• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
6 6

473 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2022 at 2:25 PM, LDarkseid1 said:
On 2/28/2022 at 2:09 PM, Dark Knight said:

Suspense 3 just jumped BIG to two hundred eleven thousand $$$ :whatthe:

Wowzas!

Just checked the bidding history and it looks like the book jumped from $151K up to $211K with 7 additional bids in less than a minute.  :whatthe:

Looks like somebody is trying to go on a preliminary fishing trip to see if they can scope out the high bid from their competitor.  hm

On 2/28/2022 at 7:30 PM, szav said:

Another book, seemingly not as rare, but that you don't see at auction ever, the Marvel Mystery #4 CGC 7.5 at 140K, equally stunning to me

The Suspense #3 will easily eclipse the 9.0 sale a few years ago.  Had to bow out of the bidding after it reached the $150k mark.  Damn those crypto guys. :censored:

On 2/28/2022 at 9:30 PM, szav said:

Another book, seemingly not as rare, but that you don't see at auction ever, the Marvel Mystery #4 CGC 7.5 at 140K, equally stunning to me

I know. Great book, but come on. I wonder if the bidders understand this isn’t the first nazi swastika cover, despite the claim written on the label.

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 3/1/2022 at 4:49 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I know. Great book, but come on. I wonder if the bidders understand this isn’t the first nazi swastika cover, despite the claim written on the label.

It is the first Nazi flag cover.  Key word being flag.  The first swastika cover is Top Notch 2 which is also available in this auction.  And quite the bargain comparitively. :baiting:

On 3/1/2022 at 8:34 AM, mikefeen said:

It is the first Nazi flag cover.  Key word being flag.  The first swastika cover is Top Notch 2 which is also available in this auction.  And quite the bargain comparitively. :baiting:

I get it.  Key word being flag. To me, its misleading. A less informed reader will see the notation and say "cool, first swastika on a cover".

On 2/28/2022 at 11:06 PM, mstrange said:

The Suspense #3 will easily eclipse the 9.0 sale a few years ago.  Had to bow out of the bidding after it reached the $150k mark.  Damn those crypto guys. :censored:

It already has since the CL copy is now sitting at $211K with still another couple of days to go, while Magik's CBCS 9.0 graded Pennsylvania copy only managed to fetched $173,275 back in 2015.  :gossip:

The question is will it be able to take out the CBCS 9.2 graded Church copy that sold for $262,900 back in 2017, which I think it will most likely do without not too much problem at all. :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/1/2022 at 10:25 AM, lou_fine said:

It already has since the CL copy is now sitting at $211K with still another couple of days to go, while Magik's CBCS 9.0 graded Pennsylvania copy only managed to fetched $173,275 back in 2015.  :gossip:

The question is will it be able to take out the CBCS 9.2 graded Church copy that sold for $262,900 back in 2017, which I think it will most likely do without not too much problem at all. :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

Interesting, both Ped copies in a CBCS slab. Wonder what they would do now if sold, considering what this 6.5 copy is doing.