• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2022 at 5:52 PM, Buzzetta said:

Dang nabbit I really gotta go... Car is warming up. 

Yes actually... like the Silver Surfer was a chosen individual to serve Galactus...

The Celestials could have encountered a planet where they chose that entire planet or humanoid race to serve them.

When I am saying race and talking about the galaxy I am talking about the human race or humanoid race in a galaxy of those that are among it that are NOT human.   So the Celestials select them and send them to Earth.

Thanos did not look like a member of the human race. 

I get it and do completely understand.  

It was more a :baiting: at how the industry has been trying to avoid using phrase/etc like the one quoted above.  

Just when you thought you were going to go.... :roflmao:

Shows softballing endings like this do not deserve awards after all that wonderful buildup.

• WANDA: "I'm sorry for all the pain I caused."
  • MONICA: "I know"
  • WANDA: "I don't understand this power. But I will!"
  • WANDA: "Goodbye Monica!" 
  • MONICA: "Bye Wanda!" 

Disingenuous to the events that occurred throughout the show.

Edited by Bosco685

On 1/27/2022 at 3:09 PM, Buzzetta said:

Yeah but then they could have simply said that either

a) Starfox and Thanos were NOT brothers.

b) The Eternals were NOT synthetics created by Celestials to serve them.

They could have said that the Eternals were a chosen race of people that worshipped the Celestials like a religion and that Thanos strayed... 

It's a poorly constructed movie. 

I actually support the diversity angle in this movie as it would have made sense that this group represented all humanity to which they were charged to oversee at the cradle of civilization.  It is a diverse group to represent the planet.

However, the writing on this is poor.  The conceptualization is poor.  The execution is poor. 

If you have to make your characters robots to explain their illogical behavior and just say well thats how they were programmed and stuff to cover your weakness as a screenwriter unable to come up with real logical reasons for motivation then you really shouldnt be writing screenplays in the first place.

On 1/27/2022 at 4:09 PM, Bosco685 said:

Unfortunately this is where 'Marvel fans have it gooooooooood' is kind of blind too.

WandaVision started off strong. Then became this softball of an ending. Yet MCU fanatics blindly proclaimed all of it amazing and rushed to recommend it for all sorts of awards as a whole.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier started out okay and then turned into a societal statement that again was a softball to pander to Disney 'appeal to everyone' demands.

WHAT IF....? was a mixed bag that started off strong and then landed at the franchise-building path because that is the MCU: breadcrumbs to build a constant franchise rather than the standalone story alone.

So celebrating even the misses because 'Marvel fans have it gooooooood' rather than voicing concerns with the misses allows for continued misses. Not helping the studio learn to maintain higher standards.

McDonald's worker to customer who got his order screwed up: "You guys have it gooooooooooooooood!!  Usually this doesnt happen!"

There is nothing wrong with complaining when something is bad.  You dont have to "suck it up".

On 1/27/2022 at 7:09 PM, Bosco685 said:

So celebrating even the misses because 'Marvel fans have it gooooooood' rather than voicing concerns with the misses allows for continued misses. Not helping the studio learn to maintain higher standards.

To be clear, I never said fans should not voice their concerns, I have done it too.

and man, the flag smashers or whoever were the villains in Bucky and Falcon show were bad. I thought they might be going for a twist or something but no, just lackluster writing. 

On 1/27/2022 at 7:36 PM, kav said:

McDonald's worker to customer who got his order screwed up: "You guys have it gooooooooooooooood!!  Usually this doesnt happen!"

There is nothing wrong with complaining when something is bad.  You dont have to "suck it up".

I liked your original comment better,  gave me a good laugh 😃 

On 1/27/2022 at 7:36 PM, kav said:

I was so excited for WandaVision as it seemed so unique.

Then that finale was like "We give up on a big wrap-up ending!"

On 1/27/2022 at 4:43 PM, Bosco685 said:

I tried to watch it but couldnt get interested.  I liked hawkeye a lot tho.

On 1/27/2022 at 6:37 PM, William-James88 said:

To be clear, I never said fans should not voice their concerns, I have done it too.

and man, the flag smashers or whoever were the villains in Bucky and Falcon show were bad. I thought they might be going for a twist or something but no, just lackluster writing. 

Falcon and the Winter Soldier was so bad, it made me angry. I loved those to characters, but the writing screwed them so hard it's unlikely I'll be able to watch anything else they put out with them.

On 1/27/2022 at 4:55 PM, D84 said:

Falcon and the Winter Soldier was so bad, it made me angry. I loved those to characters, but the writing screwed them so hard it's unlikely I'll be able to watch anything else they put out with them.

thx for that.  Was just gonna watch it and you saved me from that particular fate.

On 1/27/2022 at 8:20 PM, kav said:

thx for that.  Was just gonna watch it and you saved me from that particular fate.

I too do not recommend it. The "conflict" is just terrible and very poorly written or explored. I liked the interactions between Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie but man, that's all there is to it. And that finale is meme worthy. If you think what you see below is dumb, then you would not like the show.
You can't escape his lecture no matter you are Thanos! : Meme, Meta/Reddit  : r/marvelmemes

On 1/27/2022 at 4:53 PM, Buzzetta said:

Okay this is where I am confused btw...

So I do know that Starfox is Thanos' brother. 

But if they are both Eternals... does that mean that Thanos was also an android synthazoid created by Celestials that broke free of his programming / oath / conditioning of non-interference? 

On 1/27/2022 at 5:42 PM, Buzzetta said:

So now I am confused as to why they did not try and stop Thanos from wiping out half of the population around the Universe which would have slowed down the birthing energy required to launch new baby Celestials. 

I haven't watched the movie yet, but this sounds the Red Ribbon Army/Cell season of Dragon Ball Z but with a bigger budget and scope.

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 1/27/2022 at 7:43 PM, Bosco685 said:

I agree 100%. Good old Marvel, couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a finale filled with CGI and two people with the same power set battling it out. And what's funny is that you had 2 of those battles, though I did like the vision vs vision battle of logic.

@Buzzetta While Starfox showed up in Eternals and had similar garb, he was never said to be an eternal. He is just a totally different entity, unrelated to them who just happened to show up. So he is not an android and neither is thanos. Now, how he and Thanos look completely different and are brothers, well can't help you there.

Edited by William-James88

On 1/27/2022 at 6:42 PM, William-James88 said:

I too do not recommend it. The "conflict" is just terrible and very poorly written or explored. I liked the interactions between Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie but man, that's all there is to it. And that finale is meme worthy. If you think what you see below is dumb, then you would not like the show.
You can't escape his lecture no matter you are Thanos! : Meme, Meta/Reddit  : r/marvelmemes

Dude should have taken an ecology class-knows nothing abt population curves.  halve the population, wait 2 generations-back to 100%

On 1/27/2022 at 7:19 PM, William-James88 said:

Which one got the good genes, Thanos or Starfox?

maybe star fox is a metaphor for thanos? (shrug)