• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

Then who is Herb, and who genetically altered wide swaths of people in Sokovia?  And why have they dropped at MINIMUM a dozen hints at High Evolutionary?  I think we're up closer to two dozen now; I'll try to dig up the lists being compiled of all the hints later.  Usually Marvel easter eggs that go nowhere are shown once and then never referenced again, but they are REPEATEDLY referencing High Evolutionary.

HYDRA did the Sokovian altering, and Herb is a resident of Westview, complete with a driver's license. Like I said, High Evolutionary makes sense for Guardians 3, since he created Rocket and Gunn has said Guardians 3 will be focused on Rocket.

5 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

HYDRA did the Sokovian altering

That's only half of what Shuri says in the Wakanda Files.  She says that HYDRA had reason to believe that Sokovians had advanced genetic potential, and that's why HYDRA chose to experiment on them with the Mind stone leading to Wanda and Pietro's mutation.  The unrevealed element is why Sokovians were more evolved than the average human.

Feige tends to stick with the comics when it makes sense, and since it's High Evolutionary who mutated Wanda and Pietro in the comics, I can't see why Feige wouldn't have him do it here as well.  Hence all of the references to him in Wandavision.

6 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Herb is a resident of Westview, complete with a driver's license.

But unlike the other residents he's not being mind-controlled, which we found out in episode 3 when he almost told Vision what was happening in Westview before Agatha Harkness told him to be quiet.

Him having the New Jersey driver's license is why my current guess is he's Woo's witness, but I'm missing so many pieces in that puzzle I'm not at all sure he's the witness.  I can speculate, but I haven't seen evidence actually in the show to support it.

Edited by fantastic_four

I dunno I just think High Evolutionary is a letdown. I have zero interest in him. That doesn’t mean I’m not horribly wrong and that is Marvels focus, I’m just saying I won’t be impressed. I’m more impressed if they try to mislead and then pull something great on us. But a reveal of HE would just make me go meh.

5 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

But unlike the other residents he's not being mind-controlled, which we found out in episode 3 when he almost told Vision what was happening in Westview before Agatha Harkness told him to be quiet.

I mean the argument sure is there for HE. He also hasn’t been seen since that episode. But why is he there? Is he a third force trying to help Wanda while Mephisto/Agatha are there for their own reasons AND Hayward is involved for his own reasons? Seems like a lot but could be.

Could also just have been a moment of lapse in this reality that’s been created and maybe Herb is a real person who had a moment where he could think for himself and tried to warn Vision but Agatha fixed him and put him back under a spell or whatever.

1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

Could also just have been a moment of lapse in this reality that’s been created and maybe Herb is a real person who had a moment where he could think for himself and tried to warn Vision but Agatha fixed him and put him back under a spell or whatever.

That's a possibility, but there were several examples in that scene where they were both aware that they both knew the real truth of Westview.  Shared glances as Vision said things were an example, but the big one is that when the scene started, Agnes was leaning over and speaking quietly to Herb, and when Vision approached them both she quickly stopped that conversation and put on her usual exaggerated Wandavision sitcom voice for Vision.

1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

dunno I just think High Evolutionary is a letdown. I have zero interest in him.

I felt the same way when Bosco posted that article last week listing all of the High Evolutionary clues in the show so far, but I had never read any comics with him in at the time and really knew nothing about the character.  I then went and looked up his skillset, powers, and history, and now I can't figure out how this guy hasn't been more prominently used.  I guess he was, just nowhere I had stumbled across.  I was already a big fan of Mr. Sinister and his genetic experiments, so Marvel weaving HE's origin as having been inspired by Sinister in the early 20th century immediately turned me on to him and how he differed from Sinister.  I also didn't realize until a few days ago that Stan Lee's origin for Wanda and Pietro from 1966 had High Evolutionary's rapid evolution experiments leading to their powers and that the 1979 introduction of Magneto as their father was a ret-con.  Now I'm absolutely fascinated with HE, and I see why Feige would pull him in as a catalyst for mutants entering the MCU.

Edited by fantastic_four

14 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

That's a possibility, but there were several examples in that scene where they were both aware that they both knew the real truth of Westview.  Shared glances as Vision said things were an example, but the big one is that when the scene started, Agnes was leaning over and speaking quietly to Herb, and when Vision approached them both she quickly stopped that conversation and put on her usual exaggerated Wandavision sitcom voice for Vision.

I felt the same way when Bosco posted that article last week listing all of the High Evolutionary clues in the show so far, but I had never read any comics with him in at the time and really knew nothing about the character.  I then went and looked up his skillset, powers, and history, and now I can't figure out how this guy hasn't been more prominently used.  I guess he was, just nowhere I had stumbled across.  I was already a big fan of Mr. Sinister and his genetic experiments, so Marvel weaving HE's origin as having been inspired by Sinister in the early 20th century immediately turned me on to him and how he differed from Sinister.  I also didn't realize until a few days ago that Stan Lee's origin for Wanda and Pietro from 1966 had High Evolutionary's rapid evolution experiments leading to their powers and that the 1979 introduction of Magneto as their father was a ret-con.  Now I'm absolutely fascinated with HE, and I see why Feige would pull him in as a catalyst for mutants entering the MCU.

:banana:

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

This is a fantastic breakdown

Who is Dottie?

i think the director is Mephisto

This guy made some of the same points I've been saying so I agree. It must be "for the children." I missed the Charles Darwin Origin of Species tie to Evolution though and that each commercial represented a different tragedy in Wanda's life. A reference to the battle in Wakanda next?

Darcy is a big fan of "the show" being broadcast and noticed the commercial last episode as well. She will be our ticket to finding out who else is involved as she clearly understood it to be odd and not from Wanda like "the show" seems to be.

This photo of baby Wanda with an apple makes me wonder if WandaVision isn’t also referencing the story of  Genesis from the Bible, where Eve ate fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Could Westview be her own Garden of Eden where she lives with her own version of Adam, the Vision, and two sons? Like the above video says, Vision’s origin is a little like Frankenstein’s monster who refers to himself as Adam in the novel. The knowledge of good and evil could be knowledge of the real world outside Westview or Wanda’s ability to create children without a biological father. And in the Garden of Eden, the Devil was the one offering the temptation of knowledge. Or Mephisto.

Just a theory

.77024BE8-7CA9-40D2-8497-901FF67246B0.thumb.jpeg.91d4bd0f06e23f897a6a5b0f2fab1d3c.jpeg

Edited by @therealsilvermane

By the way, I love Even Peters' Quicksilver from the Fox Movies (who doesn't) and I kind of hope it's really him (in a way), as in he's a genuine Pietro from the Multiverse and not some trick by Mephisto or other villain. Wanda says earlier in the episode that she can't bring back the dead, like Sparky, which means she can't resurrect the Aaron Taylor Johnson Pietro (thank God) but can bring the Fox Pietro in. I did notice the breach alert was ringing when Pietro knocks on the WandaVision household front door, so he did come from outside Westview.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

This photo of baby Wanda with an apple makes me wonder if WandaVision isn’t also referencing the story of  Genesis from the Bible, where Eve ate fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Could Westview be her own Garden of Eden where she lives with her own version of Adam, the Vision, and two sons? Like the above video says, Vision’s origin is a little like Frankenstein’s monster who refers to himself as Adam in the novel. The knowledge of good and evil could be knowledge of the real world outside Westview or Wanda’s ability to create children without a biological father. And in the Garden of Eden, the Devil was the one offering the temptation of knowledge. Or Mephisto.

Just a theory

.77024BE8-7CA9-40D2-8497-901FF67246B0.thumb.jpeg.91d4bd0f06e23f897a6a5b0f2fab1d3c.jpeg

Seems like that may be diving a little too deep I dont think the baby pictures allude to anything I think that's a genuine baby photo of Elizabeth Olsen she looks just like her sisters did in Full House lol

And I’m back not liking the show.  It is interesting but it’s mostly just falling flat.  My wife likes it so I’m sure we will continue to watch it but I’m actually more excited about Snowpiercer episodes.

Okay.... so I will ask... and I will readily admit that I am too lazy to go back a few pages to see if this is asked so... if it has... forgive me...

When her x-rays don’t show up and the blood sample is a little off... is that because of being in the Wanda-verse or is that a side effect from being blipped - or is she a skrull or is it because she is going to become Ms Marvel?

Edited by Buzzetta

10 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Okay.... so I will ask... and I will readily admit that I am too lazy to go back a few pages to see if this is asked so... if it has... forgive me...

When her x-rays don’t show up and the blood sample is a little off... is that because of being in the Wanda-verse or is that a side effect from being blipped - or is she a skrull or is it because she is going to become Ms Marvel?

I think it has more to do with Wanda ejecting her from the bubble than anything. I suspect being subjected to the rapid onslaught of cosmic microwave background radiation Darcy was talking about is what's going to give her her super powers (and what borked her x ray and medical tests) since she has energy based powers when she's Captain Marvel/Photon/Spectrum in the comics.

2 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:
19 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I think it has more to do with Wanda ejecting her from the bubble than anything. I suspect being subjected to the rapid onslaught of cosmic microwave background radiation Darcy was talking about is what's going to give her her super powers (and what borked her x ray and medical tests) since she has energy based powers when she's Captain Marvel/Photon/Spectrum in the comics.

That's what I thought when the x-ray came back white, but when she explicitly declined to do another one that was an indication that she already knew why the x-ray was screwed.  The easiest explanation for why she passingly refused another scan is because she knew why the first didn't work.

photon1.jpg