• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's X-MEN film (TBD)
3 3

566 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2021 at 7:42 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The part that jumped out to me was this, which isn't relevant to Wolverine, but:

"THR learned of an instance in which the co-creator of an A-list DC character secretly maneuvered behind-the-scenes to have themselves listed as the sole creator on paper, with regard to merchandise or adaptations, cutting their partner out of payments. According to a knowledgeable source, the other co-creator only learned of this maneuvering years later when a Warner Bros. theatrical employee noticed the discrepancy ahead of the release of a movie featuring the character. (The wronged co-creator now receives payments, but is said to not be on friendly terms with their former collaborator.)"

Someone's gotta know who they're talking about. 

On 7/20/2021 at 9:53 AM, Crimebuster said:

The part that jumped out to me was this, which isn't relevant to Wolverine, but:

"THR learned of an instance in which the co-creator of an A-list DC character secretly maneuvered behind-the-scenes to have themselves listed as the sole creator on paper, with regard to merchandise or adaptations, cutting their partner out of payments. According to a knowledgeable source, the other co-creator only learned of this maneuvering years later when a Warner Bros. theatrical employee noticed the discrepancy ahead of the release of a movie featuring the character. (The wronged co-creator now receives payments, but is said to not be on friendly terms with their former collaborator.)"

Someone's gotta know who they're talking about. 

Batman. Bill Finger.

On 7/20/2021 at 10:01 AM, Crimebuster said:

Based on the info there, it seems to be people who are still alive. I'm struggling to think of A-list DC characters where that's the case though. lol

Who's A-list? The only ones I would put there are Batman and Superman, with possibly Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Green Lantern.

Hope someone comes up with the bright idea on doing this over the right way.

No empathsis on any one character, but having them as a whole, and choosing a storyline that starts the group off as an intro and expands into their ultimate confrontation (pick one)

Apocalypse 

Stryfe

Brood

Shiar

Each of course can be broken down to Maurauders, Mojoverse, Phalanx, Sentinels, team spilt offs/additions 

Cable, future storyline 

Age of Apocalypse/Alternate reality storyline

And of course multiverse storylines

Take Wolverine out of the equation, he is obviously in his own category, and maybe add him to the team if a Xmen 94 scenario arises

Here's how I think it goes down. The MCU will introduce the elder mutants either in somebody else's movie or their own thing before anything else mutant-wise, that is, Charles Xavier, Magneto, and Logan. Then Xavier will form a group of youngen mutants down the road. We will see the Shi'ar. Forget about Cable. That's just how I see it.

On 8/30/2021 at 11:59 AM, Dr. Dank said:

Hope someone comes up with the bright idea on doing this over the right way.

No empathsis on any one character, but having them as a whole, and choosing a storyline that starts the group off as an intro and expands into their ultimate confrontation (pick one)

Apocalypse 

Stryfe

Brood

Shiar

Each of course can be broken down to Maurauders, Mojoverse, Phalanx, Sentinels, team spilt offs/additions 

Cable, future storyline 

Age of Apocalypse/Alternate reality storyline

And of course multiverse storylines

Take Wolverine out of the equation, he is obviously in his own category, and maybe add him to the team if a Xmen 94 scenario arises

It would be interesting to see a slow buildup. But then that could come across as the Avengers all over again.

Not sure what 'the right way' would be, recognizing the significant impact X-Men (2000) and X2 had on the industry and comic book genre in general. These were huge hits for their time. Add to this First Class, Days of Future Past, Logan and the Deadpool films and those alone were solid films. Even with The Wolverine so much of that film captured the Frank Miller Limited Series, including the Japan backstory.

Since it is this franchise that started Kevin Feige down the path he took on even before Spider-Man, these films hold a special place for him. I'm going to assume X-Men and Fantastic Four is going to get plenty of his creative attention. So being a hardcore comic book geek he will do all he can to make these sing.

On 8/30/2021 at 11:05 PM, Larryw7 said:

Even X-MEN 3 was a huge financial success even though it isn't highly regarded by fans.

Once my older brother pointed out that it went from broad daylight to pitch-black night while they were on the bridge, I can't unsee it...

On 8/31/2021 at 6:43 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Once my older brother pointed out that it went from broad daylight to pitch-black night while they were on the bridge, I can't unsee it...

He was noting the box office success. Not how we like or dislike a given movie.

:foryou:

Even X-MEN 3 was a huge financial success even though it isn't highly regarded by fans.

It is incredible despite Fox executive studio leadership tampering how many of these films were financial successes (2.2X +).

Xmen_Franchise210831.thumb.png.37e2bb90a208d8cf8456a8863ae2320d.png

On 8/31/2021 at 9:33 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

:baiting:

But I get your focus fixated on the latter part of the statement

:foryou: