• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR 4: LOVE AND THUNDER directed by Taika Waititi (11/5/21)
9 9

960 posts in this topic

At least with Thor: The Dark World you can point to all the director churn that took place at the time - and also screenwriters they went through.

• Kenneth Branagh (poor coordination on schedules)
  • Brian Kirk (contract differences)
  • Patty Jenkins (creative differences)
  • Daniel Minahan (passed)
  • Alan Taylor (finalist)

Fun times!

On 8/5/2022 at 11:31 AM, ashsaytr said:

Haven't seen L&T yet... my boy pretty much gave the same review as everyone else here :facepalm:... however Ragnarök was fun and I enjoyed it... minus The Executioner story line of the story... that could have been dumped... that was just awful.

Just asking out of curiosity, wondering if you agree: Would you say that Ragnarok is fun and enjoyable despite being a mostly poor representation of Thor and his mythos?

Yes... considering I don't take the deep dive into these movies as some folks do.  They are movies based on comics, graphic novels, ect.  Everything is taken with a grain of salt and filtered through rose-colored lenses.  I have enjoyed the MCU's set up of their universe, what I would consider mostly good movies and a couple throw aways.  What I do dislike is the attempt to cram the biggest story lines into a movie or every other movie... Dark Phoenix, Death of Superman, Venom into S-3, Dr Doom (every single time), heck the Flashpoint Paradox (which was done fantastic in the animated movie).  Even Ragnarök was based on the entire Planet Hulk run.  This movie only really scratched the surface of that, which was a waste because now it makes it difficult to reapproach that story.  I enjoyed the story line (what we got of it)...  the character interactions, the action and the humor... it all seemed to balance out.  But I also enjoyed Thor 2... Ironman 3 and the extended version of the Watchmen, so my opinion may just sux! :banana:

On 8/5/2022 at 6:47 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Just asking out of curiosity, wondering if you agree: Would you say that Ragnarok is fun and enjoyable despite being a mostly poor representation of Thor and his mythos?

I will take your word for it. I really enjoyed Ragnarok having never read Thor. It was Batman, Iron Man and Hulk for me growing up. And X-Men.

this hung on better than anticipated given the mediocre critical response

Overseas,#ThorLoveAndThunderDisney_Thor2_ThorLoveAndThunder_2022.png grossed 4.9M on 7th weekend over 49 markets, -20.1% drop from last wknd,for a 405M intl cume. Allied to 332.1M in the US #BoxOffice,Thor hits a 737.1M Global cume,beating #F9’s 726.2M #10 highest grossing film of pandemic Eyeing a 755M-760M Global run

On 8/22/2022 at 5:01 AM, paperheart said:

Overseas,#ThorLoveAndThunderDisney_Thor2_ThorLoveAndThunder_2022.png grossed 4.9M on 7th weekend over 49 markets, -20.1% drop from last wknd,for a 405M intl cume. Allied to 332.1M in the US #BoxOffice,Thor hits a 737.1M Global cume,beating #F9’s 726.2M #10 highest grossing film of pandemic Eyeing a 755M-760M Global run

It sits in with its contemporaries.  The bar is pretty low across the board right now, 

On 8/21/2022 at 12:01 PM, paperheart said:

Can somebody please finally give this guy the memo that this "stat" isn't a thing ? :shiftyeyes:

-J.

I was always going to wait for this to come to D+, no way was I taking out a small mortgage to watch it at the cinema. But now having re-watched every MCU movie and series recently I can't wait for this to land just for something new. I don't care if any of you think less of me for that, even though in most instances it would put me in minus figures!

On 8/22/2022 at 6:26 PM, Boozad said:

I was always going to wait for this to come to D+, no way was I taking out a small mortgage to watch it at the cinema. But now having re-watched every MCU movie and series recently I can't wait for this to land just for something new. I don't care if any of you think less of me for that, even though in most instances it would put me in minus figures!

I’m looking forward to seeing this too. But I can wait. Maverick was a must-see in theaters but Thor will be on my small screen.

Curious about seeing L&T a second time, this time in a controlled environment. I saw it in the theater with friends, and the sound mix was a little off, and the projection not great. My wife didn't get to see it, so I know she's looking forward to it. We'll see how it holds up. I certainly didn't hate it as much as a lot of folks seemed to, but it didn't make much of an impression either. We'll see if the parts I found amusing the first time hold up for the second.