where I am confused btw...

So I do know that Starfox is Thanos' brother. 

But if they are both Eternals... does that mean that Thanos was also an android synthazoid created by Celestials that broke free of his programming / oath / conditioning of non-interference? 

On 1/27/2022 at 11:26 AM, chrisco37 said:

That felt like an Eternity.  

it really did.  seemed...eternal-

On 1/27/2022 at 1:53 PM, Buzzetta said:

But if they are both Eternals... does that mean that Thanos was also an android synthazoid created by Celestials that broke free of his programming / oath / conditioning of non-interference? 

ouch.

On 1/27/2022 at 1:54 PM, Buzzetta said:

And yes, this CGI is terrible. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 4.33.36 PM.png

double ouch.

On 1/27/2022 at 4:53 PM, Buzzetta said:

And @Bosco685

Let's take it a step further...

Starfox is an Eternal.

Pip introduces Starfox as the brother of Thanos.

The Eternals will not interfere with humans but WILL interfere with the efforts of OTHER Eternals deviating from the plans of the Celestials as seen in this very movie.

So now I am confused as to why they did not try and stop Thanos from wiping out half of the population around the Universe which would have slowed down the birthing energy required to launch new baby Celestials. 

On 1/27/2022 at 5:42 PM, Buzzetta said:

And @Bosco685

Starfox is an Eternal.

The Eternals will not interfere with humans but WILL interfere with the efforts of OTHER Eternals deviating from the plans of the Celestials as seen in this very movie.

So now I am confused as to why they did not try and stop Thanos from wiping out half of the population around the Universe which would have slowed down the birthing energy required to launch new baby Celestials. 

kevin_feige2.gif.d5adfdd28a7045b33dbb16063282434a.gif

On 1/27/2022 at 2:42 PM, Buzzetta said:

And @Bosco685

Starfox is an Eternal.

there's gaffes in films sure but Eternals really takes the cake (metaphor) on so many levels.  

On 1/27/2022 at 5:51 PM, Bosco685 said:

kevin_feige2.gif.d5adfdd28a7045b33dbb16063282434a.gif

Yeah but then they could have simply said that either

a) Starfox and Thanos were NOT brothers.

b) The Eternals were NOT synthetics created by Celestials to serve them.

They could have said that the Eternals were a chosen race of people that worshipped the Celestials like a religion and that Thanos strayed... 

It's a poorly constructed movie. 

I actually support the diversity angle in this movie as it would have made sense that this group represented all humanity to which they were charged to oversee at the cradle of civilization.  It is a diverse group to represent the planet.

However, the writing on this is poor.  The conceptualization is poor.  The execution is poor. 

On 1/27/2022 at 6:09 PM, Buzzetta said:

Yeah but then they could have simply said that either

a) Starfox and Thanos were NOT brothers.

b) The Eternals were NOT synthetics created by Celestials to serve them.

They could have said that the Eternals were a chosen race of people that worshipped the Celestials like a religion and that Thanos strayed... 

It's a poorly constructed movie. 

I actually support the diversity angle in this movie as it would have made sense that this group represented all humanity to which they were charged to oversee at the cradle of civilization.  It is a diverse group to represent the planet.

However, the writing on this is poor.  The conceptualization is poor.  The execution is poor. 

change_narrative.gif.90f0905a4a7975f0469b445bbca2cae9.gif

On 1/27/2022 at 6:12 PM, Bosco685 said:

change_narrative.gif.90f0905a4a7975f0469b445bbca2cae9.gif

Hey, I don't have a PHD in moviemaking and saw the problematic plot holes that this movie has and the nonsensical retcons that have been created.

And this is strictly discussion about the movie and asking questions.   

On 1/27/2022 at 6:20 PM, Buzzetta said:

Hey, I don't have a PHD in moviemaking and saw the problematic plot holes that this movie has and the nonsensical retcons that have been created.

And this is strictly discussion about the movie and asking questions.   

You are...

thegoldengod.gif.e9de86ea124f1b66cd62ad259330972e.gif

K back on topic before I run out.

I think I want to make cookies on Saturday.  Gonna go out and get some toll house mix. 

I really want to see an explanation for my above questions.  Also, has anyone else questioned that so far?  I didn't see anything on it. 

On 1/27/2022 at 6:43 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Did you really think any movie these days would have anything to do with this phrase?

Dang nabbit I really gotta go... Car is warming up. 

Yes actually... like the Silver Surfer was a chosen individual to serve Galactus...

The Celestials could have encountered a planet where they chose that entire planet or humanoid race to serve them.

When I am saying race and talking about the galaxy I am talking about the human race or humanoid race in a galaxy of those that are among it that are NOT human.   So the Celestials select them and send them to Earth.

Thanos did not look like a member of the human race.