• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WHAT IF ...? ANIMATED SERIES (2021)
5 5

424 posts in this topic

Wonder if they'd try to do her size increase in any live action version.  Skinny Steve went from 5' 5" 130 pounds to 6' 2" 190 in First Avenger, and it looked in the cartoon like Peggy went through a similar size increase.

I imagine they wouldn't even try that, too much CGI.  (shrug)

On 8/11/2021 at 4:51 PM, Bosco685 said:

What_If_Cast.jpg.cdf64d861743fab9ef58f40ae5a2909c.jpg

Errr...several of the voice actors from this episode aren't there including Josh Keaton (skinny Steve), Ross Marquand (Red Skull), and Darrell Hammond.  ???  If that list doesn't include two of the three biggest characters in this episode it can't be close to complete for the whole series...

Edited by fantastic_four

On 8/11/2021 at 3:07 PM, HighVoltage said:

I look at this list, and my favorite name on here is Clancy Brown.
Love all his voice acting.

And the first Highlander film.

On 8/11/2021 at 8:44 PM, piper said:

8/10

I would agree.

Spoiler

One small criticism: I did feel I had seen it before.

It is a revision of The First Avenger adding elements of the first Hellboy film (the giant tentacle thing)

On 8/11/2021 at 8:53 PM, Artboy99 said:

Steve Rogers was 6'2" 240 lbs, those are the stats posted in the Smithsonian.

steveR.jpg

Wow, I was giving the stats of the 6' 0" Evans with his 2-inch lifts who is usually between 190 and 200 in the films.  I guess Cap's muscles are more dense so he weighs a lot more.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 8/12/2021 at 6:52 PM, fastballspecial said:

might want to fix your bio just saying its HUGE

I will need admin help, and I thank you for asking. I deleted all those images and they still show up. I am at a loss...

On 8/13/2021 at 6:30 AM, bentbryan said:

Not in the animation department they haven’t. DC has been killing it for quite some time. 

Unfortunately, there are those that the bulk of what they know is Marvel on here. So when the MCU finally delivers a given property a certain way, their reaction is, "Finally a studio represents comic book characters accurately!"

DCAU_Hits.thumb.PNG.4188ff4292c63619c11c9caa35d027ce.PNG

Even going back to 1941 with an Oscar-nominated first-ever Animated Short. And what about Spider-Verse as a Marvel animated amazing experience?

spiderverse-sea.thumb.jpg.2d785bef934172721a13bf8d0c7f06b9.jpg

Go comic book films and TV shows! :applause:

Edited by Bosco685

On 8/13/2021 at 6:30 AM, bentbryan said:

Not in the animation department they haven’t. DC has been killing it for quite some time. 

Yeah, DC destroys Marvel in animations more than the MCU kills Worlds of DC in live-action.

Most of my friends consider DCAU "the ultimate alternative to reading comic books".

On 8/13/2021 at 6:42 AM, Bosco685 said:

Unfortunately, there are those that the bulk of what they know is Marvel on here. So when the MCU finally delivers a given property a certain way, their reaction is, "Finally a studio represents comic book characters accurately!"

DCAU_Hits.thumb.PNG.4188ff4292c63619c11c9caa35d027ce.PNG

Even going back to 1941 with an Oscar-nominated first-ever Animated Short. And what about Spider-Verse as a Marvel animated amazing experience?

spiderverse-sea.thumb.jpg.2d785bef934172721a13bf8d0c7f06b9.jpg

Go comic book films and TV shows! :applause:

I love the DCAU, but it would be wrong not to call out that the recent movies haven’t been near the quality I’ve grown to expect.

On 8/13/2021 at 10:54 AM, piper said:

I love the DCAU, but it would be wrong not to call out that the recent movies haven’t been near the quality I’ve grown to expect.

Since the 2016 run of DC-based animated movies the ones I had issues with were:

• Batman: The Killing Joke - Why mess with storytelling perfection?
  • Batman and Harley Quinn - She's just not high on my favorite DC character list
  • Batman: Gotham By Gaslight - Leave the ending alone and strop trying to refresh these classics!
  • Batman: Death In The Family - I enjoyed the interactive story but it is only the bluray you get to do this

DCAU_Modern.thumb.PNG.59fc259ed3eed3610e3cff7f64b34963.PNG

The rest have actually been very entertaining. I finished up the Long Halloween two weeks ago and had a great time with them. But it would also be wrong to assume everything must be a home run or we call it a bust, right?