• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

so that's 2 skrull scenes in the last two Marvel projects end scenes (Spider-man, Wandavision)

I suspect the Skrulls will be the unifying character in all the movies leading up to Secret Invasion.

Edited by jsilverjanet

10 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Not sure where you got that idea of that dialogue implying destruction, as it was about the opposite. The story was to illustrate that at that moment they equally hold claim to being Vision, one is neither no more or less Vision than the other - until white Visions memories are unlocked (in which case he is now a fuller, more complete Vision as he contains both original parts and memory - unlike the other). His newfound life and realization of identity in no way gave me the impression that meant suicide time for him! :D 

Then why did he discontinue his attack on the Westview Vision?  Up until that point it was pretty clear his new SWORD programming was compelling him to destroy the Vision in front of him.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

And most probably they could trick us all and throw Evan Peters back at us as a surprise twist confirming he truly is a Multiverse Quicksilver changed to Chthon.

Chthon_(Earth-616)_from_Mighty_Avengers_Vol_1_21_0001.jpg.9ceba7223491c02b9b09a33995b4ee56.jpg

Making WandaVision even more impactful to the MCU.

Hmm maybe. I mean I was surprised Agatha was the villain of choice here so maybe Chthon is gonna be at play. I just figured for a bigger broader audience there are a good handful of villains much more recognizable than him. 

19 minutes ago, Zonker said:

Then why did he discontinue his attack on the Westview Vision?  Up until that point it was pretty clear his new SWORD programming was compelling him to destroy the Vision in front of him.

...he was still logical like 'Vision' and would be open to discourse, and once he realized they were both equally entitled to the life and identity of Vision he could no longer kill the other and was easy enough to ignore SWORD programming (as it would likewise be akin to killing yourself on some level - so maybe something like the laws of robotics self preservation coding exists here. Do not allow harm to come to Vision = I am Vision = He is Vision = Don't hurt Vision!!!).

Edited by Sauce Dog

25 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

so that's 2 skrull scenes in the last two Marvel projects end scenes (Spider-man, Wandavision)

I suspect the Skrulls will be the unifying character in all the movies leading up to Secret Invasion.

Skrulls have now been the good guys in three MCU films/shows. It might be safe to say that Skrulls are not going to be the evil Invaders in the Secret Invasion Disney+ show. I'm going to theorize that the Invaders will be some form of the Dire Wraiths but not called that because Hasbro owns that name.

7 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Skrulls have now been the good guys in three MCU films/shows. It might be safe to say that Skrulls are not going to be the evil Invaders in the Secret Invasion Disney+ show. I'm going to theorize that the Invaders will be some form of the Dire Wraiths but not called that because Hasbro owns that name.

I meant more like how Thanos was the ongoing end credit scene for the movies in the past.

I am not convinced about the Skrulls being the good guys. Maybe Talos is, but I have no proof the rest of the Skrulls in the galaxy are on the same page

6 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I meant more like how Thanos was the ongoing end credit scene for the movies in the past.

I am not convinced about the Skrulls being the good guys. Maybe Talos is, but I have no proof the rest of the Skrulls in the galaxy are on the same page

For me, the door may have been open for rogue Skrulls at the end of Captain Marvel, but when I saw Nick Fury onboard a giant space ship manned by a huge crew of Skrulls at the end of Far From Home, that to me says that the mainstream thought of Skrulls is an alliance with Nick Fury. And if there are rogue Skrulls, they can't be large enough to warrant an "Invasion." And in the larger MCU storytelling sense, it would be very confusing to twist Skrulls as good and then twist them back again to be evil and vice versa. If Marvel wants to expand its cosmos, it's better storytelling to make Secret Invasion about a different alien invader rather than stick to a now dated story written by Brian Michael Bendis. Over the course of Marvel Comics history, there have been many alien invasions and the Dire Wraiths were among the most insidious.

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

You forget the “secret” part of the invasion

what made the invasion secret in the storyline was that it was hidden. Only race I know that can hide in plain sight is the skrulls 

Absolutely. Invasions make sense, but the "Secret" part necessitates the invasion by Skrulls. And we already know they're involved. Maybe all of this "Skrulls are the good guys" nonsense is their game while they slowly replace all of the people they need to replace. (I haven't seen Far From Home yet, so I don't know if that idea makes sense in respect to what was shown there."

5 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Absolutely. Invasions make sense, but the "Secret" part necessitates the invasion by Skrulls. And we already know they're involved. Maybe all of this "Skrulls are the good guys" nonsense is their game while they slowly replace all of the people they need to replace. (I haven't seen Far From Home yet, so I don't know if that idea makes sense in respect to what was shown there."

I agree. We’ve only see one side of the story - “someone wants to meet you etc” but we don’t know what’s really going on here. 

21 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

You forget the “secret” part of the invasion

what made the invasion secret in the storyline was that it was hidden. Only race I know that can hide in plain sight is the skrulls 

I mentioned above the Dire Wraiths who spent the 80’s and 90’s trying to secretly take over the Earth by shape shifting into humans.

5F263F82-549D-4E11-8DA1-8BB512B10D4F.thumb.jpeg.e2aea9a110d686b8400c902797d1abc6.jpeg

Silver Surfer Vol. 3, #5.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

7 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I mentioned above the Dire Wraiths who spent the 80’s and 90’s trying to secretly take over the Earth by shape shifting into humans.

5F263F82-549D-4E11-8DA1-8BB512B10D4F.thumb.jpeg.e2aea9a110d686b8400c902797d1abc6.jpeg

Silver Surfer 3#
Silver Surfer #3

MEPHISTO IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS!

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

Typing up notes as I watch the finale...

• 'Hero' fights 'villain' with the exact same power set? Check. Double-check.
  • Villain exposition instead of hero discovery? Check. Double-check.
  • Beam in the sky? Check.
  • How/why is Hayward a villain? He's the Director of SWORD, right? Isn't this entire situation under his purview? Wanda's actions deserve consequences.
  • CGI battle was hideous.
  • Not really sure WTF is happening.
  • Exposition during fight is cringe.
  • Everyone just stands there watching lol.
  • Scarlet Witch costume is cool.
  • Where is Albino Vision?
  • If "The Hex" is gone, isn't Agatha free?

The acting/dialogue was really bad in this episode.

Some of these are fair points, even as I think the series got progressively better, especially with episodes 7-9, culminating with 9 being the best episode of the series.

That said, of your points, I most agree with and was annoyed by:

• How/why Hayward is a villain - they could have cleared this up (esp. his motivations re. killing Wanda and the twins) with 30 seconds' more dialogue.
  • CGI Battle - specifically Vision v. Vision in the sky - it was so laughably bad it took me out of the moment.
  • Where is Albino Vision - conversation already touched on this above, but my take is he went off somewhere else, but can be held in reserve for future MCU movies as a surprise reinforcement / Deus Ex Machina -- my read on the Ship of Theseus convo is yes - they are both equally "Vision," so the MCU now has two (good) Visions from which to draw (sort of Iron Man / War Machine-style or two Captain Marvel (Carol and Monica)-style)
  • If "The Hex" is gone, isn't Agatha free? - This *really* annoyed me. Like 5 minutes after Wanda says "you'll live in here forever," Hex Westview ceases to exist. Huh? WTF?

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

This didn't age well. lol

Huh? Action, fighting, blah blah. what we see in marvel movies. Many of us were disappointed it didn't link to other MCU stuff. As noted, if fakePietro is, just in fact, a guy named ralph from that town, they have wasted a big opportunity to come up with a multiverse explanation for bringing the x-men in. I'm fine with dottie being a red herring. she is from a really obscure part of the marvel universe anyway. i had never heard of her before all of this. as for mephisto or dormanu or cthaon being a baddie, none of that was foreclosed by any of this.

56 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Yeah, I noticed that too!

image.thumb.png.6dabebad93833db888803541eae4397a.png

What do you think it connects to?

Ha! Certainly not to fanny pack belt buckles. Might not mean anything, other than aesthetic. Could be connected to some sort of Scarlet Witch origin (an order of some sort)? Magneto? And yes, when in doubt, just say Mephisto.