• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's SHAZAM 2 starring Zackary Levi (4/1/22)
1 1

696 posts in this topic

On 1/30/2023 at 8:55 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I might see this in theaters because of Levi. lol

I always loved him in all the things he's done.  I've watched the whole Chuck series 3 or 4 times, and am watching the whole thing now with son over the winter (we're halfway through season two).  He was good in Heroes Reborn, and was great as Shazam.  Now I'm liking him more and more ;)

On 1/30/2023 at 10:09 AM, davidpg said:

I always loved him in all the things he's done.  I've watched the whole Chuck series 3 or 4 times, and am watching the whole thing now with son over the winter (we're halfway through season two).  He was good in Heroes Reborn, and was great as Shazam.  Now I'm liking him more and more ;)

He has a special costume request when attending the premiere.

:nyah:

• Administrator

Dena has made it clear that coronavirus is a banned topic nearly 2 years ago.  For those not in the know, it still is.  I let occasional mentions slide.  The kind of discussion I have just removed here is not ok.

Eagerly looking forward to getting me some Marta Milans and Cooper Andrews movie screen time.  The pairing of these two actors as foster parents Rosa and Victor Vasquez is like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, "two great tastes that taste great together."  :foryou:

993507097_FuryoftheGodsposter2.png.a98ad584cf53c3ee48a4e3a882520127.png

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

Well this is tracking horribly, as should surprise no one. My original prediction for this was 300. May bump that up to 300-325M with the China release, but either way this movie will prove to be as pointless and ill advised as Black Adam.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 1/27/2023 at 9:41 AM, 1Cool said:

I'm not sure about box office but I enjoyed the 1st one and I'm excited to go see the second.  It may do better then we think just because kids movies have been doing pretty well this winter (parents getting rid of their teens for a couple hours).  Any word yet on the budget?

Shazam 1 had about a $100 million budget and a $366 million box office, so it made money. Black Adam's problem is that it cost $260 million and had almost the same box office. If they can keep the budget low enough to make money on a $350-400 million box office they're ok. I have read it had a $125 million budget. It looks like Shazam 2 is getting released in China, so that probably helps. Most of these "busts" are only busts because of their budgets. Eternals made $400 million at the box office. If they had not blown it up with a $200 million budget and instead got it done for $125 million they would have been fine.

On 2/28/2023 at 5:07 PM, the blob said:

Shazam 1 had about a $100 million budget and a $366 million box office, so it made money. Black Adam's problem is that it cost $260 million and had almost the same box office. If they can keep the budget low enough to make money on a $350-400 million box office they're ok. I have read it had a $125 million budget. It looks like Shazam 2 is getting released in China, so that probably helps. Most of these "busts" are only busts because of their budgets. Eternals made $400 million at the box office. If they had not blown it up with a $200 million budget and instead got it done for $125 million they would have been fine.

I do agree the budgets for movies will have to be trimmed quite a bit since the box office numbers for 99% of movies just doesn't allow for $250 million budgets. But if Cocaine Bear can make good money without any really stars then maybe every movie doesn't need one person making 30 - 40 million to act in it.  100 million is a LOT of money if you are not paying a few actors 20 million and instead invest in great scripts and unknown but talented actors.