• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, mr_highgrade said:

Darcy told Monica that the energy inside the Hex has re-written her cells on a molecular level twice. I wonder what long term effect that will have on the people trapped inside? Will they become Mutants? hm

That's a thread I don't fully get either.  At first I thought it meant you either couldn't go back inside, or that if you do, you might be altered into something unpredictably bizarre.  Not quite sure what they were going for there, but if someone has an idea, please do share.  :wishluck:

I'm re-watching Age of Ultron today.  I now know why they recommended that one instead of Vision's death in Infinity War...there's a LOT of content in there not explained at the time, and I can't piece it together even knowing what I do now without jumping to some conclusions I'm not comfortable jumping to (FAR less so than jumping to the idea that Pietro is Mephisto).  Feige (or a writer he hired) obviously had some ideas with Pietro and Wanda in that one he planned to either reveal to fruition (or not, since they were so subtle he could choose to abandon them if he wanted to) that I get now why that's the recommended next-watch at the end of Wandavision.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Just reflected on something.

So the first 5 episodes the only kids were Wanda's once they were born. Now in Episode 6 we are loaded with them now. Where were all these children? hm

Dunno either.  But someone explicitly point this out in the episode, didn't they?  I identified it as important, but didn't figure out why.  (shrug)

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

When I got there for the shoot, some of the other extras (who had been there for many nights of shooting) explained to me that the "Bubble" had just expanded and now the SWORD complex was within the bubble.

I of course knew nothing about what they were talking about, but thought it sounded cool.  And now I understand after watching this episode, what happened.

Apparently, the night before my shoot is when they filmed Wanda walking outside the barrier to confront the SWORD agents.  The extras who played soldiers were still buzzing about that as we filmed the Circus scenes.

Now I know why my scenes had Darcy in them (I was really confused by that at the time of shooting)

I wish I could share more....... but not until next week.

That's so cool! (thumbsu

Sooooooo.... ya' pick up any comics lately you think might become hot soon? :grin:

13 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Dunno either.  But someone explicitly point this out in the episode, didn't they?  I identified it as important, but didn't figure out why.  (shrug)

Pietro explicitly asks Wanda the question, along the lines of, where have you been keeping all these children?

I haven't been sold on Mephisto being involved, but this episode did feel a little more like him. I think he makes a whole lot more sense than HE, anyway. 

A couple spoiler notes I guess:

Spoiler

Quicksilver asking Wanda how she did it was a very interesting scene, especially since neither we nor Wanda know who Pietro is or why he is there. It felt to me like one of two things was happening here. Either:

a) someone is using this "Quicksilver" to try and learn the source of Wanda's new powers; or

b) someone (possibly Wanda's own subconscious) is trying to warn or remind Wanda - to wake her up - by forcing her to recognize that something has gone wrong

It just struck me as a pivotal moment, but also one that doesn't make any sense if Quicksilver is a construct of Mephisto or some other evil entity who gave Wanda these powers. 

I'm leaning towards A, because Pietro seemed a bit antagonistic and needling at times, but who knows.

I'm still not 100% that this is Mephisto. A couple other possibilities - there was a shot in the town square scene of a Halloween decoration balloon guy thing that looked a whole hell of a lot like Dormammu's face in the comics. 

Also, it stuck me that this whole nightmare scenario could be just that - the TV show feels in a way like one of Nightmare's bad dreams. I haven't seen any speculation about Nightmare being involved, but given he is one of Doctor Strange's biggest enemies, it could make sense. 

1 minute ago, Comicopolis said:

I'm not convinced it's Mephisto behind all of this, but if it is, I wonder how they'll describe him? I can't see Marvel/Disney introducing the Devil into the MCU.

That's what I'm thinking.  How do you bring the Devil into/onto a family platform?  I don't think it is him.

3 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

I'm not convinced it's Mephisto behind all of this, but if it is, I wonder how they'll describe him? I can't see Marvel/Disney introducing the Devil into the MCU.

1 minute ago, media_junkie said:

That's what I'm thinking.  How do you bring the Devil into/onto a family platform?  I don't think it is him.

Disney/Hulu limited the Helstrom pentagram it was so worried about attracting objections. The devil would really bring this to a new level.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Disney/Hulu limited the Helstrom pentagram it was so worried about attracting objections. The devil would really bring this to a new level.

He would have to be a creature from another dimension, like they did with Dormammu. Which would then be a perfect lead into Dr Strange.

9 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

I think he makes a whole lot more sense than HE, anyway.

Haven't heard anyone in this or any other thread suggesting otherwise.  But I still lean towards Herb being High Evolutionary, just not behind anything going on in Westview, but instead just watching Wanda as someone he helped evolve into what we're seeing.

12 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

Quicksilver asking Wanda how she did it was a very interesting scene, especially since neither we nor Wanda know who Pietro is or why he is there. It felt to me like one of two things was happening here. Either:

a) someone is using this "Quicksilver" to try and learn the source of Wanda's new powers; or

b) someone (possibly Wanda's own subconscious) is trying to warn or remind Wanda - to wake her up - by forcing her to recognize that something has gone wrong

It just struck me as a pivotal moment, but also one that doesn't make any sense if Quicksilver is a construct of Mephisto or some other evil entity who gave Wanda these powers. 

I'm leaning towards A, because Pietro seemed a bit antagonistic and needling at times, but who knows.

Pietro being Mephisto explains all of this if they planned it together, but then he erased enough of her memory (which we've seen well over half a dozen hints of) to prevent her from regretting what she had done, coming to a place of moral clarity, and reversing everything they did together.

Or put more simply--he tricked her with the hope of being reunited with Vision, then erased enough of her memory to prevent her from realizing she had been tricked.

21 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

How do you bring the Devil into/onto a family platform?

By making him an evil/bad guy.  Disney depicts evil in MOST of their works.  We defeat our instantly-dismissed tropes of Satan as a form of evil by not making him look anything like the historical or stereotypical incarnations of evil we're all familiar with.  From there we can ALL use our own imaginations...but what we see in the episode will be interesting.

Edited by fantastic_four

13 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

He would have to be a creature from another dimension, like they did with Dormammu.

That's what he eventually became defined as in the comics, so that's why any expectations we have for him from what we know of Satan/The Devil shouldn't limit our conception of what he will be in the MCU.

Edited by fantastic_four

13 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I'm in agreement that it's not Mephisto. I just don't see Disney going 'there' with their brand, even if this is Marvel stuff.

So - it we have another entity that is making a bargain with Wanda, who could it be & who has that power level?

If it is something related to Dr. Strange, could it be Nightmare?
I don't recall his powers operating quite this way, but the bubble is a sort of dream scenario for Wanda, but a nightmare for just about everybody else involved.
And if the bubble / nightmare can expand, that would be something that Nightmare would have factored in to the bargain.

I'm reaching, of course!

But one thing that stuck out to me was Wanda and Pietro talking about the 'guy with the messed up face' in one of their conversations.
I wonder if that will be the antagonist?

7 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

That's what he eventually became defined as in the comics, so that's why any expectations we have for him from what we know of Satan/The Devil shouldn't limit our conception of what he will be in the MCU.

I suppose he could show up as a sharply-dressed looking fellow with an aura of menace and mystery...!

A 'person' that you look at, and you just know something is off... unless you're distracted by intense grief, etc. In that case, he seems like a sensible fellow with some solutions at hand.