• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
6 6

473 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2022 at 8:04 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

You and I may be running on parallel paths

:makepoint: Stop it Clark you are not going anywhere :flamethrower:This is the only thing that keeps you busy and relaxed and fun just like me. I love to see my books and money would only be spent on food and Drinks. I say comic books are a huge part of my life and having reprints just don't cut the mustard :cheers:. If we don't have things to enjoy than what do, we have :nyah:

On 2/5/2022 at 5:25 PM, woowoo said:

:makepoint: Stop it Clark you are not going anywhere :flamethrower:This is the only thing that keeps you busy and relaxed and fun just like me. I love to see my books and money would only be spent on food and Drinks. I say comic books are a huge part of my life and having reprints just don't cut the mustard :cheers:. If we don't have things to enjoy than what do, we have :nyah:

Totally agree! Who needs food, Drinks and mustard anyway?

On 2/5/2022 at 11:25 AM, woowoo said:

You’re right Harold. 

Not Gold, but there is always one or two issues from this era that makes it into these gold discussion auction Threads when they bring very high prices.

Any guesses on this one? Only 2 in this grade 500 or so in 9.8. Should be on a par with Ghost Rider and TMNT who undoubtedly were inspired by this hence the Teenage in their name (crossed with X-Men, the other most popular title at the time). Book is finally getting its due recently and 'holding'

RADA1CF32022112_10223-1.jpg

On 2/13/2022 at 12:39 AM, Gotham Kid said:

if that book hits 5 or 6 figures I'll drink myself to death ...

Well, since we all know what happened with a CGC 9.9 graded copy of Transformers 1 and DC Comics Presents 26 is both an even earlier and bigger key, all I can say is that I hope all of your affairs are in order and you have brought your will up-to-date.  lol

On 2/13/2022 at 2:01 AM, Gotham Kid said:

I was successful in removing this painful memory, I somehow attributed hammer price to Megan Fox's phone number written on first page.

Thanks for having brought the haunting back.

The saddest part of the Transformers story is I don’t have a copy to sell to the underbidder :cry:

On 2/12/2022 at 3:30 PM, sagii said:

Not Gold, but there is always one or two issues from this era that makes it into these gold discussion auction Threads when they bring very high prices.

Any guesses on this one? Only 2 in this grade 500 or so in 9.8. Should be on a par with Ghost Rider and TMNT who undoubtedly were inspired by this hence the Teenage in their name (crossed with X-Men, the other most popular title at the time). Book is finally getting its due recently and 'holding'

A most unattractive and unappealing book. Who cares if it's a 9.9?

I don't get it.  (shrug)

If the farmer puts lipstick on his pig, it's still a pig. 

On 2/13/2022 at 7:00 PM, G-G © ® ™ said:

A most unattractive and unappealing book. Who cares if it's a 9.9?

I don't get it.  (shrug)

If the farmer puts lipstick on his pig, it's still a pig. 

Yes it is unattractive and unappealing. But it's the first Raven.........and the rest. 

On 2/14/2022 at 1:37 AM, Professor K said:

Yes it is unattractive and unappealing. But it's the first Raven.........and the rest. 

Yes, I didn't mean to be critical of  collectors who like these books, I just don't like them myself. They seem devoid of the character and aesthetic charisma that I get out of GA books, but we like what we like I guess.

I should be grateful that people chase these books, less competition for GA gems.

On 2/12/2022 at 10:30 AM, sagii said:

It looks like the upper right-hand corner might have gotten a little smooshed from slabbing, so I don't think it's a 9.9 anymore. It also has a slightly crooked cut, and I didn't think that was allowed in 9.9.