• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

As far as the conversation about how steeped in this stuff you have to be in order to enjoy the show, my wife has seen all of the MCU movies, but has never read a comic in her life, and has practically zero interest in this stuff outside of the movies. And she is LOVING WandaVision. Like, LOVING it. She grins through every episode. Sometimes I'll offer up some tidbits after we finish an episode, some easter egg explanations, some theories, etc, but mostly she's just enjoying it for what it is. I like it quite a bit myself. 

Edited by F For Fake

11 minutes ago, the blob said:

a month or two ago I pulled those issues to the side thinking the show might impact them and now I don't know where the heck I put them!!! I have like 5+ of each. those are definitely among the "if they are a buck or less I buy them" books I have hoarded over the years (ok, pretty much any avengers 200 and under fits that bill)

I’ve always enjoyed how Byrne drew Wanda

47 minutes ago, Turtle said:

:roflmao:

This is so true!  I'm not sure I've ever seen an episode of a show of any length have credits that take so long to scroll.  

Then you have not enjoyed the beauty of The Mandalorian while its credits looked like they are honoring the original Star Wars scrolling intro.

emotion01.gif.6a88e9ddb8aef6fab1da89a191245c78.gif

(:

On 2/9/2021 at 9:18 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

You say that as if the first two episodes that mimicked Van Dyke and Betwitched don't matter and are throw away, but I think they matter very much and we're going to find out why they matter in this next half. It's the MCU, it's all connected.

I agree

Maybe for watchability sake, you don't rewatch the first couple again...or maybe one does simply to see what minor clues might have been there that hinted at the outcome all along.

Also, as someone else mentioned concern with earlier, I don't see anyone confused...if you know comics, have been "in" comics for 20+ years, you have a wealth of knowledge giving birth to a wealth of theories. If you have seen every movie and are a newer diehard fan, you can still make a lot of connections. If you are a casual collector and have seen most of the movies, you can also watch and enjoy. And even if you are someone like my wife who has seen 4 MCU movies and has a limited understanding of comics was able to catch up with a brief explanation of who Vision and Wanda are. Oh and she also needed a quick catch up when we went outside the Wanda world. That aside, she has enjoyed and been fine as a green viewer.

Maybe you can't partake in some of these crazy theories but do you really want to? I am a huge hockey fan but I have zero interest in spending my days speculating about which trades could happen and this and that and whatever that goes on online...I just watch the games and enjoy. Maybe that applied to someone here.

18 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

The recent epsiode was incredible, I love it as much as almost any MCU film (Infinity War will be hard to beat).

The only thing that sucks is it seems Avengers 54 isn't moving much.

A book has to move for you to enjoy a show!?!?!?!?!?! So you are watching hoping it will cause a book to spike and you can make more money!?!?!?!?

What a weird world we live in....

At the end of the day, you can enjoy this show without having a clue who Agatha Harkness is...you can get the sense that Agnes in the show might be someone or up to something. But I highly doubt someone who knows nothing about her is going to see that revealed (IF it even happens) and be like "OH MY GOD ITS AN OLD LADY CHARACTER!!! I HAVE TO BUY HER FIRST APPEARANCE NOW!!!!

The fact that people are paying $50-100+ for her first appearance is hilarious. A book like that, sure for an FF collector is neat to have but she is far from a major character and it just goes to show the craziness that exists. And usually, it is someone under 35 buying books for these prices, thinking they can grade and get a great grade and sell for double what they paid.

Good luck with that.

10 hours ago, bikesnbuses said:

Dumb question..maybe? What does "Word on the spec street" mean ? :shy: 

It means "I watched one particular Youtube channel where a guy realllllllllllllllllly stretched the dots to make a point and it lead to Chthon somehow making sense so now I am believing that as the holy truth and hoarding his first appearance to sell for mad profits"

Edited by comicginger1789

4 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

That comic book speculators are betting on Chthon being the villain as it has more direct ties to Wanda (Avengers 185-187) and those comics are selling at the moment 

By speculators you mean a quartet of guys who stream Youtube content whose word you treat as gospel because why not?

I know who you mean and while entertaining, I would not take any of their theories to heart. Fun, sure. But they have proposed dozens of theories since episode 1 (and dozens of theories about MCU spec for years now) many of which never happened and likely never will. But because they theorize on it all, of course they will hit on something. 

I love how they say "oh this is a book to get" and then follow it up with "we aren't telling you to invest in these books". But...but...you just said to do that!?!

If you love Wanda and Quicksilve and their history, sure, pick up and read Avengers #184-188 I believe it is. Fun backstory on them. 

But if you just wanna try to flip money on books and think that is where you should go to find great profits by the end of this show....lol

2 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

By speculators you mean a quartet of guys who stream Youtube content whose word you treat as gospel because why not?

I know who you mean and while entertaining, I would not take any of their theories to heart. Fun, sure. But they have proposed dozens of theories since episode 1 (and dozens of theories about MCU spec for years now) many of which never happened and likely never will. But because they theorize on it all, of course they will hit on something. 

I love how they say "oh this is a book to get" and then follow it up with "we aren't telling you to invest in these books". But...but...you just said to do that!?!

I’ll never be able to prove it but I’ve seen some books sell prior to announcements being made 

there is inside information that is shared with individuals that ultimately leads to markets on books being moved 

For the record my post was based on eBay movement and not YouTube videos 

like it or not, the logic behind this choice is as good as any others presented here 

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I’ll never be able to prove it but I’ve seen some books sell prior to announcements being made 

there is inside information that is shared with individuals that ultimately leads to markets on books being moved 

like it or not, the logic behind this choice is as good as any others presented here 

Oh, I can prove it. 

11 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Yeah well when those guys each have 10000 plus followers and they come up with some info (legit or completely just their own thoughts), you don't think even a small fraction like 1% of viewers dont go out and impulse buy? That is 100 people which will surely make it look like a book is "moving on ebay" as they say. 

5 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

hm

If you check the timeline of books sold on eBay you will notice that there is quite a strong buying of certain books leading up to a public announcement.  

Certain books that were stagnant started to sell, all of a sudden, a few days before a massive announcement (like the Disney drop).  There will be a frenzy afterward to pick up remaining copies but I noticed this with a couple of things. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

If you check the timeline of books sold on eBay you will notice that there is quite a strong buying of certain books leading up to a public announcement.  

Certain books that were stagnant started to sell, all of a sudden, a few days before a massive announcement (like the Disney drop).  There will be a frenzy afterward to pick up remaining copies but I noticed this with a couple of things. 

I saw it with some of my Star Wars books before the last set of shows was announced 

I can’t prove that how they got the info but books started selling that had sat for a long time 

13 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I guess the “what you collect sucks” has changed to “why you watch the show sucks” And “how you enjoy the show sucks”

bravo!

I never said what anyone collected sucks...I've said I don't like it but I am one guy. 

Just like I think watching a TV show hoping it will cause a comic to spike and you to make money seems odd to me. If Agatha harkness has zero connection to anything at all by the end of this, are you gonna hate the show because you spend $100 on CGC 6.5, cleaned and pressed it to try to get an 8.0 but now it won't be worth it? Will that make you hate the show?