• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Malcolm in the Middle/ late 90's early 00's Disney Channel for Episode 6. Wasn't expecting that. Awesome.

Ok thanks. I was wondering what that was from as I never watched Malcolm. 

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Maybe it is all Wanda...

The altered reality to whatever sitcom she's in is her, as is the mind control of the residents.  She's not broadcasting Wandavision, and some of the more isolated things we've seen (such as time reversal which is one of Mephisto's powers) aren't her unless they granted her even more insane powers than the comics or films ever have--which is possible but not likely.

Felt like we didn't get many new reveals in this episode.  The ones I can recall off-hand are:

• Vision reverts to a dead synthezoid if he leaves Westview, so whatever is keeping him together is tied to the town.
  • The Westview sign was OUTSIDE the town, but when Wanda expanded the hex it went inside the town and changed appearance.  I thought before it was inside the town and that it might have been converted from an Eastview sign to a Westview sign.  So what is up with Eastview?  ???
  • The kids now have their powers from the comics.  Usually mutant powers emerge after puberty, but these kids look pre-pubescent and now have their powers.  Mutant powers don't always emerge after puberty though so it's not exceptional if their powers emerged early.
  • We now know Wanda doesn't know who Pietro is, but she thinks it's not her brother.  Which she obviously shouldn't since he doesn't look like Aaron Taylor-Johnson.  Everything I saw in the episode still suggests he's Mephisto, but Wanda seeming not to know that is interesting and implies that if she did make a pact with him she's not consciously aware of it.  She explicitly said she doesn't know how she created Westview yet we saw her expand the size and boundaries of the hex, so Mephisto may be manipulating her memories which is very much one of his powers.
  • Agnes for the first time appeared to be under some degree of mind control when Vision walked up to her car.  I found this confusing given that on multiple occasions she seemed aware of the charade, particularly when she asked Wanda if she wanted to do another take on a Wandavision scene.

If anyone noticed other reveals of note please share.

I really hated the whole idea of Rambeau, Woo, and Darcy attacking SWORD agents and going off on their own mission to save the town without killing Wanda.  I didn't need and don't enjoy that conflict layered on the Westview mystery.

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:
  • We now know Wanda doesn't know who Pietro is, but she thinks it's not her brother.  Which she obviously shouldn't since he doesn't look like Aaron Taylor-Johnson.  Everything I saw in the episode still suggests he's Mephisto, but Wanda seeming not to know that is interesting and implies that if she did make a pact with him she's not consciously aware of it.  She explicitly said she doesn't know how she created Westview yet we saw her expand the size and boundaries of the hex, so Mephisto may be manipulating her memories which is very much one of his powers.

When he took off and Wanda shouted 'Kick-Azz' I thought that was so obvious.

kickazz01.thumb.jpg.4ac0e37731965e6e6f01813e094dcfa6.jpg

21 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

The Westview sign was OUTSIDE the town, but when Wanda expanded the hex it went inside the town and changed appearance.  I thought before it was inside the town and that it might have been converted from an Eastview sign to a Westview sign.  So what is up with Eastview?  ???

This could be Mephisto wiping the memories of Westview from everyone who ever knew about the town or anyone currently in it.  But that wouldn't remove the town from written records, so I don't fully get what's going on there.

On 2/3/2021 at 9:16 AM, Bird said:

And Bettany as well when he said major actor coming up that he shares scenes with for the first time. Bettany said the last episodes go full action MCU, or something like that.

Do you recall where you saw Bettany say these things?

The major actor is probably Benedict Cumberbatch, I don't recall Vision and Strange being in any scenes together in any MCU films to date.  And if the last episodes convert to full superhero action there are only three left, so one would assume that episode 7 will be the last one where we're mostly in the Wandavision world.

Here's my prediction for episode 7, and it references the minor, unconfirmed spoiler I mentioned a few days ago, so I'll hide it below.  ALL of it is informed guessing, so any of it, all of it, or NONE of it could be true, but it's solid info so I'll be surprised if most or all of it doesn't end up happening.

Spoiler

Mephisto gets revealed at the end of the episode and Strange makes his entrance.  I feel about 70% - 80% sure about the Mephisto reveal, but Strange may not come in, that's an educated guess that could easily be wrong.

I got second confirmation from another toy retailer who posts in another forum I participate in that Hasbro will be revealing their Disney Plus action figures next Friday, and I'm still guessing Mephisto will be one of them.  Usually Hasbro announces these product reveal dates 2+ weeks in advance, but they still are keeping the fact that they're revealing these action figures next Friday a secret to the general public.  They've told toy retailers about it so that they can put pre-orders for the toys up on their web sites.  The reason Hasbro has kept these things quiet in the past is because Marvel has told them to do so, so I'm sure Disney has given them February 19th as the earliest reveal of their Disney Plus action figures as well.

Edited by fantastic_four

WandaVision Episode 6 has dropped another fake commercial ad break for Marvel fans to decipher. This latest faux ad is for "Yo-Magic", a kids snack cup not unlike a yogurt or Jell-O cup snack. The Yo-Magic commercial is by far the most confusing ad we've gotten so far, in terms of how it metaphorically relates to Wanda Maximoff's (Elizabeth Olsen) life, and the experiences that have shaped her. That's because whereas the previous WandaVision commercials were concerned with pivotal events of Wanda's past, the Yo-Magic commercial may instead reveal the dark truth of what is happening to Wanda right now, and why the Soul Stone may be connected.

Spoiler

Soul_stone_mephisto.thumb.jpeg.8b388cc12f64c351da4fe18f51625ac7.jpeg

WandaVision's Yo-Magic commercial is immediately distinct from the others in the sense that it appears as a claymation animated sequence, instead of using (the same) live-action actors as the principals in the ad.

WandaVision Episode 6 Commercial "Yo-Magic" Recap
The scene depicted in the animated commercial sees a young boy looking lonely and haggard on a small deserted island. The boy exclaims that he's so hungry he would eat "anything," and in answer, a sunglasses-wearing, surfboard-toting shark leaps out of the ocean to answer the boy's call. The Shark offers the boy tells the boy that he remembers "hungry" since it's the way he used to be all the time.

When the boy asks what the shark did about that situation, the shark replies that he snacked on Yo-Magic, and now has plenty of time to "hang fin" (i.e., surf). The boy asks if he can have some Yo-Magic, and the shark answers sure, tossing a cup over. But as the boy tries day and night to open the lid, he cannot, and eventually decays into a skeleton. The commercial ends with the shark informing viewers that Yo-Magic is the sack "for survivors"

WandaVision Episode 6 Yo-Magic Commercial Explained
The Yo-Magic commercial may be WandaVision's most "out-there" ad yet, but the meaning seems clear. The commercial essentially presents a Faustian bargain between the boys and shark: the boy is willing to give everything for a desperate desire, and the shark offers to fulfill it. Instead, the boy gets no real nourishment, and even decays from chasing the false hope of eating the snack; meanwhile, the shark literally tells the boy he's being empowered by "Yo-Magic" or "Your Magic."

Given the commercials' ties to the advancing years of Wanda's life, this one is clearly about present-day Wanda, after the events of Avengers: Endgame, where she's in a lost lonely place after her parents, brother, and true love have all been killed. It's not hard to imagine Wanda reaching out with some kind of deep need or wish (to live in the "happier" reality she's created)... and some kind of entity answering her.

52 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Haven't seen that movie since it was in theaters and didn't remember Peters was in it so I had no idea why she said that, thanks for tying that together!

Oh, wait, is that Aaron Taylor-Johnson on the left in that Kick-Azz pic?  I just realized BOTH Quicksilvers starred in that movie.  doh!  Didn't recognize him with the curly hair and glasses.

11 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Wow, that does fit my existing idea that EVERY commercial is Mephisto taunting Wanda with their pact, but I had no idea what that commercial meant after watching it in the moment.  That explanation fits though.

6 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Next episode is the one I participated in.

I am one of the Clowns HAHA

You mean episode 6 that aired today, or episode 7?  In today's episode a bunch of SWORD agents turned into clowns as they got sucked into Westview after Wanda expanded the hex.

When I got there for the shoot, some of the other extras (who had been there for many nights of shooting) explained to me that the "Bubble" had just expanded and now the SWORD complex was within the bubble.

I of course knew nothing about what they were talking about, but thought it sounded cool.  And now I understand after watching this episode, what happened.

Apparently, the night before my shoot is when they filmed Wanda walking outside the barrier to confront the SWORD agents.  The extras who played soldiers were still buzzing about that as we filmed the Circus scenes.

Now I know why my scenes had Darcy in them (I was really confused by that at the time of shooting)

I wish I could share more....... but not until next week.

Edited by gadzukes

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

You mean episode 6 that aired today, or episode 7?  In today's episode a bunch of SWORD agents turned into clowns as they got sucked into Westview after Wanda expanded the hex.

Yes, I am one of the Sword agents (I guess? They just told me I was a clown and didn't tell me anything else).  I was not one of the clowns they showed in this episode.  I'll be in episode 7 (unless I'm edited out)

Edited by gadzukes

In Darcy's digging, she uncovers, "Project Cataract".

interesting.....

I know a Cataract is an eye condition but I decided to google the exact definition and this is what came up for me first.

"A cataract is a cloudy area in the lens of the eye that leads to a decrease in vision."

I find it amazing that the word "Vision" is in that description.