• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don Rosa Poll - Pedigree or Collection?

Don Rosa Poll - Pedigree or Collection  

630 members have voted

1. 1. Don Rosa Poll - Pedigree or Collection

497 posts in this topic

and I didnt read the out of control posts that got pulled. did you? were they that bad? Im just responding to yet another FDQ exit that has so many here crying in guilt and shame because he draws comics and has a killer collection. Sure its a shame he ran off, but, that was his choice. Go find out which chatr board he likes and talk to him over there.

Since you are so sick of it please ignore it.

Why are you crusading for Chaos and an anything goes style.

I'll be sure to trash any thread I think you are starting to like.

Thats not my point at all. I dont like the silly graemlin wars etc either. But cmon. big deal.

It turned out to be a bid deal yes.

In case you haven't realized it yet, I've been upset about this for over a day now.

Since Rosa is gone why don't we let this thread die.

Mica, If all of us here can steer around the stupid posts and battles and hissy fits and name calling (hi deathlok!) why cant a newcomer do it too? I enjoyed this thread too, talking about the Pedigree and his storage efforts etc. And it was nice to have him here to answer questions. Awesome whil eit lasted.

And I didnt run him off, so dont be mad at me.

I'm disappointed and mad - - Rosa has let me down.

screwy.gif No, the boards let Don Rosa down. What's weird is that the 2 members who really derailed the thread are normally pretty good members here.

Now that I think about it, we probably should have steered Don over to the SA or BA forums, away from the craziness that is the General forum these days.

yep.

maybe he'll be back for the "Special Guest" forum Arch is proposing?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Why the special treatment for Don Rosa?? Because he's a.... pro??? oooooohhhhhhhh

893blahblah.gif too many words...

Maybe we'd like him to hang around because has things to say that some of us would like to hear. The signal to noise ratio (does ANYONE use that phrase anymore? insane.gif) around here is pretty low most of the time. And some worthwhile Q&A with Rosa was actually taking place. For a while.

Comics General is a minefield and anybody who wants a serious discussion should look elsewhere. Period.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Enough with the righteous indignation, already. yeahok.gif

Comics General is what it is.

I agree 100% Goldy...A leopard never changes its spots.

And on that note, maybe now is the right time to introduce... Leopard-man

LeopardMan-2002-02-16-1624-06.jpg

(fans may recognise him from his previous sell-out tour as "Naked Spider-man)

Comics General is a minefield and anybody who wants a serious discussion should look elsewhere. Period.

What? I wasn't around last night for it.

It was a good discussion at one point. Now, once again, we've driven away someone who could really provide good insights. Same thing happened with Bob Beerbohm (sp?). I spoke with him last year in Philly and he gave basically the same reasons as Don did for leaving. confused-smiley-013.gif

Enough with the comments of people that can't handle some indignation. yeahok.gif

Wanna keep going?

What? I wasn't around last night for it.

It was a good discussion at one point. Now, once again, we've driven away someone who could really provide good insights. Same thing happened with Bob Beerbohm (sp?). I spoke with him last year in Philly and he gave basically the same reasons as Don did for leaving. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not aimed at you really, Chris. Yours was a measured response. I agree, what happened was a shame, but steps can be taken, and it doesn't require everybody to weigh in with a sanctimonious comment, especially those who haven't contributed much either - we get the point, and who here hasn't lost their rag at some time on this Forum?

Besides, Bob Beerbohm conducted a lengthy flame and graemlin - free discussion exclusively in the Gold Forum, where he was treated with the requisite deference, and not Comics General.

Enough with the comments of people that can't handle some indignation. yeahok.gif

Wanna keep going?

Of course. We're achieving so much here. yeahok.gif

I agree 100% Goldy...A leopard never changes its spots.

And on that note, maybe now is the right time to introduce... Leopard-man

LeopardMan-2002-02-16-1624-06.jpg

(fans may recognise him from his previous sell-out tour as "Naked Spider-man)

I recognize him 'cause you NEVER stopped showing that damn picture on these boards!!!! sumo.gif27_laughing.gif