• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Excuse me. Any further responses in this thread requires the appropriate special note to honor @Gatsby77and his fixation on this topic.

SPECIAL NOTE: But at least Marvel Studios put out an Eternals movie and WB didn't put out the New Gods film 

:sumo: (:

Just sayin'.

They are thematically similar.

And Marvel announced The Eternals movie *six weeks after* Warner Bros. announced the New Gods movie back in 2018.

Just seems to be a perfect metaphor for the relative success of the two studios.

#WaitingForTheFlash

3 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Just sayin'.

And Marvel announced The Eternals movie *six weeks after* Warner Bros. announced the New Gods movie back in 2018.

Just seems to be a perfect metaphor for the relative success of the two studios.

#WaitingForTheFlash

But, Marvel is getting stale. This would be a great time for WB to get it together.

Will they? I hope so, but doubt it.

22 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Just sayin'.

#WaitingForTheFlash

17 minutes ago, D84 said:

But, Marvel is getting stale. This would be a great time for WB to get it together.

If I see this behavior again with a lack of special notice flair, I'm slapping you both with a secret mod fines.

SPECIAL NOTE: But at least Marvel Studios put out an Eternals movie and WB didn't put out the New Gods film 

flair.JPG.068d7921be084dd8da4400afc6f3561d.JPG

23 minutes ago, D84 said:

But it is sad how horribly WB treats its own comic book properties

SPECIAL NOTE: But at least Marvel Studios put out an Eternals movie and WB didn't put out the New Gods film 

Edited by Bosco685

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Excuse me. Any further responses in this thread requires the appropriate special note to honor @Gatsby77and his fixation on this topic.

SPECIAL NOTE: But at least Marvel Studios put out an Eternals movie and WB didn't put out the New Gods film 

So do we need to open a new thread with the no fighting dorks tag to make sure that the naysayers don't overwhelm this thread?  Asking for a friend Zack Snyder fan.

1 hour ago, D84 said:

But, Marvel is getting stale.

Just from the trailer (obviously I have no idea what the movie will look like), isn't this different from the standard MCU movie?  So if Marvel is getting stale, wouldn't this qualify as not stale?

***Still excited:applause:

7 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

So do we need to open a new thread with the no fighting dorks tag to make sure that the naysayers don't overwhelm this thread?  Asking for a friend Zack Snyder fan.

Unfortunately when the same child keeps making the same obvious statement like it is a new realization...

p.s. You have been docked one flair point

14 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

By the way, what does Zack Snyder have to do with an MCU film? You do realize I love watching Marvel, DC, Dark Horse and other properties and have said nothing bad about The Eternals but actually posting Jack Kirby story details as it and The New Gods were my first comic books ever along with Kamandi.

Was that your "EWWW - I'm going to get him" move? Asking for a friend that knows how to recognize the joy of comic book properties overall versus choosing sides. He dislikes ignorant studio fights. But I'll try and explain how bias plays out with ignorant people.

(:

8 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

You win the weaksauce award - 4K TV edition

:baiting:

Ahem, Excuse me. were was your appropriate special note to honor @Gatsby77and his fixation on this bizarro topic. :D 

SPECIAL NOTE: But at least Marvel Studios put out a New Gods movie and WB didn't put out Eternals. 

Edited by Sauce Dog

8 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Ahem, Excuse me. were was your appropriate special note to honor @Gatsby77and his fixation on this bizarro topic. :D 

SPECIAL NOTE: But at least Marvel Studios put out a New Gods movie and WB didn't put out Eternals. 

I was so shocked by the amateur attempt..

SPECIAL NOTE: But at least Marvel Studios put out a New Gods movie and WB didn't put out Eternals.

13 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

A full trailer will be interesting to see if it looks the same :popcorn:

Literally all but 3 shots in this trailer: Pan left/right or zoom in/out.

Freaking animated movie trailers have more variety.