• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR 4: LOVE AND THUNDER directed by Taika Waititi (11/5/21)
9 9

960 posts in this topic

On 7/10/2022 at 5:39 PM, Artboy99 said:

I never read the Jane Foster story, I may have to but I assume it isn't anything as cheesy as this Jean Claude Van Dam "pose"? :facepalm:

Image70.jpg

The Jason Aaron run is worth the read.

On 7/10/2022 at 1:29 PM, fantastic_four said:

Does the girl have a comic counterpart?

Current spec is that it's Singularity from A-Force. The Hans variant has popped a bit this week. I believe they said it's a new character though, not based on any comic character. 

I was a little disappointed to see her at the end wielding Stormbreaker. Was hoping they'd introduce Beta Ray Bill in some fashion, maybe one of those alien kids sans the axe. 

On 7/10/2022 at 7:09 PM, paperheart said:

the last line is depressing but true

super hero fatigue has really kicked in for me-I'm fine just watching anything else Marvel does at home when it is available to stream. (and only then if nothing else new and fresh isn't on) I MIGHT go see Quantum Mania when it is released, I did see Dr. Strange 2 also, though parts of it were pretty cringy to me.  

On 7/11/2022 at 5:59 AM, piper said:

The Jason Aaron run is worth the read.

Understatement.  It's excellent.  :smile:

On 7/11/2022 at 12:39 AM, Artboy99 said:

I never read the Jane Foster story, I may have to but I assume it isn't anything as cheesy as this Jean Claude Van Dam "pose"? :facepalm:

Image70.jpg

They could at least have had Chris try one of these instead ...

David-Lee-Roth-Jump.jpg

On 7/11/2022 at 8:19 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

"All" definitely don't. Marvel is at the top of their game when drama and humor are perfectly balanced (as all things should be).

It’s surely tough to get a perfect balance, which has only been done a couple of times. I think anyone who sees this movie will laugh, but not as the director/producers expected. 

I also have to bring up what a disappointment Russell Crowe was. He’s one of my favorite actors, and his role could have been played by any b-list actor. The use of the word “orgy” several times was overkill as well. 

On 7/10/2022 at 8:14 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Seriously, though, a minute or two is all he really needs.

Maybe mom (unless Taika's Asgardians do it differently) takes the other shift, and it happened during changeover.

I wonder if the kid refers to Sif as "Aunt." 

I wonder if Heimdall refers to Sif as "sis."

It's evident that Thor is a throw away character in Disney's eyes. Not good enough to be on his own, too boring to bring in real money so the keys have been handed to a clown to create buzz, make the character relatable and bring some money.

They would never allow him to do this with a main character like Iron Man or Captain America.

This is the Disney way.

On 7/11/2022 at 3:35 PM, Bosco685 said:

I was wondering where Gorr's scars came from, and this video explaining a deleted scene showing him scratching off the religious tattoos he had at the beginning of the film makes complete sense.  Why wouldn't they explain that in some alternate way if they were going to delete that scene?  doh!