• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

it's safe to assume that we will see Agatha again when Wanda realizes she needs help

the question is whether that means Dr Strange 2 or Wandavision Dos (Telenovelas!)

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I wanted to understand Heywards motivation for being so determined to destroy Wanda etc. What was the point for him violating so many things, in the name of what?

He also tried to kill two kids

FF's point is that the kids were not "real", but he did plenty of other bad stuff

5 minutes ago, the blob said:

But she hasn't given up on her kids. Witch wanda, whether doing this unconsciously, in the astral plane, or intentionally outside her body is clearly trying to figure out how to get her kids back. Frankly, getting vision back is less hard. he is out there with all his memories intact. you just need to give him a soul/emotions ... holy krapola, MEPHISTO!

Now that my Silver Surfer #3 is slowly coming back down to Earth, I'll get it pressed/graded and sit on it until DS2 arrives. Unless Marvel really is shelving Mephisto because of China, the character is just too big to ignore. If Marvel isn't afraid of possible censorship in China, Multiverse of Madness is a logical place for Mr M to show up.

4 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I wanted to understand Heywards motivation for being so determined to destroy Wanda etc. What was the point for him violating so many things, in the name of what?

He also tried to kill two kids

regular humans who are terrified of super humans is a pretty constant theme in marvel (and DC) comics, particularly ones with world wrecking abilities. they might idolize captain america who is just really strong, etc., but the other ones...

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Now that my Silver Surfer #3 is slowly coming back down to Earth, I'll get it pressed/graded and sit on it until DS2 arrives. Unless Marvel really is shelving Mephisto because of China, the character is just too big to ignore. If Marvel isn't afraid of possible censorship in China, Multiverse of Madness is a logical place for Mr M to show up.

he might also be how Agatha gets snapped out of her trance .. there's still hope...

A B grade ending and one that should teach us from creaming our jeans too much and over speculating like many did with this show.

I am still surprised Agatha was cast as a villain. That seems odd to me still. I also liked the Quicksilver usage but found getting rid of him silly...so he was just under some spell of Agathas and they used the Fox actor for fun. Okay, fine.

The end credit scenes didn’t do much for me. We know Skrulls exist and it stands to reason Monica would be seen again. Also, the Darkhold could bring about a lot of different things in the next phase (was that the same book as the one from Agents of Shield or did they create a new version for this show?)

So...I guess ASM Annual 16, FF 94 and maybe West Cost Avengers 45 are the only true books of value now (aside from XMen 4 of course). All the others well I hope you didn’t blow ya dough. Oh and I hope mid grade SS3 fall back to the $300-400 mark because I still want one lol.

Just now, the blob said:

he might also be how Agatha gets snapped out of her trance .. there's still hope...

It seemed to me Marvel set up for Agatha to be a kind of evil funny ally for the future. Agatha says you'll need me, to which Wanda replies she'll know how to find her now.

9 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

A B grade ending and one that should teach us from creaming our jeans too much and over speculating like many did with this show.

I guess don't overthink Marvel. I remember fans did the same for Endgame with every villain from Annihilus to Kang being speculated on. But it's so much fun to overthink it all.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

anyway, i think the whole china thing can get dealt with. mephisto just gets rewritten as some super powered guy from another dimension who has been tricking humanity for 4000 years into thinking he is a fallen angel. for criminey sake, didn't Mulan have something akin to a demon?

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

anyway, i think the whole china thing can get dealt with. mephisto just gets rewritten as some super powered guy from another dimension who has been tricking humanity for 4000 years into thinking he is a fallen angel. for criminey sake, didn't Mulan have something akin to a demon?

Yeah, I think if Marvel just removes the religious aspect of the character (which Marvel Comics never really played up anyway) he could be just another powerful interdimensional Multiversal being, like a cross between Loki and Dormammu.

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yeah, don't overthink Marvel. I remember fans did the same for Endgame with every villain from Annihilus to Kang being speculated on. But it's so much fun to overthink it all.

True. It is fun. I think a lesson should come of this because I think many a fan (myself including) over speculated and thought about it. One should really just enjoy the show and for what they did, it was still awesome.

I also LOVE how Olsen and Bettany teased us along with their comments. Fantastic! Ya got us and still delivered a great show. Well done!

9 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It seemed to me Marvel set up for Agatha to be a kind of evil funny ally for the future. Agatha says you'll need me, to which Wanda replies she'll know how to find her now.

True maybe this opens the door for her to be morphed into a hero and helper which is her role. In that regard I give props to Marvel for taking her character and giving her the take they did. Also to Hahn for a great acting performance.

I’m gonna guess (and maybe this has already been guessed in recent pages) but the ending with her hearing the Twins has me wondering if she hears them in another reality and wants to try to get there with Dr strange. Or maybe tries to get there and causes a big problem that Strange has to fix.

51 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

True. It is fun. I think a lesson should come of this because I think many a fan (myself including) over speculated and thought about it. One should really just enjoy the show and for what they did, it was still awesome.

I imagine a lot of SS # 3 speculators are going to be as butt-hurt about this show as folks were about the Trevor reveal in Iron Man 3, which I still thought was *brilliant.*

Again, the main flaw with Iron Man 3 was having Killian be the primary villain - not Maya, as Black had originally written.

I've never read confirmation, but I suspect it had to do with the perception that female action figures don't sell.

11 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I imagine a lot of SS # 3 speculators are going to be as butt-hurt about this show as folks were about the Trevor reveal in Iron Man 3, which I still thought was *brilliant.*

Again, the main flaw with Iron Man 3 was having Killian be the primary villain - not Maya, as Black had originally written.

I've never read confirmation, but I suspect it had to do with the perception that female action figures don't sell.

The future of SS3 will be a very interesting one to watch in the coming months. It’s a book that was always of value because Mephisto is a great character and that run of books are also great. Some thought it was undervalued and it will be interesting to see if it plateaus, falls or dare I say continues to grow somehow.

Correct me if wrong but you get get a solid mid grade copy for $150-250 a year ago righ? I wonder if we see that again or not?