• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's SHAZAM 2 starring Zackary Levi (4/1/22)
1 1

696 posts in this topic

Whomever Jack Dylan Grazer hires as his fashion consultant he's always impecably dressed to do press.  I admire Jack's self-confidence, intelligence, and quick humour to always go for the laugh.

Excellent Shazam!! interviews with Zac, Ash & Jack and David F. Sandberg

What a pathetic advertising effort. I hope the -script is great and the movie will catch on through word of mouth.  Praying there’s a place for Shazam in the DCU. I’m fine if Zach Levi is replaced and the character is reimagined, but the kid in me will be heartbroken if FOTG is the last we see of Shazam.

Edited by eastriver400

Loving me some Shazam!! Fury of the Gods BTS footage which feels like a virtual film set visit with a C-Suite pass.  Fascinating fly on the wall POV of David F. Sandberg in action doing what he does better than most current movie directors.

Enjoy seeing the lastest XR Studio used at 05:46 and the new Romper Room Magic Mirror VFX visualization tool at 11:44.  First time I saw this technology was Skydance VFX with director Shawn Levy using it to easily and very precisely choreograph his cameras and action scenes in The Adam Project. :x

No better class act than Helen Mirren, always telling it like it is and eloquently explaining the mythos of Captain Marvel and The Marvel Family in an enlightened perspective.  It's a travesty and shame classic literature is no longer taught in K-12 in America anymore, today's dim-witted movie goers haven't a clue what she is talking about. :eyeroll:

Still the best casting of the ideal actor, and none better, to portray Freddy Freeman on screen than Jack.  :x

1581375369_JackinLondon.jpeg.a65f0887494a46d7849aa98ee579484c.jpeg

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

On 3/1/2023 at 4:41 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Yeah - but he wasn't a non-entity.

It's sort of like arguing Ryan Reynolds wasn't a star until he played Deadpool.

Which is true...

If you ignore:

• Green Lantern
  • Safe House
  • Buried
  • The Proposal
  • Van Wilder
  • Definitely, Maybe
  • Just Friends
  • Waiting
  • The Amityville Horror
  • Blade Trinity

etc.

Reynolds was paid $15 million for Green Lantern, not $300K

On 3/7/2023 at 7:52 PM, Bosco685 said:

“Two Post-credit scenes…. That are very telling for the future of Shazam”

The fact that James Gunn retweeted that comment makes me VERY hopeful. 

Sandberg was recently quoted saying something along the lines of: Shazam’s future in the DCU all depends on how well FOTG does $$$$ (I am not too hopeful about that one).

well I got a prescreen pass to this as well :shy: My accompaniment hasn't been as thrilled as I have, I guess that is to be expected in the scheme of things.

I'm happy, and yet have my own thoughts about these, and I'm just, glad that it is the time for comics. Whether it'll remain or burn out, I'm not aware, but I'll enjoy while it lasts.

Shazam was my dads comic as a kid, still remembers the story etc I guess that is something I can be happy about, internally lol 

On 3/8/2023 at 8:36 AM, Axelrod said:

Ah, the traditional Twitter-Hype reactions. 

They raved about Ant-Man too, right?  

Yep it's hard to trust any "review" of these movies until they come out. I'm still cautiously optimistic about this film though, I really enjoyed the first one.

On 3/8/2023 at 9:33 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

well I got a prescreen pass to this as well :shy: My accompaniment hasn't been as thrilled as I have, I guess that is to be expected in the scheme of things.

I'm happy, and yet have my own thoughts about these, and I'm just, glad that it is the time for comics. Whether it'll remain or burn out, I'm not aware, but I'll enjoy while it lasts.

Shazam was my dads comic as a kid, still remembers the story etc I guess that is something I can be happy about, internally lol 

My dad's too. Huge fan throughout his entire life. He would have loved to even see Elvis reading Captain Marvel Jr. #2 in the Elvis movie.  I wish he was alive to see not only Shazam on the silver screen, but how celebrated CBMs are in general.