• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC lost my books?
2 2

386 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2019 at 3:05 PM, nyanmaung said:

My books were delivered to CGC on March 18th but yet I haven't see my submission in the system. I called them and one person told me that they will called me back but didn't. So I called again and she said she will check on it and call me back but didn't. Third time I call and the person told me that the receiving manager was just getting back from a show and said it's going to take a while. What will happen if they lost my books? The tracking does say it was delivered. I'm starting to worried a lot now. 

Some food for thought - CGC does not seem to work on the weekends, so a few business days delay isn't unexpected.

I recently had books delivered to the PO Box on January 21st that did not show up in my dashboard until Feb 2nd. Yes I was a little nervous as the days ticked by, but everything was properly insured.

As others have said, have a little patience - been here a few years and haven't heard of lost books once delivered to their facility.

Good luck!

-bc

6 minutes ago, bc said:

Some food for thought - CGC does not seem to work on the weekends, so a few business days delay isn't unexpected.

I recently had books delivered to the PO Box on January 21st that did not show up in my dashboard until Feb 2nd. Yes I was a little nervous as the days ticked by, but everything was properly insured.

As others have said, have a little patience - been here a few years and haven't heard of lost books once delivered to their facility.

Good luck!

-bc

Not only do they not work on weekends but C2E2 was last week, which means pretty much no-one was in the office (CGC does onsite grading at C2E2 so its basically all hands on deck there).  They are probably taking this week to dig out from C2E2, input the hundreds/thousands of books that they received in the meantime, and o yea, a good chunk of the team flew from Chicago to Anaheim for Wondercon today-Sunday.  

45 minutes ago, bc said:

Good luck!

-bc

This is an important point. I've never heard of someone's books getting lost at their facility. Not saying its never happened, just that I've never heard of it...so at a minimum it's exceptionally rare. Which, considering the volume they process, is pretty impressive honestly...

4 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

Stop being such a drama queen. What 2 weeks? This is how it works. You send your books to CGC at a PO Box and the USPS shows delivered. The box isn’t yet at CGC. It is also not the only box. There are hundreds of boxes that can accumulate depending on what day and time they go to pick them up. 

“Smart” submitters write on the box “walk thru” or “express” or whatever their tier may be to give attention to their box so that could help Cgc officials to facilitate that order. Unmarked boxes will get opened eventually. Again there are lots of boxes to process. This usually takes a few days. Calling them when the USPS shows delivered and asking where they are exactly isn’t going to get you an intelligent answer that will make your kind satisfied. For the rest of us who have submitted books before, we give it a few days and like magic, it appears on the dashboard. Currently I am awaiting an order of modern books to hit my dashboard that the USPS shows delivered on Monday, it’s Thursday and I see nothing yet. I’m not flipping out. Now I know why, it’s because they are dealing with you. And likely others like yourself. 

Trust the process 

Will it help my "Value" tier to get in the system faster to write "Walk Thru"  on the box?  Or will it just reduce the grades by 1 or more points.  :insane:

57 minutes ago, toro said:

Will it help my "Value" tier to get in the system faster to write "Walk Thru"  on the box?  Or will it just reduce the grades by 1 or more points.  :insane:

I’m sure that would get you to the back of the line. 

8 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

I’m sure that would get you to the back of the line. 

I'd be more worried about knowlegible PO employees working at the USPS/UPS/FEDEX regional sorting/distribution facility seeing it and recognizing it may be an expensive comic.

12 hours ago, nyanmaung said:

No they are not signature. I would be extra worry if they were. 

by any chance did you submit them for pressing with CCS?  that further delays showing up in your dashboard queue.

i wouldn't sweat it. many folks on here have had to wait weeks before seeing any items populate. with C2E3 and con season ramping up, you'd be lucky to see anything before the month is over especially if you submitted it under anything but walk thru or fast track tier.

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

FYI. My books that arrived on the 25th, all value tier, have showed up in my queue.

If your submission that delivered on 25th showed up then my should show up but I'm not seeing anything.

Edited by nyanmaung

1 minute ago, Transplant said:

You guys ripping into the OP are off base.  Not having books show up in the system nearly two weeks after they were delivered is way too long.  Way too long.  Do I think they're lost?  Probably not.  Do I think it's pretty inexcusable to have them sit for this long without entering the system?  Heck yeah.  

I agree, but I kept hoping for a reasoning....

Signature series, pressing, something other than the person that the OP said they were addressed to someone at cgc that hadn't opened it....

I Did a one time pressing through joeypost, and somehow, my books weren't r ecieved by CGC for a while....lost in mail? Idk.

But I can feel the OP pain, but it's the unknown that causes the most, and I don't "believe" that cgc had "lost" them... but just what happened then?

On 3/28/2019 at 12:31 PM, I like pie said:

"It's con season" only goes so far. It didn't sneak up on them. Hire more people this time a year. Make sure you're staffed.

I agree but why should they? CGC knows by now that people will keep submitting regardless. They know the cash train just keeps on delivering even though it's con season and it takes longer to get books through the system and back to the submitter. Maybe if enough people took a stand and stopped submitting, :roflmao:they would get the message.  

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I agree, but I kept hoping for a reasoning....

Signature series, pressing, something other than the person that the OP said they were addressed to someone at cgc that hadn't opened it....

I Did a one time pressing through joeypost, and somehow, my books weren't r ecieved by CGC for a while....lost in mail? Idk.

But I can feel the OP pain, but it's the unknown that causes the most, and I don't "believe" that cgc had "lost" them... but just what happened then?

There could be many reasons but he has called several times and gotten nothing.

Is he impatient and will they turn up? Probably but if you call a company several times asking about something you sent them and they can’t  respond and give you any idea? That’s kinda lame.

2 minutes ago, Park said:

Misleading on first glance but he sent the books in weeks ago, called several times and asked if they have received them/processed etc. and gotten no response.

Tecchnically right now, CGC did lose his books. Probably somewhere in the facility but it doesn’t seem they know where they are or potentially worse, care all that much.

And what worries me is, this isn't the first time this year even that it's happened this way :eek: 

I get that they get found, but snap! that's a lot of pressure for all parities.... 

3 minutes ago, Park said:

Misleading on first glance but he sent the books in weeks ago, called several times and asked if they have received them/processed etc. and gotten no response.

Tecchnically right now, CGC did lose his books. Probably somewhere in the facility but it doesn’t seem they know where they are or potentially worse, care all that much.

He could be one of those people who aren't good with people. Who knows what's been said by whom. He could've called and said, "did you guy lose my books?" And - right off the bat - I don't wanna hear that as a customer service rep. Sounds like immediate trouble.

There are just other threads to bring this up. None of us can answer the question.