• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So Which SA Mega Key Will Surge This Year?
4 4

455 posts in this topic

TTA #44 seems very cheap still to me.

The Wasp has been in hundreds and hundreds of comic book issues, cover of Avengers #1 - TTA #44 is in itself a cool cover.

Leader of Avengers West Coast and 2, soon to be 3, MCU films.

Still seems way under-valued for a character that's been around constantly since 1963.

You can get a mid-grade for under $1000 right now.

I get that she's not an 'A' grader - but that still seems crazily cheap to me.

I only have a single copy - a 7.0, but am thinking of upgrading.

Thoughts people?

:tink:

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

I think all SA keys are rising...

It feels like even minor keys are rising...I was tracking the FF #16 CGC 6.0 in the latest CLink auction and was shocked at the hammer price of $622...am I missing something here?

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DFantastic%2BFour%2B16%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1452425&id=1452425&itemType=0

It does feature the first Ant-Man crossover and a cool Doom cover, but still...

21 minutes ago, Beige said:

TTA #44 seems very cheap still to me.

The Wasp has been in hundreds and hundreds of comic book issues, cover of Avengers #1 - TTA #44 is in itself a cool cover.

Leader of Avengers West Coast and 2, soon to be 3, MCU films.

Still seems way under-valued for a character that's been around constantly since 1963.

You can get a mid-grade for under $1000 right now.

I get that she's not an 'A' grader - but that still seems crazily cheap to me.

I only have a single copy - a 7.0, but am thinking of upgrading.

Thoughts people?

:tink:

I actually had a discussion with a friend about TOS #52 and TTA #44 about a year ago at this time...the context of our discussion was whether or not these two books were a better buy than Avengers #4, assuming that you had a fixed amount of cash to spend on them.

For example, assuming you had $2,000 to spend at the beginning of last year, was an Avengers #4 CGC 7.0 a better buy than a TOS #52 CGC 7.5 or TTA #44 CGC 7.5?

His comment was Black Widow and the Wasp were "B" level characters, and even though Avengers #4 does not feature the first appearance of Captain America it was the better buy because he's an "A" level character...fast forward one year, and he was right. :smile:

With this noted, I agree with you that TTA #44 is a cool cover and has room to grow (it's also a hard book to find without Marvel chipping or smudging)...I'm hoping to acquire a nice 6.0 - 7.5 copy one day!

1 hour ago, KCOComics said:

Two beautiful mid grades sold here on the boards in the last week for pretty big $$.  

It seems like it's getting hot again! 

Hulk is heating up for sure.

It seems like a good wave of mid-grade copies have turned up fairly recently, and they’ve presented well for the grade too. That definitely helps a book move.

This seems to happen on occasion, where a copy pops up & sells, and it creates a domino affect of other copies shaking loose until a price crest of some kind is reached. Then another books moves in...

As others have noted, DD 1 and X-Men 1 are riding the wave up. It looks like JIM 83 is maybe a little flat right now? Avengers 1 also? FF 1 seems to have just a light sizzle/boiling going on, but it looks like FF 5 has the true heat now.

On 22/1/2021 at 4:29 AM, HighVoltage said:

Hulk is heating up for sure.

It seems like a good wave of mid-grade copies have turned up fairly recently, and they’ve presented well for the grade too. That definitely helps a book move.

This seems to happen on occasion, where a copy pops up & sells, and it creates a domino affect of other copies shaking loose until a price crest of some kind is reached. Then another books moves in...

As others have noted, DD 1 and X-Men 1 are riding the wave up. It looks like JIM 83 is maybe a little flat right now? Avengers 1 also? FF 1 seems to have just a light sizzle/boiling going on, but it looks like FF 5 has the true heat now.

Not sure Jim 83 is flat, a 6.5 just sold for 21k

14 hours ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

Here's an idea on keys surging in the upcoming year.........What if Marvel's Phase 4 and beyond does to Fantastic Four what Phase 1-3 did for Avenger's prices? Just something to consider?

FF1 is already pretty tough to find, any hype could certainly push it and the other first appearances to the roof. FF4 FF5 are already quickly climbing.

Edited by PKJ

2 hours ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

Here's an idea on keys surging in the upcoming year.........What if Marvel's Phase 4 and beyond does to Fantastic Four what Phase 1-3 did for Avenger's prices? Just something to consider?

I think most of us are considering it. I know I am. And Disney did announce a Fantastic Four movie, so things seem to be lining up.

On 1/21/2021 at 10:29 PM, HighVoltage said:

The thing with FF 5 is that out of all of these, it has the most room to grow and unlike DD 1, there is less of it out there. So as people are still finding it relatively affordable, there is greater demand, and it's more limited supply means the price will rise faster than others until it reaches that point where it's too expensive for many. 

5 hours ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

Iron Man, Cap, and Thor all had their own movies prior to The Avengers, we won’t see the same for any of Marvel’s first family.  FF already inherits the stigma of 3 brutally bad Fox films.  Not saying the franchise won’t be well handled in Marvel Studio’s hands, just saying you might want to reset expectations.  If anything I’d bet on the mutants.

AF #15 , at least in lower grades seems to be heading upwards again - a 2.5 sold for $19,000

I wonder if the interest in Miles Morales has rekindled enthusiasm for the 'real' Spider-man - albeit at a tangent.