• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR 4: LOVE AND THUNDER directed by Taika Waititi (11/5/21)
9 9

960 posts in this topic

On 7/8/2022 at 6:34 AM, Bosco685 said:

WOW! And Luis is usually MCU strong positive.

Wow, dude said "This was the weakest of the Phase 4 movies", that is a horrible comment because all of Phase 4 has sucked (well minus Spider-man).

I'm in the Disney+ camp as well (unless it arrives after my free Verizon Disney bundle is up).

On 7/8/2022 at 8:53 AM, media_junkie said:

I'm in the Disney+ camp as well (unless it arrives after my free Verizon Disney bundle is up).

I'm in the they have to pay me to see it camp.

Sadly, Love & Thunder was a disappointment for me. I felt too much of the humor was forced. Overall, with the exception of Bale, I felt every one else phoned it in.

When I left the theater, I told my wife that Eternals might have been better. She replied, “No. This wasn’t that bad.” I can offer up that faint praise.

On 7/7/2022 at 6:22 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Wow, I’m not sure what I just witnessed but it wasn’t a Thor movie. Bland, stale story and horrible acting.

Full theater and not a single laugh throughout the movie.

also really bad editing. A lot of the scenes were choppy.

and sadly, this is what will matter most to DIS

On 7/8/2022 at 1:35 PM, drotto said:

I have not seen Thor yet.  Felt like I should get that out of the way.  I feel like we are going to see a solid first weekend, and then off the pervebial cliff.  Similar to MoM, but with lower initial numbers.

+1, I'll jump in blindly; $150MM US opening, $330-350MM total, $800MM WW

I haven't been to a theatre since Revenge of the Sith, so my thoughts on this one will have to wait. But, yes, Phase 4 has been disappointing. Black Widow and Dr. Strange MoM both have third act issues, but were at least engaging and fun getting there. No Way Home felt more like a montage of previous films than a story of its own, but I'll give it a 2nd try at some point. I enjoyed Shang-Chi the first time, but I attempted to re-watch it and only made it halfway through. I'll probably watch Eternals again because it's hard to believe it's as lackluster as it seemed from my first viewing.

On 7/8/2022 at 9:51 AM, dikran1 said:

So much negativity... it was fun, I loved it. 

Good you enjoyed it.

But the perceived negativity is most probably steady frustration with the Phase IV rollout, movies and TV shows. All the Disney+ shows are extended movies spread over 6-8 episodes on average, and the movies are trying too hard to expand beyond the traditional mold. Though I enjoyed Hawkeye and most of Loki. And I am someone that truly enjoys Thor (2011), Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1.

So it comes down to that, and not negativity for the sake of being pre-disappointed. Hang in there, though. There has to be a light at the end of the tunnel going into Phase V.

On 7/8/2022 at 12:50 PM, D84 said:

Black Widow has issues with acts 1, 2 & 3.

Black Widow is like a nice new shiny sportscar except once you get in, you realize the engine has major problems and doesn't even run. Such a waste of Taskmaster. 

On 7/8/2022 at 7:54 PM, Lpgk said:

Black Widow is like a nice new shiny sportscar except once you get in, you realize the engine has major problems and doesn't even run. Such a waste of Taskmaster. 

But the special effects make it feel so real.

I’m just sitting through the trailers and it was pretty good.  Decent amount of laughs and flowed pretty well.  Nothing really that needs to be seen in a theater but it should stream well.  B- grade from me.