• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neil Gaiman's SANDMAN on Netflix (TBD)
7 7

506 posts in this topic

On 7/25/2022 at 3:57 PM, kimik said:

The Corinthian looks great in this latest trailer.

Good move by Netflix to get it out as soon as possible - they avoid the House of Dragons and LoTR releases later in the month. 

The LOTR looks like a lot of projects lately, no quality actors on board.   It could be another Obi Wan, once you get past Ewan McGregor, the rest is garbage.

On 7/25/2022 at 1:57 AM, kimik said:

The Corinthian looks great in this latest trailer.

Good move by Netflix to get it out as soon as possible - they avoid the House of Dragons and LoTR releases later in the month. 

Agree.  The Corinthian was the best part of that for me.  Morpheus & Desire look pretty good/close to the book.  The other characters, not so much.  

On 7/25/2022 at 8:41 PM, Microchip said:

The LOTR looks like a lot of projects lately, no quality actors on board.   It could be another Obi Wan, once you get past Ewan McGregor, the rest is garbage.

Seriously doubt it. Its the most expensive series ever made at  1b budget. The effects look awesome. Hope the story is too. Ain't gonna be no obi wan.  And no famous names doesn't mean no quality actors. The casting for Galadriel looks spot on. The Force is with the Rings. 

On 7/26/2022 at 6:37 AM, Grendel72 said:

Seriously doubt it. Its the most expensive series ever made at  1b budget. The effects look awesome. Hope the story is too. Ain't gonna be no obi wan.  And no famous names doesn't mean no quality actors. The casting for Galadriel looks spot on. The Force is with the Rings. 

I'm hoping it's fantastic to be honest.   And the Peter Jackson films set the bar high.   But the level of productions, outside of a few offerings seems to be suffering consistently across a number of studio's.   There's no momentum on quality work these days.

On 7/26/2022 at 8:41 AM, Microchip said:

I'm hoping it's fantastic to be honest.   And the Peter Jackson films set the bar high.   But the level of productions, outside of a few offerings seems to be suffering consistently across a number of studio's.   There's no momentum on quality work these days.

Yea agree with u . I'm a big fan of lotr as well as star wars but just based on following the production and other details, I sincerely believe (and hope) that it will be halfway decent. Obi wan had its moments but to me fell far short of what it could have achieved. Just glad that for lotr they are telling the story for the 2nd age which is so open to interpretation. In a similar vein, I hope one day they will make a proper series on the knights of the of the old Republic. Think fans would love that. 

On 7/26/2022 at 12:36 PM, Bosco685 said:

The more I see as a Sandman fan, the more excited I get to see this for myself.

I'm a little worried to be honest. I am not sure how well this will translate on screen. I look at the production and think it's a bit off. Maybe my expectations are too high, I just sometimes worry that Netflix has a high quality CW vibe to it to their shows. Because it's so "magical" I'm not sure how that translates on screen, whereas paper, imagination bridged that gap from words/paper to how I visualized it.

I hope that made sense

Edited by jsilverjanet