• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wachowskis' THE MATRIX 4 starring Keanu Reeves (5/21/21)
4 4

462 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2021 at 8:19 AM, Sauce Dog said:

The 'real' teaser trailers are those found on the website, as you choose which to view and the footage is dynamically loaded (if you click again and try rewatching it the footage will change).

https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com

Doesn't work for me. I choose a pill and it doesn't load

On 9/9/2021 at 10:01 AM, mattn792 said:

Seems like it suffers from the same affliction as every other bad sequel ever made - let's do the same thing as the last movie, only in a slightly different format, and hope people pay to see it.

I'd have to agree - it looks like a movie that just didn't need to be made (ie cash grab).  The effects look great but it better not be hinging on the whole story being one long special effect.  All of us will see it but the preview didn't make me want to run out and reserve a seat.

On 9/9/2021 at 11:03 AM, 1Cool said:

I'd have to agree - it looks like a movie that just didn't need to be made (ie cash grab).  The effects look great but it better not be hinging on the whole story being one long special effect.  All of us will see it but the preview didn't make me want to run out and reserve a seat.

I guess it's just depends on which pill you choose to take :D

Blue Pill - Matrix Franchise ended years ago, and this is just a desperate cash grab to revive a dead franchise.
Red Pill - Give one of the best action franchises, and arguably biggest cinematic influence on the cultural zeitgeist at the time, another chance to shine.

Let's be honest I was going to see it regardless of how good or bad the trailer was... that said, this trailer rocked.  I especially liked the Jefferson Airplane song.

Can we all appreciate that the first Matrix movie exists within the Matrix as a means of control. You would be SILLY to believe in the Matrix, it was just a movie after all!

Also fun to see how anything that represents 'control' is color graded blue (Look at the therapists glasses, all the phones/ipads, AV equipment here projecting the Matrix movie etc). 

oh, and for the non-programmers here - that rubber duck isn't an accident.

E-2Ms3FX0AYZnRg.thumb.jpeg.63cbbea62219a3794ca111a390cb8585.jpeg

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 9/9/2021 at 11:07 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Can we all appreciate that the first Matrix movie exists within the Matrix as a means of control. 

The perfect way to make sure the franchise never ends.  We got a Matrix for that!

Too reminiscent of Star Wars.  We got a clone for that!