• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Yeah well when those guys each have 10000 plus followers and they come up with some info (legit or completely just their own thoughts), you don't think even a small fraction like 1% of viewers dont go out and impulse buy? That is 100 people which will surely make it look like a book is "moving on ebay" as they say. 

You’re missing the point because you are fixed on the motivation for information 

the logic they are using is as valid as the ones being speculated on this thread (mephisto) 

furthermore I’d argue that marvel hasn’t used major villains in their movies or shows so the idea that a smaller villain might be at play makes sense

I brought the information here as someone else mind find it useful since it hasn’t been brought up before 

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

If you check the timeline of books sold on eBay you will notice that there is quite a strong buying of certain books leading up to a public announcement.  

Certain books that were stagnant started to sell, all of a sudden, a few days before a massive announcement (like the Disney drop).  There will be a frenzy afterward to pick up remaining copies but I noticed this with a couple of things. 

I know a guy who knew about Ultron being the villain in the second Avengers movie at least 8 months prior, as he had been tipped off by someone who worked at Marvel.  Of course, instead of buying CGC 9.4 and up of Avengers 55, he concentrated on raw books that didn't grade as high so his profit ceiling wasn't maximized. 

8 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I saw it with some of my Star Wars books before the last set of shows was announced 

I can’t prove that how they got the info but books started selling that had sat for a long time 

I was going to say Rogue Squadron was an example.  That was probably leaked by someone.  When I went to look I noticed that all the stuff you would instantly think of sold out almost a day to a week before on the sites I look at.   

I went with Star Wars 5 (1st Wedge) and picked those up in bulk before people caught on.

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I was going to say Rogue Squadron was an example.  That was probably leaked by someone.  When I went to look I noticed that all the stuff you would instantly think of sold out almost a day to a week before on the sites I look at.   

I went with Star Wars 5 (1st Wedge) and picked those up in bulk before people caught on.

I sold a set of Droids a week before the announcement 

it has been up for months 

11 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

You’re missing the point because you are fixed on the motivation for information 

the logic they are using is as valid as the ones being speculated on this thread (mephisto) 

furthermore I’d argue that marvel hasn’t used major villains in their movies or shows so the idea that a smaller villain might be at play makes sense

I brought the information here as someone else mind find it useful since it hasn’t been brought up before 

I apologize, I wrongfully assumed your motivation. I do think it is a very deep and well thought theory by those people. Extremely sensible and connects dots well (which I seem to be having difficulties with today lol).

My point is this..

A couple guys, each with a relatively large number of followers online, pitch the Chthon theory. Prior to Feb 6th, Avengers 186 had sold somewhat, in its typical $5-10 range as it is a fun arc for collectors, and there was the ocassional $15-20 sale for nicer copies.

However, since their life stream went up on Feb. 6, there have been 50+ sales (and counting) of Avengers #186. You cannot tell me that they had zero affect on that. Maybe their intentions were for it not to happen but it has (to the point where someone paid $150 for a raw copy!?!?!). I don't know if it is a combo of clueless buyers/collectors, I don't know if it is people thinking they need to have it or FOMO or whatever, and I don't know if these four guys are quietly selling copies that they had for $60-100 now because they can. And I don't know their motivations. But the fact that they used Youtube to share that theory to tens of thousands of followers vs here where hey maybe some like it, maybe some don't.....it has me curious is all. 

Edited by comicginger1789

16 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Avengers 186 was destined to go up after Gamestop stock buyers ran out of things to spend money on.  :insane:

That little run is so worth reading. Byrne's Avengers #164-166 and #181-191 are in my collection for a reason.

57 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

My point is this..

A couple guys, each with a relatively large number of followers online, pitch the Chthon theory. Prior to Feb 6th, Avengers 186 had sold somewhat, in its typical $5-10 range as it is a fun arc for collectors, and there was the ocassional $15-20 sale for nicer copies.

However, since their life stream went up on Feb. 6, there have been 50+ sales (and counting) of Avengers #186. You cannot tell me that they had zero affect on that. Maybe their intentions were for it not to happen but it has (to the point where someone paid $150 for a raw copy!?!?!). I don't know if it is a combo of clueless buyers/collectors, I don't know if it is people thinking they need to have it or FOMO or whatever, and I don't know if these four guys are quietly selling copies that they had for $60-100 now because they can. And I don't know their motivations. But the fact that they used Youtube to share that theory to tens of thousands of followers vs here where hey maybe some like it, maybe some don't.....it has me curious is all. 

:facepalm:

again

focus on the theory not what has happened with that info, where the info came, what motivated the info to be share, what people are now doing

Is it possible that ChThon is the villian?

is it as plausible as Mephisto?

you're dismissing the theory because of the "perceived" source.

I saw this book was selling for more than it was, I did some research and found some were suggesting it was the villian

when I read the theory behind it, it seemed as plausible than some of the theories here regarding mephisto (and we know no one here pushing that theory has any stake in Silver Surfer 3 :wink:)

Edited by jsilverjanet

8 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

:facepalm:

again

focus on the theory not what has happened with that info, where the info came, what motivated the info to be share, what people are now doing

Is it possible that ChThon is the villian?

is it as plausible as Mephisto?

you're dismissing the theory because of the "perceived" source.

I saw this book was selling for more than it was, I did some research and found some were suggesting it was the villian

when I read the theory behind it, it seemed as plausible than some of the theories here regarding mephisto (and we know no one here pushing that theory has any stake in Silver Surfer 3 :wink:)

I agree it is a plausible theory and makes some sense but it’s a deep dive. I was simply acknowledging that I believe it had an effect on the market, whether intentional or not, and that has me curious.

As someone who has these issues, maybe I should rejoice and just sell them for this insane amount but I more so feel for someone trying to get into Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver history and now they have to pay $40-50 for that issue because everyone is now listing it as “1st Chthon” like it matters.....

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

That little run is so worth reading. Byrne's Avengers #164-166 and #181-191 are in my collection for a reason.

I'll add them to my reading list.

The entire Avengers run from Englehart to about issue 200 has some fantastic stories.  Still not too sure about Celestial Madonna or that weird Ms. Marvel story where she becomes pregnant, but otherwise it's incredibly good.

1 hour ago, piper said:

I'll add them to my reading list.

The entire Avengers run from Englehart to about issue 200 has some fantastic stories.  Still not too sure about Celestial Madonna or that weird Ms. Marvel story where she becomes pregnant, but otherwise it's incredibly good.

Becomes pregnant is putting it mildly.

I loved the majority of issues between 100 - 200.

1 minute ago, Comicopolis said:

Becomes pregnant is putting it mildly.

I loved the majority of issues between 100 - 200.

Honestly, I wasn't sure how to describe it.  The whole story was in such poor taste even back then.

Just now, piper said:

Honestly, I wasn't sure how to describe it.  The whole story was in such poor taste even back then.

Indeed. It's fairly notorious now. I've tried to forget who wrote it.