• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

I'm in agreement that it's not Mephisto. I just don't see Disney going 'there' with their brand, even if this is Marvel stuff.

So - it we have another entity that is making a bargain with Wanda, who could it be & who has that power level?

If it is something related to Dr. Strange, could it be Nightmare?
I don't recall his powers operating quite this way, but the bubble is a sort of dream scenario for Wanda, but a nightmare for just about everybody else involved.
And if the bubble / nightmare can expand, that would be something that Nightmare would have factored in to the bargain.

I'm reaching, of course!

But one thing that stuck out to me was Wanda and Pietro talking about the 'guy with the messed up face' in one of their conversations.
I wonder if that will be the antagonist?

There have been a few articles that covered this topic and actually did land at Nightmare. Will be interesting to see if this is right.

8 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

I suppose he could show up as a sharply-dressed looking fellow with an aura of menace and mystery...!

A 'person' that you look at, and you just know something is off... unless you're distracted by intense grief, etc. In that case, he seems like a sensible fellow with some solutions at hand.

Agreed.  Except... (toy spoiler below)

Spoiler

Pretty sure Hasbro has made an action figure of him, and I'm similarly sure a guy in a suit isn't the secret toy they're protecting the identity of.

But it's certainly possible a guy in a suit is who Hasbro unveils a week from now.

8 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

There have been a few articles that covered this topic and actually did land at Nightmare. Will be interesting to see if this is right.

Nightmare's powers are barely defined, and they range from powerful to entirely omniscient.  If it's him, all bets are off--which is why I HIGHLY doubt it's him.  Omniscience as an idea in superhero fiction has been something writers have known to avoid since Superman, i.e. well over half a century now.

Just now, fantastic_four said:

Nightmare's powers are barely defined, and they range from powerful to entirely omniscient.  If it's him, all bets are off--which is why I HIGHLY doubt it's him.  Omniscience as an idea in superhero fiction has been something writers have known to avoid since Superman, i.e. well over half a century now.

I mean, they call the character "Nightmare" and say that his power is basically the Monkey's Paw--he gives you your "dreams", but it turns out to have a cost and that's what feeds him.

On 2/5/2021 at 12:15 PM, fantastic_four said:

I'll also be surprised if Baron Strucker doesn't show up at some point, but he would need other help as well.

In re-watching Age of Ultron, I completely missed and/or forgot that Ultron killed Baron Strucker in the film.  That appears to rule him out as anyone actively involved in Wandavision.

Dead_Strucker.thumb.png.fe11ce709770cb5760633bf45f2881c9.png

9 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

NO....  and believe me I had my comic radar on full power while I was shooting the scenes.  I didn't pick up anything relevant to comic issues unfortunately.

You sure you aren't secretly playing Obnoxio and just not telling us? It seems to me everyone is guessing all sorts of villains, but no one suspects a belligerent clown with ice cream powers. I'm stocking up on Obnoxio #1s because I have a sneaking suspicion you aren't telling us the full truth...:screwy:

Two takeaways (among many) after a second afternoon viewing...

First, Herb is dressed as The Monster of Frankenstein, again teasing the idea of creating life which could allude to the High Evolutionary.

Second, Pietro calls the twins "demon spawn", which for me alludes to the comics origin of the Maximoff twins who were, in part, spawned by Mephisto.

Again, the series makes vague references to the High Evolutionary and more direct references to Mephisto.

Fan theory alert.

Since Wanda was able to destruct the Mind Stone, what if Wanda has figured out a way (maybe with help) to reconstruct the Mind Stone? What if the Hexagon is a giant reconstruction lab for the Stone? One of my clues for this theory is that we see the Mind Stone in clips from past promo videos. And if the Hex is kind of like the Mind Stone reforming itself, maybe this is why the Vision can't exist outside it?

1 hour ago, AJLewandoski said:

You sure you aren't secretly playing Obnoxio and just not telling us? It seems to me everyone is guessing all sorts of villains, but no one suspects a belligerent clown with ice cream powers. I'm stocking up on Obnoxio #1s because I have a sneaking suspicion you aren't telling us the full truth...:screwy:

I'll do a SS signing for CGC for Obnoxio 1.  :idea:

28 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

So it's not a big thing but I didn't see anyone mention it. At the beginning of the episode I noticed under "Pietro"s sleeve he has a tattoo that says "mom". Now I'm not certain but I dont think either Pietro ever had such a tattoo.

I'd assume that's a reference to the 1990s "cool uncle" kind of thing? Or to this other classic 90s show:

image.png.a866a473c9ce655fcb60a950a2d96ac1.png

Edited by bpc3qh

1 hour ago, AJLewandoski said:

So it's not a big thing but I didn't see anyone mention it. At the beginning of the episode I noticed under "Pietro"s sleeve he has a tattoo that says "mom". Now I'm not certain but I dont think either Pietro ever had such a tattoo.

Saw online that someone theorized that since we don't see the full tatoo, it might actually say "HOM" for House of M...but probably a stretch

Edited by Cozmo-One

Do you think we got confirmation that Vision cannot live outside the Hex, or that he cannot YET live outside the Hex? In other words... I feel like there’s a battle going on between what Wanda is trying to do with him and with what evil SWORD guy is trying to do with him.  I mean, the secret project that Darcy found is called “Cataract”... and a cataract is a dead spot in your lens which literally leads to a “decrease in vision”. That must have been the project in which they were dissembling him on the table, right? 

I’m just wondering if Wanda’s Hex is/will slowly be able to put him back together before this all over?  I’m guessing yes.  Otherwise the end of the show means the end of Vision. I hope that’s not the case.

Also... my new guess? If these trips in and out are altering Monica on a cellular level and going to lead to her powers, is the Hex going to be responsible for creating mutants in the MCU? Is this literally how it’s going to happen? If so, then my guess is that whomever Monica was waiting for to come help will be a known X-Men type character who will literally get their abilities when trying to help out.

As for the big bad? I still feel like Mephisto clues are dropping so fast and furious it MUST be misdirection.  But I’m not sure of anything.  I”m just enjoying the ride!!

Edited by fmaz