• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's SHAZAM 2 starring Zackary Levi (4/1/22)
1 1

696 posts in this topic

On 3/20/2023 at 7:46 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Umm...

'Dis you?:

You really try your best. You do. And yet you still have that big red nose and large shoes.

How much time did you waste on this 'PR expert'?

:juggle:

On 3/20/2023 at 7:26 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

I really think it is superhero fatigue. People have just grown tired of the super hero genre. People want to seek out new and different entertainment.

Other factors could also be a majority of the audience ages out, and the China bump doesn't seem to be that big of a bump anymore.

I expect more the same mediocre results for

• May 5, 2023 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
  • June 9, 2023 - Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (might be better than I thought)
  • June 23, 2023: The Flash
  • July 28, 2023 - The Marvels
  • August 4, 2023: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem
  • August 18, 2023 - Blue Beetle

I personally would not be surprised if the Transformers movie does better (much better in some cases) than any of those other films.  Well maybe not Guardians, I just don't know what that one will do, the 2nd one wasn't that great, however it is the last one and also Gunn's last run for Marvel.  Flip a coin really.  However Transformers beats Flash, Marvels, Turtles and Blue Beetle.

Maybe 3 minutes?

It’s mad simple:

1) type “Justice League Part” in the search bar

2) Go to page 1

3) Copy your review - which you apparently felt so passionate about, you repasted it into the new thread.

The point?

You liked the theatrical Josstice League better than the BvS extended cut.

Which I only remembered, because I found it surprising at the time.

On 3/20/2023 at 4:41 PM, Gatsby77 said:

?

You gave the theatrical cut a glowing review.

Unfortunately lost now to the ether, after you and @Jaydogrulesgot the original thread poofed.

You should tell this guy. As he claimed the thread was lost in the ether.

Oh. Wait. Yet ever-changing 'facts' to stir the pot.

Come on back to the Avatar 2 thread. Tell us all how much money it will lose.

• Administrator
On 3/20/2023 at 8:18 PM, Bosco685 said:
On 3/20/2023 at 4:41 PM, Gatsby77 said:

?

You gave the theatrical cut a glowing review.

Unfortunately lost now to the ether, after you and @Jaydogrulesgot the original thread poofed.

You should tell this guy. As he claimed the thread was lost in the ether.

Oh. Wait. Yet ever-changing 'facts' to stir the pot.

Come on back to the Avatar 2 thread. Tell us all how much money it will lose.

I want both of you to stop this conflict between each other.  It is getting old.  If it doesn't stop, I will go into your accounts, and make sure you are both ignoring each other.  If I find that this has been undone, restricting from posting will definitely occur, and banning from topics will occur as well.  Either end this now, or I will...  No need to reply, as this is not up for debate.  That includes, PM's.

On 3/20/2023 at 8:13 PM, media_junkie said:

I personally would not be surprised if the Transformers movie does better (much better in some cases) than any of those other films.  Well maybe not Guardians, I just don't know what that one will do, the 2nd one wasn't that great, however it is the last one and also Gunn's last run for Marvel.  Flip a coin really.  However Transformers beats Flash, Marvels, Turtles and Blue Beetle.

I agree with you with Transformers. Also if Guardians 3 is the big superhero movie for the year, this will certainly be test for super hero movies, plus Guardians doesn`t come out until end of May. This certainly will be a year the super hero movie popularity gets tested. 

Myself, I am going back to reruns of The Last of US. LOL

:fear:

On 3/20/2023 at 8:57 PM, CGC Mike said:

I want both of you to stop this conflict between each other.  It is getting old.  If it doesn't stop, I will go into your accounts, and make sure you are both ignoring each other.  If I find that this has been undone, restricting from posting will definitely occur, and banning from topics will occur as well.  Either end this now, or I will...  No need to reply, as this is not up for debate.  That includes, PM's.

Fine with me. I'll block him and Jaydogrules and yet they can still see and comment on posts.

On 3/21/2023 at 11:55 AM, eastriver400 said:

So the rumor mill on twitter is reporting that Dwayne Johnson blocked a Black Adam post credit scene that had the JSA invite Shazam to join. 

As a lifelong Shazam fan, I have to say the Rock really ruined everything. 

No offense to you. This is The Wrap publishing this report, which of late has been one of the mouthpieces for WB Studios. It is scapegoating to point the box office failure at someone else.

Edited by Bosco685

That's ridiculous. Personally, I would take Cavill returning over Black Adam vs Shazam. Would I rather have both? Yes, but DJ didn't really ruin anything with all we have to consider.

In all fairness, he really wanted nothing to do with Shazam from the get go.  He had a vision, with himself at the center, and it backfired on him. Unfortunately it may have taken Shazam down with him.   

I was ecstatic that such a big star was connected to the Shazam universe... Be careful what you wish for.

I can only hope Gunn sees the potential in the character. Perfect gateway character for younger fans to get into DC comics. 

Edited by eastriver400

So the rumor mill on twitter is reporting that Dwayne Johnson blocked a Black Adam post credit scene that had the JSA invite Shazam to join. 

Ok, seriously, to even hint that the reason Shazam 2 bombed is because Dwayne Johnson "wouldn't let a 30 second cameo of the JSA", be in the mid credits of this movie is just stupid.  This movie failed because WB did a poor job advertising it, and the fact that it is in a "dead universe", which now the Flash and Aquaman are as well.  

On 3/21/2023 at 5:20 PM, Bosco685 said:

No we have Zachary Levi pushing The Wrap article, distracting from Peter Safran being the producer of Shazam: Fury of the Gods. This will hurt both their brands in the long run trying to throw all the failure on Dwayne Johnson.

Zachary_Levi_230321.thumb.jpg.4a64b84b304c692dc0ae13779ced9493.jpg

Sure, maybe there is beef with Johnson and the studios and he didn't allow/want the JSA to be in Shazam 2, but still the movie did not bomb because of their absence.  If anyone seriously believes that the general movie going public boycotted this movie because a 30 sec cameo (that no one would know about before opening night) of the JSA wasn't in it that is just a crazy belief.  

I get it that the the studio and the actors are now in CYA mode since this movie bombed (and bomb hard) and want to throw each other under the bus so it isn't pinned on them, but seriously, a 30 second cameo is the reason the movie failed?

On 3/21/2023 at 5:56 PM, media_junkie said:

Sure, maybe there is beef with Johnson and the studios and he didn't allow/want the JSA to be in Shazam 2, but still the movie did not bomb because of their absence.  If anyone seriously believes that the general movie going public boycotted this movie because a 30 sec cameo (that no one would know about before opening night) of the JSA wasn't in it that is just a crazy belief.  

I get it that the the studio and the actors are now in CYA mode since this movie bombed (and bomb hard) and want to throw each other under the bus so it isn't pinned on them, but seriously, a 30 second cameo is the reason the movie failed?

This is only going to hurt the newly minted DC Studios brand.

Grace_Randolph.PNG.b26dca9f4a17d14016e7f062576a6580.PNG