• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's SHAZAM 2 starring Zackary Levi (4/1/22)
1 1

696 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2023 at 10:40 AM, eastriver400 said:

My dad's too. Huge fan throughout his entire life. He would have loved to even see Elvis reading Captain Marvel Jr. #2 in the Elvis movie.  I wish he was alive to see not only Shazam on the silver screen, but how celebrated CBMs are in general. 

you have my condolences. Indeed my dad is still kicking at 82 years of age, 1940, it is respectable to say he's been there, I hope you have the love!

I’ve held a long standing assertion that, on screen, Jason Sudeikis and Ed Helms are the same person.  After being subjected to the Shazam trailer 8 billion times by TBS, I’ve added Zachary Levi to that list.

Andy Bernard as a superhero?

image.gif.df722231501111eed4fa9ae11840fce9.gif

Well, my daughter was just watching “The Masked Singer” and called me in because it was DC Comics night. Jim Lee made an appearance as well as Helen Mirren and Zach Levi. 

I guess that’s some sort of PR for FOTG, but still pathetic.  The fact that Shazam is Safran’s production and the promotion is dismal is not a good sign at all. 

I've never read the really-old Captain Marvel comics, so I'm not sure if the timeline fits the original story, but IMO the Shazam Family came along far too early. Hard to believe that there will be stakes in this one when there are 6 Supermen available to fight off whatever the conflict is.

On 3/13/2023 at 7:25 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I've never read the really-old Captain Marvel comics, so I'm not sure if the timeline fits the original story, but IMO the Shazam Family came along far too early. Hard to believe that there will be stakes in this one when there are 6 Supermen available to fight off whatever the conflict is.

generally the duplication or replica of an original character has never been something i like. 

On 3/13/2023 at 9:25 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Hard to believe that there will be stakes in this one when there are 6 Supermen available to fight off whatever the conflict is.

Maybe they need to keep hordes of alien demons from collecting three jewelry boxes. 

Edited by Gatsby77

On 3/15/2023 at 6:55 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Maybe they need to keep hordes of alien demons from collecting three jewelry boxes. 

:roflmao:

"I will have my Zack Snyder hate recognized. I swear!!"

images.jpeg.c32254a43142bf24fa26dbc9601afb6b.jpeg

On 3/15/2023 at 6:55 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Okay, so 3 Shazams protect 1 Mother Box each.

That leaves 3 Shazams to fight the 3 goddesses, then there's a dragon and some ogres.

I guess if the Mother Boxes are in this movie, it'll have tension. :nyah:

On 3/15/2023 at 7:22 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Okay, so 3 Shazams protect 1 Mother Box each.

That leaves 3 Shazams to fight the 3 goddesses, then there's a dragon and some ogres.

I guess if the Mother Boxes are in this movie, it'll have tension. :nyah:

I mean - it could be worse.

They could have had movie posters featuring the six heroes and the tagline “Unite the Seven” - only to have the seventh hero never actually appear because his scenes were deleted in editing. 

On 3/8/2023 at 8:33 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

well I got a prescreen pass to this as well :shy: My accompaniment hasn't been as thrilled as I have, I guess that is to be expected in the scheme of things.

I'm happy, and yet have my own thoughts about these, and I'm just, glad that it is the time for comics. Whether it'll remain or burn out, I'm not aware, but I'll enjoy while it lasts.

Shazam was my dads comic as a kid, still remembers the story etc I guess that is something I can be happy about, internally lol 

Call from dad today, he had no idea that I was to see his favorite childhood comic in movie form today! I'll report back to him after prescreen tonight. Lots of peace going in, and hoping for the time we'll spent.

IMG_20230315_182050170.jpg