• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don Rosa Poll - Pedigree or Collection?

Don Rosa Poll - Pedigree or Collection  

630 members have voted

1. 1. Don Rosa Poll - Pedigree or Collection

497 posts in this topic

So when did everyone decide it was fine to trash this thread?

I was glad to see Don Rosa here, but I guess............

As far as I can tell it happened about half way through the thread when people started debating whether Rosa's books were a "Collection" or a "Pedigree". Two board members got a bit carried away and chaos reigned.

Sadly, I think Don may no longer post on the boards becuase of this thread.

I think Don is loving the speculation, though.

yeahok.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

do you like Gladiator movies?

I liked Gladiator but the early ones were so poorly done that I was never that interested. Why, do you?

I have no idea what you mean....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, you asked if I like gladiator movies, I gave my answer. Now unless your question had some kind of hidden meaning I don't see what's so difficult to understand.

do you like Gladiator movies?

I liked Gladiator but the early ones were so poorly done that I was never that interested. Why, do you?

I have no idea what you mean....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, you asked if I like gladiator movies, I gave my answer. Now unless your question had some kind of hidden meaning I don't see what's so difficult to understand.

You've never seen the movie Airplane, have you. foreheadslap.gif He was quoting from the movie. It wasn't a real question.

What's the significance of the quote from the movie? confused-smiley-013.gif

He butchered the quote, but the real quote is from when the little boy Joey is visiting Captain Oveur in the cockpit and Captain Oveur asks Joey whether he likes movies about Gladiators.

He butchered the quote, but the real quote is from when the little boy Joey is visiting Captain Oveur in the cockpit and Captain Oveur asks Joey whether he likes movies about Gladiators.

Did you ever hang around a gymnasium?

Well tell him I'm married and I'm not a little boy and that's just not my thing. He needs to go to another board for that kind of action I would imagine.

you cant be serious!!! (thats another quote: a genuine no-prize to whomever gets it first.)

anyway, it wasnt butchered. as a matter of fact its on TV right as we speak. "Billy, Do you like Gladiator movies" right after he asked the little boy visting the cockpit: "Billy, have you ever seen a grown man naked?? (no mention of gymnasiums...)

butcherd??? or just truncated to its essence? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, I gave it another two days, like I said, but it takes too much time to sift through all this stuff and find only nonsense messages or bickering. (And a few pertinent questions, hope I didn't miss any in all the clutter!) But this isn't my forum, so people can post any kinda messages they want, it's none of my bizniz. But I have too much other stuff I need to be doing. Thought I was needed here, but I'm deleting the link from my desktop as of now.

Anyone needs anything can always contact me directly.

Thanks! Bye!

Don,

Wow, what a disappointment that you're leaving. I hope to chat with you when I run into you at a show sometime... Could have been a valuable contributor, but people don't know when to leave the bickering behind because a lot of creators have better things to do with their time than read through back and forth nonsense...

Thanks for what you did contribute.