• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics 359
2 2

349 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

As you correctly noted, J_O here is impugning your character, from a position of ignorance, suggesting that you 1. had the notes, and 2. purposely left them out because it didn't support your position (which you haven't even taken.) This is a great example of the impetuous childishness of the main CBCS forum moderator, and the reason why the board has the tone that it does: Jesse_O fits in well with the other children.

Also as you correctly note, anyone with a serial number can find out when a book was graded...but notes have to be purchased by anyone who isn't the submitter.

Indeed.

I am going to chalk it up to a misunderstanding and leave it at that since it is his and my first interaction with one another. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

I am going to chalk it up to a misunderstanding and leave it at that since it is his and my first interaction with one another. 

They use white boards now no chalk.

Just now, kav said:

They use white boards now no chalk.

They could have used the $15/month vbulletin software and had a better structured forum. 

https://www.vbulletin.com/

For the CBCS lurkers... 

Seriously... it is quite a hodgepodge... there is a decent amount of useful information concerning the hobby over there... but you REALLY have to go digging for it.

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Seriously... it is quite a hodgepodge

They dont use hodgepodges any more-it's called a mixed bag

16 minutes ago, Tedsaid said:

It's not statistically insignificant if the three things are correlated.  Which they are, of course.  Someone spots what they think is one type of resto they are much more likely to think there are other types.  And besides that, even if you think it ridiculous, it must then be equally ridiculous that CBCS MISSED "three different types of restoration."  Those are the only two choices, after all.

Unless you think someone cracked a 9.2 $10,000 comic, used color touch, tear seals on tears that aren't there, and trimmed a perfect cover edge, just to send it in to CGC and hope they wouldn't detect it?  I think we can all agree, that is the most absurd scenario.  Which pretty much only leaves: either CBCS was wrong, or CGC was.  I think, of the two, it's more likely CGC was careless.  You think otherwise.  That's fine.  I'm not gonna make it out to be some moral issue like you did.  Agree to disagree, even when you are wrong.

Also, my opinion isn't that CGC missed restoration ... it's that they saw restoration that isn't there.  Are you still not getting that?  I don't know how to say it more plainly.

I remember you now.  You're the one who wrote pages and pages about how eBay sellers who put "not CGC" in their listings are morally bankrupt scoundrels who will bring about the end of civilization, right?  Yeah, I remember.  I thought that was a bit excessive.  I particularly liked how you could never let a single issue go, no matter how wrong you were.  In fact, the more wrong, the more likely you were to defend your posts to the nth degree.  It was ... tiring.  But hey, looks like they let you back in here!  Congrats!

How is it CGC doesn't tolerate snarky?  Please explain.  Because I've read the posts, and I'm pretty sure that's another lie.  Or "a-lie-but-not-on-purpose."

Listen...I've been pretty patient and reasonable with you. I've not risen to your bait, and you've certainly made some unnecessary comments. I've given you the benefit of the doubt, and even conceded a point when an interpretation of mine wasn't quite accurate (but also wasn't that far off, either.)

But if you think that coming to the CGC board to defend your suggestion that you think CGC is so grossly incompetent...with a "greater than 50% chance in your opinion" of erroneously "spotting" not one, not two, but three different types of restoration that isn't "really there", which is a virtual impossibility where CGC is concerned...and that you would be willing to gamble that they screwed up that badly...well...let's just say, that's probably not going to be something that CGC views positively on their own board.

lol

Good luck!

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Very gentlemanly of you, especially in light of said comments.

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Listen...I've been pretty patient and reasonable with you. I've not risen to your bait, and you've certainly made some unnecessary comments. 

But if you think that coming to the CGC board to defend your suggestion that you think CGC is so grossly incompetent...with a "greater than 50% chance in your opinion" of erroneously "spotting" not one, not two, but three different types of restoration that isn't "really there", which is a virtual impossibility where CGC is concerned...and that you would be willing to gamble that they screwed up that badly...well...let's just say, that's probably not going to be something that CGC views positively on their own board.

lol

Good luck!

Another mischaracterization.  I'm sorry, DocBrown, but gaslighting doesn't work on me.  I said it's more likely that CGC got it wrong rather than CBCS.  One of 'em had to, after all.  You don't seem to understand that point, which is fine ... I mean, it's not rocket science.  But some people just have trouble reading posts and interpreting words and stuff.  I get it.  Have a good night.

1 minute ago, Tedsaid said:

Another mischaracterization.  I'm sorry, DocBrown, but gaslighting doesn't work on me.  I said it's more likely that CGC got it wrong rather than CBCS.  One of 'em had to, after all.  You don't seem to understand that point, which is fine ... I mean, it's not rocket science.  But some people just have trouble reading posts and interpreting words and stuff.  I get it.  Have a good night.

Gaslighter would be a good name for a super hero.

He makes people think they are crazy-however The Joker is immune to his powers-

5 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

And yes....it's patently ridiculous that CBCS missed all that resto.

But not remotely surprising.

lol As soon as I read this all I could think of was, "Now go home and get your ******* shinebox."

Just now, Tedsaid said:

Sure...with a "greater than 50% chance in your opinion" that CGC is so incompetent that they "missed" not one, not two, but three different types of restoration (as in "saw what wasn't actually there" not once, not twice, but for three different types of resto!)

That's a massive level of incompetence you're attributing to CGC. Think about it: it's one thing to MISS restoration...but it's a whole 'nuther level to SEE it when it isn't actually there, not once, not twice, but three times!

Make no mistake...it's not too difficult to MISS resto, especially if one is in a hurry...which CBCS no doubt is these days...but to SEE three different types of restoration that isn't really there....? That's a special level of incompetence that I don't think EITHER CGC OR CBCS is capable of...these are professional restoration experts we're talking about here!...but hey, that's the case you want to make, so go for it.

Take care!

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

lol As soon as I read this all I could think of was, "Now go home and get your ******* shinebox."

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96 (1).JPG

4 minutes ago, Tedsaid said:

meme-checks-out.jpg.398020ccf32a7fdc3f26b07cf4b9b965.jpg

This lady on Judge Judy called it a "meemee" lol 

14 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Very gentlemanly of you, especially in light of said comments.

That's me. I am a charmer. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

That's me. I am a charmer. 

we dont call em charmers anymore it's 'playuh'