• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don Rosa Poll - Pedigree or Collection?

Don Rosa Poll - Pedigree or Collection  

630 members have voted

1. 1. Don Rosa Poll - Pedigree or Collection

497 posts in this topic

If you don't care for Don Rosa, why are you even bothering with this thread?

I never said I didn't like him... I'm just asking if anyone here has ever spoken with Don Rosa. Have you?

I met him briefly in Baltimore....he was at the next table to Paul's (Toon Tumblers). He signed a couple copies of Life & Times of Scrooge McDuck for me. No major impression about him either way. From observation, he certainly seemed patient enough and appreciative enough of the fans that came up to talk to him. confused-smiley-013.gif

I think that is is a shame how this thread turned out. Don Rosa made an appearance, and commented on the inteligence level of the board members, and said that he would check in in a couple of days. THAT WAS EVERYONE'S CHANCE to act civilized, and ask proper questions and have a proper debate about this thread. But No. Even after his warning, not one post was about what this thread was supposed to be about. Now, he's gone. If you wern't interested in this topic, why post. screwy.gif

I'm disappointed and mad - - Rosa has let me down.

screwy.gif No, the boards let Don Rosa down. What's weird is that the 2 members who really derailed the thread are normally pretty good members here.

Now that I think about it, we probably should have steered Don over to the SA or BA forums, away from the craziness that is the General forum these days.

Now that I think about it, we probably should have steered Don over to the SA or BA forums, away from the craziness that is the General forum these days.

Absolutely. Comics General has always been a difficult place to maintain a sensible debate. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What do you think? Is the self-proclaimed Don Rosa collection a pedigree?

Don Rosa Poll - Pedigree or Collection?

You know it's funny, this thread has taken on a life of it's own that I had forgotten how it got started. I was thinking that it started out as a Don Rosa chat session type thread which would have explained why some people were so angry about the direction it took, but it actually started out as a poll about whether his comics were a collection or a pedigree that became a discussion and debate that Don Rosa graciously joined and then a heated discussion with a couple of people really getting into it. Then all hell broke loose and then it just kind of petered out towards the end with what seems like a lot of bad feelings. Anyway it's interesting to go back and look at the poll again.

hi.gif

Thanks to everyone who is making meaningful, coherent comments in this thread.

The rest of you, please knock it off. sumo.gif

Even if he doesn't weigh in on the pedigree vs collection aspect of the debate, I thought it was terrific that Don was here and was directly answering questions about his collectigree.

I hope when things quiet down he will return and offer more info! gossip.gif

It truly is sad that a thread that could have been so worthwhile and educating turned out the way it did. Why does anybody stay in a hobby when they have nothing positive to say about it or contribute to it. The cynicism of these boards begins to take a toll on you after a while doesn't it?

Jim

gawd, I am sick of all this self flaggellation over the great Don Rosa. Its like Kramer and the monkee he had to apologize to. Why is anyone here to blame for anything? If Rosa likes a different kind of conversational feel, like personal emails, then so be it.

He was the outsider here. Many of you have been here for years. But suddenly some of you feel like you screwed up some great irreplaceable opportunityu here - - like we were supposed to put on our Sunday best, clean our noses and speak quieltly, and one at a time... and, silliest of all, only ask pertinent questions that suit our esteemed guest, or, discuss intelligently and respectfully about his almighty funnybook collection??

I cant believe what you are going an about. Are we all here by his leave??? Dont we always advise newcomers to settle in, adjust to the norms etc etc and not flt off the handle and take the FDQ exit when they dont like what they see at first??

Why the special treatment for Don Rosa?? Because he's a.... pro??? oooooohhhhhhhh

Since you are so sick of it please ignore it.

Why are you crusading for Chaos and an anything goes style.

I'll be sure to trash any thread I think you are starting to like.

Since you are so sick of it please ignore it.

Why are you crusading for Chaos and an anything goes style.

I'll be sure to trash any thread I think you are starting to like.

Thats not my point at all. I dont like the silly graemlin wars etc either. But cmon. big deal.