• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

Can't really tell much other than it looks well-executed.  That doesn't mean it won't be boring, although I find the idea of the Celestials and Eternals compelling so I'll be surprised if I end up being bored.

18 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Can't really tell much other than it looks well-executed.  That doesn't mean it won't be boring, although I find the idea of the Celestials and Eternals compelling so I'll be surprised if I end up being bored.

This is where I am at right now. Knowing this is clearly The Eternals which came about from Celestials manipulation, there's a lot that can be going on here.

But I can't tell from this just yet. Other than it looks very sharp and it has a solid cast.

My favourite shot of the trailer, which I think evoked the most Kirby and Kubrick (ala 2001) feeling (I also think they are also making a visual reference and play on the old imagery associated with the myth of the invisible ships).

However, while the wide awe inspiring visual of the ship over the sprawling landscape was great; it was diminished by the poor muted colors. Grey ship, grey sky, grey sea, muted brown beach (This scene alone justifies the 2021 color of the year being PANTONE 17-5104, Ultimate Gray). 

eternalShip.thumb.jpg.10e3e029f5c6f25f6fce41e00dc0d59f.jpg

This comment sums it up for me. "NARRATOR VOICE: From the director who won an Oscar for making another woman poop in a bucket, it's this family from space.... who never die. Their super power is being really old, like older than a US Senator. It's the Eternals.... with a cast of probably like 30 people, I forget how many, it's too many. SO so many. You've got Angie Voight, Game of Thrones guys one AND two, the annoying guy from Silicon Valley, but he's buff now, and so many more. You might actually be part of the cast and not even realize it! Go see Eternals! The Disney corporation commands it!"

11 minutes ago, D84 said:

This comment sums it up for me. "NARRATOR VOICE: From the director who won an Oscar for making another woman poop in a bucket, it's this family from space.... who never die. Their super power is being really old, like older than a US Senator. It's the Eternals.... with a cast of probably like 30 people, I forget how many, it's too many. SO so many. You've got Angie Voight, Game of Thrones guys one AND two, the annoying guy from Silicon Valley, but he's buff now, and so many more. You might actually be part of the cast and not even realize it! Go see Eternals! The Disney corporation commands it!"

Very true, but at the same time I can see out of all Marvel movies thus far this would be the one that is done the most disservice by its trailers. Lots of potential scope lost when trying to crank out a generic block buster trailer :)

So the scene at the end of the trailer suggests we are in the current time period. I thought the word was this film took place in the past. Either way I am less intrigued now as there is NOTHING exciting looking in that trailer. I’m not saying a compelling story can’t be told and it won’t do well but to win over the average fan well I wonder if they will have done enough. And maybe it’s not for the average fan but if that is the case, I feel that could lead to poor sales and what the public deems a poor movie.

I am less intrigued after watching that trailer I gotta say. Whatever feel some people here mentioned having I just wasn’t feeling I guess. And this comes from someone who enjoys the Eternals....

Edited by comicginger1789

If the leaked -script synopsis is legit, this film is a *huge* risk, as it functions as a world-building prequel, with little action, and instead simply sets the table for future installments.

6 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

If the leaked --script synopsis is legit, this film is a *huge* risk, as it functions as a world-building prequel, with little action, and instead simply sets the table for future installments.

The important question is ... does the future Darth Vader get to yell "yippee!", because you're not in a true world-building prequel until Darth Vader yells "yippee!" :preach:

5 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

TBH the camerawork looks really bad and monotonous.

A full trailer will be interesting to see if it looks the same :popcorn:

SPECIAL NOTE: But at least Marvel Studios put out an Eternals movie and WB didn't put out the New Gods film 

:sumo: (:

28 minutes ago, WeR138 said:

I'm guessing Ikaris didn't get therealsilvermane's memo.

He is going to be very disappointed

SPECIAL NOTE: But at least Marvel Studios put out an Eternals movie and WB didn't put out the New Gods film 

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

He is going to be very disappointed

I'd rather a movie doesn't get made than look this generic.

Just now, D84 said:

I'd rather a movie doesn't get made than look this generic.

Excuse me. Any further responses in this thread requires the appropriate special note to honor @Gatsby77and his fixation on this topic.