• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC announces NEW Pedigree Labels and NEW Pedigrees
3 3

213 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

Will we see classic covers get special labels?

that's up next :eyeroll:

or maybe new labels for GA, SA, BA, CA etc ...

or even GOLD labels for highest certified books, SILVER for second, BRONZE for third.

endless ... :eyeroll:

Edited by Gotham Kid

Can a submitter choose which color? If I prefer the blue label with the pedigree designation can I have that instead of the black? Or from this point forward will pedigrees automatically be given a black label?

31 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Actually we can now pick a color based on how we’re feeling that day with the new CGC color pro package now available. No longer must we feel blue when we have a rainbow of colors available to us. You can also mix and match your favorite colors with their new on demand color packages. Navy blue and orange for you, sir...:devil:

58291EE6-4C77-43A0-B549-A79169BD7C83.jpeg.520939eab8ba07055b6e02e97b5c5efb.jpeg

Egads! The very thought of this is unNerVing!  :ohnoez:

21 hours ago, sagii said:

Just got an e-mail. I'm on my way to office and starting this on my phone, which I'm not savvy enough to add links from. Maybe a Boardie here can provide that?

Exciting info , but how many of us will be resubmitting for the black labelhm

I have 25 peds - I can't get existed about shipping (which I don't particular like doing to begin with) and paying again (nuff said there). 

However, I don't mind the new separate label color (queue the debates about peds that are conserved, restored or apparent). 

I have four peds scheduled for grading now in fact, going to see if I can get them to give new label.  I have un-unslabbed Harold Curtis that I will now submit.

9 hours ago, batman_fan said:

what was the 1st?

They are offering a new service to look at an eBay auction for you and give a grade range.  It's like the can you spare a grade forum, but for $10 a pop.

9 minutes ago, path4play said:

I have 25 peds - I can't get existed about shipping (which I don't particular like doing to begin with) and paying again (nuff said there). 

However, I don't mind the new separate label color (queue the debates about peds that are conserved, restored or apparent). 

I have four peds scheduled for grading now in fact, going to see if I can get them to give new label.  I have un-unslabbed Harold Curtis that I will now submit.

Any camp books on deck ?

3 minutes ago, D84 said:

They are offering a new service to look at an eBay auction for you and give a grade range.  It's like the can you spare a grade forum, but for $10 a pop.

No xxxt?

That's wild. I'm telling you my IPG (if pressed grade)tm service is probably closer to reality than joke.

As a recap, its a +/- sign, so say for example my Rodger Dodger CGC 6.0 has an IPG +2.0. - and those collectors legitimately concerned about the "press time loss factor" (PTLF) an already pressed book gets an IPG of AP-1 aka "Already Pressed, Press Time Loss Factor = -1 yr. "

This is a pure watering down (non large, high grade only) and up as well (speaking for the Universal only) of the Pedigree label, basically, every rule they have ever made in the past was made to be broken by them for future money streams. I'm not bashing them, i'm a capitalist, but expect more (shrug) as time goes on.

As for the ebay deal - that was brilliant. Brand X has made significant inroads (and improvements lately) but this deal, which I assume is an exclusive, immediately stamps CGC as THE authority on the biggest independent marketplace on the planet (thumbsu The other guy can't make that ground up in any way at all. Great marketing coup.