• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

During the intro, Vision (Paul Bettany) is sitting on a golden chair holding the twins. If you look close enough, you'll see each armrest appears to bear the likeness of a tiger. Then there's Agnes' (Kathryn Hahn) line about Ralph trying to "tame the tiger." To complete the hat trick, the Vision residence even has a tiger statue on their dinner table, visible in the scene where Billy and Tommy are cleaning Sparky in the kitchen sink.

Longtime fans of the Sorcerer Supreme will know Hoggoth also happens to take on the appearance of the tiger, even though he's a massive cosmic entity, on the same level as the Living Tribunal or the Beyonder. Hoggoth also happens to be a member of the Vishanti alongside Oshtur and Agamotto, the latter already having an Easter egg in the MCU via the Time Stone-holding Eye of Agamotto.

We already know that WandaVision leads directly into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, and since Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) continues to experiment with her magic-based powers, it's only fitting to start involving more characters involved on the mystical side of things.

On 2/5/2021 at 12:44 PM, the blob said:

SHIELD is happening in the world with the movies. It is referencing events in the movies. It has multiple characters in the movies and the show played by the same actors. Lady Sif, played by the same actrerss as in the Thor movies, shows up on earth and hangs out with Coulson while dealing with some undercover Kree! They are watching the events of Age of Ultron on TV while it is happening! ... at least through season 3 it seems pretty apparent that they are a sideshow to the movies...don't spoil the rest for me if that disconnects!!! (OK, I will admit that SHIELD does deviate from the movies a little at this point because Nick Fury is not out and about on the show, while he is in the movies)  I know, the Netflix world is different, maybe, though they also refer to the events in the movies, so, while not cannon per se, the Netflix shows exist in a world where all the events of Avengers 1 occurred at the very least and we have a Spiderman swinging around the city. And, frankly, nothing really happened in them that has any impact on any of the Marvel movies timelines or plots. Hellcat is sent to the Raft at the end of Jessica Jones, which does seem to imply some connection to the MCU as well.

update: ok, sorry, i see others pointed this out

Yeah, Marvel TV took some cues from the MCU (probably to stay relevant to audiences), but they're not intertwined.

Coulson being alive post-Avengers is a sin. I'm glad that those shows mean nothing to the MCU.

On 2/6/2021 at 6:44 AM, TupennyConan said:

I didn't notice Vision's body was disassembled. Can we see that screen cap? 

I think this will be the first episode I'll need to watch again.

Fortunately, I wasn't aware of Evan Peters showing-up. 

It was really neat but also terrible because I suppose it means we are going to have all the same X-Men actors.

By that I mean Hugh Jackman. Can we have a new Wolverine, already? Sheesh. 

Jackman has said a zillion times he is done with wolverine. 

I was thinking back to earlier episode that Dottie's roses bloom under penalty of death. That made me think of the the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland and her roses which made me think what if Dottie is herself not just the "queen" of Westview society but another queen, like the White Queen? What if Dottie is Emma Frost? I saw this theory on a few reddit boards so it's out there. Just another theory to throw in the pile. I still think it's too soon for Marvel to start piling in mutants now, though I do hope Evan Peters is here to stay even though I fear he is not.

18 hours ago, 1Cool said:

And I’m back not liking the show.  It is interesting but it’s mostly just falling flat.  My wife likes it so I’m sure we will continue to watch it but I’m actually more excited about Snowpiercer episodes.

You might be the only one dude!

36 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I was thinking back to earlier episode that Dottie's roses bloom under penalty of death. That made me think of the the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland and her roses which made me think what if Dottie is herself not just the "queen" of Westview society but another queen, like the White Queen? What if Dottie is Emma Frost? I saw this theory on a few reddit boards so it's out there. Just another theory to throw in the pile. I still think it's too soon for Marvel to start piling in mutants now, though I do hope Evan Peters is here to stay even though I fear he is not.

Dottie not hot enough to be Emma frost

5 minutes ago, the blob said:

You might be the only one dude!

I mean by the last episode. A lot of folks were not down with the early episodes. But in other fora most of the people who kept watching got on board. I wonder if there was a drop off in viewership?

17 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

That's what I thought when the x-ray came back white, but when she explicitly declined to do another one that was an indication that she already knew why the x-ray was screwed.  The easiest explanation for why she passingly refused another scan is because she knew why the first didn't work.

photon1.jpg

Wanda super powering everyone she gets mad at doesn't make sense. Maria was near the tesseract, maybe she touched it, blood transfusion to Monica after a childhood accident. The exposure gives Maria cancer in the long run, but powers monica?

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

Wanda super powering everyone she gets mad at doesn't make sense. Maria was near the tesseract, maybe she touched it, blood transfusion to Monica after a childhood accident. The exposure gives Maria cancer in the long run, but powers monica?

Maybe it's the difference between direct & indirect exposure? It could be that Wanda channels her powers from the mind stone itself & while direct contact will be fatal, indirect contact made the energy sustainable by not overheating her nervous system.

I just learned of a potential spoiler from episode 6 or 7 from the toy world.  It's a minor spoiler that's really just a hint that something will happen in one of those two episodes, and it's completely unconfirmed, but I'll put it in spoiler tags anyway:

Spoiler

Hasbro is releasing a set of eight action figures to go with the 2021 Disney Plus shows, but they haven't officially announced it yet.  The expected release date for the set (Hasbro calls these sets "waves") told to retailers is April 2021.  The figures that have leaked from the wave so far based upon solid information are US Agent, Baron Zemo, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, Vision, Loki, and Captain America.  We don't know what version of Captain America it will be, although my guess is it will be Falcon in a Cap suit.

The eighth figure that's unknown isn't sold by itself so it doesn't have a product listing released to retailers; retailer info is where the list of seven characters I gave above came from.  Hasbro has a gimmick they use called "Build-A-Figure" where parts for one figure that's usually larger than regular figures are included with all of the figures in the wave.  So the odds are that there's a character who is larger than the seven I listed above that's unknown, and the fact that they haven't announced what's in the wave this close to release suggests there's probably something in the wave that's a spoiler for the shows.

Here's the new info I heard today that might be a spoiler.  I'm embedding this one in a second set of spoiler tags:

Spoiler

Hasbro is expected to reveal the wave next Friday, February 19th.  My guess has always been that the larger build-a-figure for this wave would be the big bad of Wandavision, and I expect that's Mephisto.  And since I think we just saw Mephisto walk on-screen in the form of Evan Peters in the last episode, then the odds are high we will see him in his true appearance in either episodes 6 or 7, which allows Hasbro to finally reveal their Mephisto figure on February 19th.

14 minutes ago, the blob said:

In the comics, Monica Rambeau gets her powers from inter-dimensional energy, or energy from the Multiverse.

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

I just learned of a potential spoiler from episode 6 or 7 from the toy world.  It's a minor spoiler that's really just a hint that something will happen in one of those two episodes, and it's completely unconfirmed, but I'll put it in spoiler tags anyway:

Reveal hidden contents

Hasbro is releasing a set of eight action figures to go with the 2021 Disney Plus shows, but they haven't officially announced it yet.  The expected release date for the set (Hasbro calls these sets "waves") told to retailers is April 2021.  The figures that have leaked from the wave so far based upon solid information are US Agent, Baron Zemo, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, Vision, Loki, and Captain America.  We don't know what version of Captain America it will be, although my guess is it will be Falcon in a Cap suit.

The eighth figure that's unknown isn't sold by itself so it doesn't have a product listing released to retailers; retailer info is where the list of seven characters I gave above came from.  Hasbro has a gimmick they use called "Build-A-Figure" where parts for one figure that's usually larger than regular figures are included with all of the figures in the wave.  So the odds are that there's a character who is larger than the seven I listed above that's unknown, and the fact that they haven't announced what's in the wave this close to release suggests there's probably something in the wave that's a spoiler for the shows.

Here's the new info I heard today that might be a spoiler.  I'm embedding this one in a second set of spoiler tags:

Reveal hidden contents

Hasbro is expected to reveal the wave next Friday, February 19th.  My guess has always been that the larger build-a-figure for this wave would be the big bad of Wandavision, and I expect that's Mephisto.  And since I think we just saw Mephisto walk on-screen in the form of Evan Peters in the last episode, then the odds are high we will see him in his true appearance in either episodes 6 or 7, which allows Hasbro to finally reveal their Mephisto figure on February 19th.

I'm so tempted to reveal hidden contents  :pullhair:

19 minutes ago, the blob said:
17 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

That's what I thought when the x-ray came back white, but when she explicitly declined to do another one that was an indication that she already knew why the x-ray was screwed.  The easiest explanation for why she passingly refused another scan is because she knew why the first didn't work.

photon1.jpg

Expand  

Were you suggesting I thought she got her powers from Wanda?  Because I absolutely don't.  If she got powers from Wanda we haven't seen her using them yet, so we have to assume she doesn't know she has them.  But her refusing the x-ray suggests she DOES know she has them, and that means she got them before Wanda zapped her.

35 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

I'm so tempted to reveal hidden contents  :pullhair:

Well I included two levels of spoilers, and the first level doesn't contain significant spoilers, so you could expand the first and use it to decide if you want to expand the second.

I'll also say I really do not know what the spoiler is going to be beyond my own deductive reasoning, so the whole thing could be wrong.  But the source I got the info from is usually right unless it turns out the toy company gave the wrong info out, and that usually doesn't happen, so I tend to trust him.  And he could be completely right, but then my conclusions based upon his info could be wrong, so who knows.

But I'll be shocked if the source of my info is wrong and something isn't about to be revealed.  The reason I say it's a minor spoiler is that based upon the last episode I guessed this myself anyway, just not WHEN it would happen, and it's just interesting that the toy world is aligning itself around what I already assumed was coming soon anyway.

Edited by fantastic_four

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

In the comics, Monica Rambeau gets her powers from inter-dimensional energy, or energy from the Multiverse.

OK, but in TV shows and movies there has to be a reason, I'm not sure Marvel is gonna go there. But maybe, I forgot what her origin was in the comics, typical nonsense from 35+ years ago:  "Monica was introduced as the second Captain Marvel and she gained super powers after being bombarded by extradimensional energy, produced by an energy disruptor weapon." So someone zaps her and, instead of hurting her she gets super powers? OK, I guess Wanda did that to her, maybe. I assume Marvel has give up on the idea of Inhumans running around with latent genes ready to get activated (OK, if later seasons of SHIELD deal with all of that don't spoil it), so in the current MCU you either get your powers through tech, genetic engineering, being an alien/born a demi god, infinity stones, magic  ... oh forget it, we'll find out what her deal is within the next month! For the sake of my 10 copies of Spiderman Annual 16 I hope it is good!