• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don Rosa Poll - Pedigree or Collection?

Don Rosa Poll - Pedigree or Collection  

630 members have voted

1. 1. Don Rosa Poll - Pedigree or Collection

497 posts in this topic

>>>>I appreciate the time you took answering my fan-letter I wrote back in 2000.

Thanks for dropping in.

No problem -- I answer 100% of the e-mail & mail I get (from all corners of the world), have dunnit for 18 years now... which is one reason I don't have time to keep reading whatever it is that's going on in this thread, which I still haven't quite figgered out but which is certainly not what I expected.

I'll see ya' around (somewhere else)! Bye!

What a joke and waste of time this turned out to be. An opportunity lost for meaningful dialogue. All due to senseless drivel.

I was under the impression the "community" was interested in moving the hobby in a positive direction. Out from under the stigmatism of immature comic-book reading kid stuff, to an intelligent, respected, engaging national pastime. Evidently the notion is nothing more then pipedream perspective.

What a joke and waste of time this turned out to be. An opportunity lost for meaningful dialogue. All due to senseless drivel.<BR><BR>

I was under the impression the "community" was interested in moving the hobby in a positive direction. Out from under the stigmatism of immature comic-book reading kid stuff, to an intelligent, respected, engaging national pastime. Evidently the notion is nothing more then pipedream perspective.<P></P>

What are you talking about? How was a conversation about Don Rosa's supposed "pedigreed" collection moving the hobby anywhere?

>>>>I appreciate the time you took answering my fan-letter I wrote back in 2000.

Thanks for dropping in.

No problem -- I answer 100% of the e-mail & mail I get (from all corners of the world), have dunnit for 18 years now... which is one reason I don't have time to keep reading whatever it is that's going on in this thread, which I still haven't quite figgered out but which is certainly not what I expected.

gee, Don. Not to add fuel to your fire, but give us a break. Either you like talking to people who appreciate your hobby, and are probably buying your comics....and are curious to ask question directly to you about it, or youre just too dammm busy to bother just cause there are some here in the crowd (and this is a party where people come and go, posting what they want) wjod rather have what they call fun.

I dont like that [embarrassing lack of self control] either. Most of us dont. But there's plenty worthwhile in spite of the time wasting shenanigans that go on between IMPORTANT posts. So I hope youre just pissed at Disney or something that caused you to post such a condescending FDQ-type exit post.

think about it - - you dont wanna come here anymore cause you were talking about you and others kept interrupting! for shame!

Thanks for dropping in.

gee, Don. Not to add fuel to your fire, but give us a break. Either you like talking to people who appreciate your hobby, and are probably buying your comics....and are curious to ask question directly to you about it, or youre just too dammm busy to bother just cause there are some here in the crowd (and this is a party where people come and go, posting what they want) wjod rather have what they call fun.

I dont like that [embarrassing lack of self control] either. Most of us dont. But there's plenty worthwhile in spite of the time wasting shenanigans that go on between IMPORTANT posts. So I hope youre just pissed at Disney or something that caused you to post such a condescending FDQ-type exit post.

think about it - - you dont wanna come here anymore cause you were talking about you and others kept interrupting! for shame!

You gotta be kidding me? foreheadslap.gif

You can't blame Don for opting out given what happened on this thread. He obviously enjoys communicating to people who appreciate his work (and his books) as he says he responds to every letter and email he gets, but it's pretty clear he quickly realized it is not an efficient use of his time to wade through 20+ pages of a flame war and other blather to read the few posts that were actually directed at/to him. The board is what it is and most of the regular posters accept that, but you shouldn't hold it against others if they don't care for the board-culture, and therefore, choose not to participate. 893naughty-thumb.gif

think about it.. how else can a free for all type message board like this operate? Of course by definition there will be comedic interruptions in ANY discussion since we are all just flinging ideas and comments at the wall where they all stick! In sequence. Are we supposed to hold our thoughts from straying like were are in a college lecture? Should there be rules of decorum when "important guests" arrive? It just plays out as it will.

When Neal Adams showed up with his enlarging Earth theory, that discussion lasted quite awhile in the midst of frivolous posts.... Guess it was more interesting than what kind of cardboard he uses for boxes.

I'm disappointed and mad - - Rosa has let me down.

I'm changing my vote to Collection from Pedigree!!!

the heck with Don Rosa!!!

Don--- if youve read this far, no hard feelings, but take a wider perspective, okay? The rules are there are no rules except no cursing and no politics.

Thanks for dropping in.

what you say may all be true. But theres no need for the slap at the end " seeya somewhere else!"

he wants to communicate in a manner HE chooses. fine, But this is how a chat board works. Or do you think we are more unorganized than other chatboard alternatives? If he merely realized he doesnt cae to communicate this way, preferring one-on-one emails Fine! But theres no reason to slam the door on our noses on the way out.

you cant be serious!!! (thats another quote: a genuine no-prize to whomever gets it first.)

well it may be from a movie also, but Johnny Mac owns that line............. sumo.gif

AND, i'm SO with Dr Banner on this one................it seems that most of the threads i go into are starting to sink to new lows.............stupid arguments that last for freakin ever, graemlin wars, or "business as usual", i suppose...... devil.gif

Thanks for dropping in.

what you say may all be true. But theres no need for the slap at the end " seeya somewhere else!"

he wants to communicate in a manner HE chooses. fine, But this is how a chat board works. Or do you think we are more unorganized than other chatboard alternatives? If he merely realized he doesnt cae to communicate this way, preferring one-on-one emails Fine! But theres no reason to slam the door on our noses on the way out.

Sensitive type, eh? poke2.gif

Sorry guys, but this was one of the more embarrassing episodes on these boards. There's a time and a place for busting balls, joking around and flame wars and this thread wasn't it.

Don Rosa has an immeasurable amount of knowledge to contribute to these boards, and I am gutted to see him go. makepoint.gif

Sorry guys, but this was one of the more embarrassing episodes on these boards. There's a time and a place for busting balls, joking around and flame wars and this post wasn't it.

Don Rosa has an immeasurable amount of knowledge to contribute to these boards, and I am gutted to see him go. makepoint.gif

Have you ever spoken with Don?

Sorry guys, but this was one of the more embarrassing episodes on these boards. There's a time and a place for busting balls, joking around and flame wars and this thread wasn't it.

Agreed. 893naughty-thumb.gif

And as a special treat for all of you who have ruined this thread and drove Don Rosa away..... a very special message of love from Penn Gillette.

Agreed. 893naughty-thumb.gif

And as a special treat for all of you who have ruined this thread and drove Don Rosa away..... a very special message of love from Penn Gillette.

Wow, are we supposed to exalt EVERY "celebrity" that comes through this way? Guess I missed the memo.

I'll ask the question of you, too:

Have you ever spoken with Don Rosa?