• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,896 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Peter G said:

I was being a bit facetious with the 250-300k estimate but I do feel it would have gone higher if it was later in the auction.  It was too early. People weren’t sure what to make of this promise pedigree. 

Yeah, the $250K to $300K mark would definitely have been a bit of a stretch, as I feel that the $150K to $200K price range is much more realistic for the AA 61 given the results for some of the other later non-classic cover Promise Collection books that we have seen.  (thumbsu

12 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Not from my own personal POV as per a post I had made in the other thread since I thought bidders did not yet have a chance to "feel out" the auction at such an early stage, along with another boardie's response:  hm  (shrug)

That's a really interesting perspective you and @Peter G posted. The evidence certainly seems to back it up.

2 hours ago, october said:

Whoa. Very strong price on the 7.0 Subby 32. 

Still nowhere close to the long awaited and much deserved $50,400 for the absolutely gorgeous Subby 13, as per my post in the other thread:  :luhv:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, they just finished the Subby run and looks like this classic bondage/snake cover issue here outperformed all of the other issues by a wide margin at just over $50K, and from my own personal point of view, long time coming and much deserved since most of the focus has tended to been on Subby 11:  :luhv:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/sub-mariner-comics-13-the-promise-collection-pedigree-timely-1944-cgc-nm-96-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7244-93153.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Archive-ThisAuction-120115

lf?set=path%5B2%2F4%2F0%2F7%2F6%2F24076064%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

1 hour ago, comicnoir said:

I hear ya. Best cover of the run. I get offers on mine through Heritage, and I expect more now.

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

I owned a copy ... it's a book you usually only get to own once ... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

53 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

I tallied it up at $7,020,840 just for the first session. Median price since Jimbo mentioned it was a whopping $25,200. Remember that simply means half of them went for more than the median, half for less.

That's very, very close to what the Berk sale yielded.

9 minutes ago, adamstrange said:
1 hour ago, Scrooge said:

I tallied it up at $7,020,840 just for the first session. Median price since Jimbo mentioned it was a whopping $25,200. Remember that simply means half of them went for more than the median, half for less.

Except it was the entirety of the Berk collection. This is the tip of the iceberg.

6 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

From what I know, most of the berk books mostly went up in value when they resold.  I’ll be curious to see if the same pattern holds true for the Promise Collection when they come back

5 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

From what I know, most of the berk books mostly went up in value when they resold.  I’ll be curious to see if the same pattern holds true for the Promise Collection when they come back

That's uniformly been the case for the Church copies.  Not sure it was true of the lower grade and  non-ped copies.

12 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I certainly hope so.  I tied myself in knots trying to avoid hitting the BID button and succeeded for the most part.  Unfortunately, my index finger slipped outta the knot twice.

image.png.6e6cb578efa1926a539a4dc9011ae810.png

12 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Except it was the entirety of the Berk collection. This is the tip of the iceberg.

That might be a Titanic understatement.

Edited by Cat-Man_America

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

this auction is defying all logic imo

I would tend to agree with this, especially from my perspective which is someone that has been out of the loop for a long period of time.  But how many times have we said this after an auction over the last 15 years?  And the market continues to march upward. I am truly in awe. 

2 minutes ago, stagedoorjohnny said:

I would tend to agree with this, especially from my perspective which is someone that has been out of the loop for a long period of time.  But how many times have we said this after an auction over the last 15 years?  And the market continues to march upward. I am truly in awe. 

We’ve never seen so many books closing 200-500% above perceived fmv. And the reg session (4) is full of very low, less than stellar results. I’d say session 4 is comic book collectors and session 3 was …well, I can’t even speculate. But surely wasn’t long time comic collectors. 

2 hours ago, szav said:

I think close to a half mil for a non marvel/timely/DC is a better story.  Does the PL 17 now at least temporarily hold the title for highest price on a non marvel/timely/DC?

The PL 17 4.5 also went for a strong price...

Edited by piper

10 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

We’ve never seen so many books closing 200-500% above perceived fmv. And the reg session (4) is full of very low, less than stellar results. I’d say session 4 is comic book collectors and session 3 was …well, I can’t even speculate. But surely wasn’t long time comic collectors. 

Which results did you feel were very low? I had to leave the house and haven't looked over that session.