• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don Rosa Poll - Pedigree or Collection?

Don Rosa Poll - Pedigree or Collection  

630 members have voted

1. 1. Don Rosa Poll - Pedigree or Collection

497 posts in this topic

Steve Wyatt here again, (this is a fun board), I do agree with some of the 'collection" arguments... when you consider the 80's stuff, but I must say that those that are spacificly mentioning that this IS a large collection, and the Bronze is so strong, and so crisp and clean, have got the excitement I got when i went into the vault to see it. I mean, WOW. Over 85% of the collection (that equalled more than 15,500 total books) were VF or better...did I say 85%! And over 95% was F or better (In math terms, that leaves only 5% less than F). Wait till everyone sees what the rest of the Pedigree part of this collection intails, then I don't think this will be an issue. Thank you to everyone who has enjoyed this collection as much as I have, I hope to keep this industry Happy and Thriving! I have now spent 31 years of my life in this Wonderful World of Comics, and this has been one of the best years yet. (Remember, Don gets most the money that I have made, so I am not talking about money), I am talking about all the graet fans i have gotten to meet and talk to, and The fun and excitement of the collection itself, CGC helped a lot too, I do want to give a hat tip to Steve, Scoty, Harshin (I hope I speled that right) Mark, and the whole CGC gang. Thank you everyone.

Steve,

It's great you are coming on here and commenting. Your knowledge and information on this pedigree really add (and clarify) a lot about the discussion.

For those of you who haven't met Steve, what a great guy. Even was patient with me when I unreasonably freaked out over the delivery of my JLA 200. And in person, Steve is just so excited about the DR books it just adds to the entire excitement as well.

I hope you continue to come on and answer questions about DR, and I hope you stick around to contribute to other aspects of the comic book hobby Steve.

I love every one of my Rosa's except my B&B 95 - - possibly the worst mis-cut cover in the world that I didn't notice because of the scans. I'm just glad a reputable seller like Steve is putting these on the market. Everyone of our transactions have been excellent.

Many thanks for the warm welcome!

Here's a nice book I picked up in San Diego (COA № 0267).  One of my all-time favorites.  Excellent example of a Marvel Picture Frame masterpiece done by Gil Kane; one of the greatest Bronze Age cover men.  Love the action in Rick's power pose.  Classic Nostalgia!

avengers97.jpg

Steve Wyatt told me about this discussion. I see it's dated and any posting I make may not even be seen... but did someone still have a question about my collection? Or anything?

Yes i do. Do you have anymore high grade Batmans left? Maybe you forgot about some of them in one of your closets? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Steve Wyatt told me about this discussion. I see it's dated and any posting I make may not even be seen... but did someone still have a question about my collection? Or anything?

Sir, let me thank you personally for making your bronze collection available to the public. As a collector of high grade Marvel Pictureframe issues from the 1971-1973 era, I often have issues on my list that simply aren't available through dealers or conventions. Low print runs and general collector disdain for the romance, western, funny animal and reprint Marvel titles of the era have insured few high grade copies ever turn up.

Many of these books from your collection are not only the highest graded copy, they are often the only such copy available. Because of several purchases of 'Don Rosa' books in the last six months or so, I am that much closer to assembling my collection of all Marvel PictureFrame issues. thumbsup2.gif

Welcome to the Boards! hi.gif

I think everyone here would love to hear when you started reading, when you started "collecting" (when you started taking such great care of your books), and what books you pursued 2nd-hand to see how far back your collection extends. Looking forward to your response! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I spoke to the guy selling your books at the NYC National this past fall. He said that some of your books that were low priced items (under $10 or so) would be put up on Ebay in lots. So far I haven't seen any offered. Will this eventually happen?