• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC lost my books?
2 2

386 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

He could be one of those people who aren't good with people. Who knows what's been said by whom. He could've called and said, "did you guy lose my books?" And - right off the bat - I don't wanna hear that as a customer service rep. Sounds like immediate trouble.

There are just other threads to bring this up. None of us can answer the question.

He could be the nicest guy in the world and leave a trail of rainbows and candy everywhere he walks.

That doesn’t make any difference or not as to whether or not CGC can locate his books.

After calling the company directly and getting nowhere, he went to the next most reasonable option. Comics general gets the most action hence the most potential attention from CGC.

And as it stands, there has already been someone that had books received after his and have shown up in the system.

Seems reasonable to me.

4 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

I think I'm more upset with the concept of Eternals 1, Booster Gold 1, and Nova 1 having a potential value of $2,000 than anything else going on in this thread.

I sent in 4 eternals #1s two of them which is a very high potential 9.8s. Same thing with Booster Gold. Nova 1 my guess was 8.5. My last Eternals 1 I sent in got a 9.8 so I'm good at eyeing my books before sending.

I live in Canada and submitted in Toronto at the Fan Expo Con and it took like 5 weeks for my submission to appear, mind you this was a few years back but it can take a while. Best advice if you need your books right away go to a Con where they do onsite grading. 

To be fair to the OP, @joeypost had a package delivered to CGC via FedEx ground back in the fall where CGC didn't say that it was received for a month.  They claimed that an one day trip from Joey to CGC took FedEx a month to deliver it.  

I have a bridge to sell you if you think that was true. :angel:

2 minutes ago, greggy said:

To be fair to the OP, @joeypost had a package delivered to CGC via FedEx ground back in the fall where CGC didn't say that it was received for a month.  They claimed that an one day trip from Joey to CGC took FedEx a month to deliver it.  

I have a bridge to sell you if you think that was true. :angel:

Some of mine were in that one, mentioned earlier, also why I said that it wasn't the first time this has happened recently :shy: :foryou: @nyanmaung

9 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

I live in Canada and submitted in Toronto at the Fan Expo Con and it took like 5 weeks for my submission to appear, mind you this was a few years back but it can take a while. Best advice if you need your books right away go to a Con where they do onsite grading. 

Someone here said his book that was delivered on the 25th is already in the system. My were delivered on the 18th so I'm kind of losing my patience. But Kevin from CGC said they are going the safe to find my package so I guess I'll get the results soon. Kevin is great help. 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Some of mine were in that one, mentioned earlier, also why I said that it wasn't the first time this has happened recently :shy: :foryou: @nyanmaung

Was yours the krappy SS Hulk 181?

2 minutes ago, nyanmaung said:

Someone here said his book that was delivered on the 25th is already in the system. My were delivered on the 18th so I'm kind of losing my patience. But Kevin from CGC said they are going the safe to find my package so I guess I'll get the results soon. Kevin is great help. 

Well that's good to here, as this is not a too common occurrence, I hope that it doesn't sour you :foryou: 

1 minute ago, greggy said:
3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was yours the krappy SS Hulk 181?

lol yes! Up a whole .5 and :takeit:Glad I didn't lose it, it was one of the first 2 books that I had signed :shy: 

47 minutes ago, Park said:

He could be the nicest guy in the world and leave a trail of rainbows and candy everywhere he walks.

That doesn’t make any difference or not as to whether or not CGC can locate his books.

After calling the company directly and getting nowhere, he went to the next most reasonable option. Comics general gets the most action hence the most potential attention from CGC.

And as it stands, there has already been someone that had books received after his and have shown up in the system.

Seems reasonable to me.

K.

On 3/28/2019 at 10:19 AM, Junkdrawer said:

Stop being such a drama queen. What 2 weeks? This is how it works. You send your books to CGC at a PO Box and the USPS shows delivered. The box isn’t yet at CGC. It is also not the only box. There are hundreds of boxes that can accumulate depending on what day and time they go to pick them up. 

“Smart” submitters write on the box “walk thru” or “express” or whatever their tier may be to give attention to their box so that could help Cgc officials to facilitate that order. Unmarked boxes will get opened eventually. Again there are lots of boxes to process. This usually takes a few days. Calling them when the USPS shows delivered and asking where they are exactly isn’t going to get you an intelligent answer that will make your kind satisfied. For the rest of us who have submitted books before, we give it a few days and like magic, it appears on the dashboard. Currently I am awaiting an order of modern books to hit my dashboard that the USPS shows delivered on Monday, it’s Thursday and I see nothing yet. I’m not flipping out. Now I know why, it’s because they are dealing with you. And likely others like yourself. 

Trust the process 

I put WITH LOVE FROM JUNKDRAWER on my boxes, get the 5 star treatment every time 

2 hours ago, Transplant said:

You guys ripping into the OP are off base.  Not having books show up in the system nearly two weeks after they were delivered is way too long.  Way too long.  Do I think they're lost?  Probably not.  Do I think it's pretty inexcusable to have them sit for this long without entering the system?  Heck yeah.  

plus no one ever called him back like they said they would

38 minutes ago, greggy said:

I have a bridge to sell you if you think that was true:angel:

is it in Vancouver? hm

38 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Sounds like someone I know :x

lol

Well, when I wrote that I was only thinking of Trannypants soooooo........ :luhv:

1 hour ago, Park said:

If he's leaving a trail of rainbows and candy, I'd suggest he get checked by a proctologist pronto.