• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics 359
2 2

349 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Here is the new game in town I suspect some are doing.  Buy 5 restored CGC books and see how many BLGS will grade unrestored so you can make some free money. :wishluck:

@oakman29 MAKE MONEY ON COMICS!

10 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

You mean BLCS? 

i just meant voldy needs to practice detecting plod is what i mean lol 

these people now sending to them for grading to make moneywill either make or break the company (: 

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

these people now sending to them for grading to make moneywill either make or break the company

This is not a sentence.

1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

The CGC boards needs to rethink a more loser name to say instead of  Voldy.  Voldemort is reserved for a powerful evil entity with a cool persona.  The company that should not be named just shouldn't be named because they are a joke of a bush league makeshift company.  Rather have PGX grade my AF 15's than those hacks. 

They're called that here because for quite some time, anybody who dared post the dread letters had their post removed and, IIRC, there was even a filter added to stop people from posting them.

51 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Here is the new game in town I suspect some are doing.  Buy 5 restored CGC books and see how many BLGS will grade unrestored so you can make some free money. :wishluck:

Remember that when CBCS first came into business that Universal books used the same color label as restored books. 

• So... get a restored by CGC book regraded in a CBCS holder (when they first opened)
  • List your auction at an opening bid for what that book would sell for at its restored grade. 
  • Write multiple times that the book is restored with a small amount of color touch
  • Write that the book is restored in the title. 

There are people in this hobby that just look at the label color and the number and ignore everything else and bid the hell out of that book.   Just like most of the people over in the CBCS forum... and I know they see this... they don't read and they believe whatever they want to believe in order to make themselves feel better. 

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

They're called that here because for quite some time, anybody who dared post the dread letters had their post removed and, IIRC, there was even a filter added to stop people from posting them.

Yes I know.  My point is Voldy is too cool of a name to given to them.  Obviously this thread CGC loves and will be keeping up lol

BLGS is my new name for them!

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
  • So... get a restored by CGC book regraded in a CBCS holder (when they first opened)
  • List your auction at an opening bid for what that book would sell for at its restored grade. 
  • Write multiple times that the book is restored with a small amount of color touch

There are people in this hobby that just look at the label color and the number and ignore everything else and bid the hell out of that book.   Just like most of the people over in the CBCS forum... and I know they see this... they don't read and they believe whatever they want to believe in order to make themselves feel better. 

@oakman29

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Remember that when CBCS first came into business that Universal books used the same color label as restored books. 

You mean like this scum bag:

image.png.d2f87023a9e4d1a470c05206540c91d0.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-181-Vol-1-Beautiful-High-Grade-1st-Wolverine-With-Marvel-Stamp-/401767980795?hash=item5d8b3cdefb%3Ag%3AZO4AAOSwEZtc3Orq&LH_Auction=1&nma=true&si=RWvlZSJ6AlXqKMcoQMOSG4eTpmg%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

7 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

What did he do wrong?  

There is no wall of text where any relevant information is buried.

The book is clearly stated as being restored. 

In fact the listing says it is restored in the condition under the title. 

In fact the listing says it is restored in the description on the second line after naming the book again. 

This is not an issue where the seller did anything wrong in the listing.  The public cannot take the time to READ what they are getting.  The seller makes no overt or concealed effort to hide that the book is restored.  

The bidders in this listing merely look at this and see a Hulk 181 and that it has the value stamp and cannot be bothered to read since they might have a "gotta have gimme now need it now mentality." 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

What did he do wrong?  

In fact the listing says it is restored in the description on the second line after naming the book again. 

This is not an issue where the seller did anything wrong in the listing.  The public cannot take the time to READ what they are getting.  The seller makes no overt or concealed effort to hide that the book is restored.  

The bidders in this listing merely look at this and see a Hulk 181 and that it has the value stamp and cannot be bothered to read since they might have a "gotta have gimme now need it now mentality." 

Epic fail my friend epic fail

So much wrong with this guy.  

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

What did he do wrong?  

Listen Buzz everyone knows if you are selling a restored book you are expected to go to the bidder's houses and explain with visual aids that the book is restored-

Just now, NewWorldOrder said:

Epic fail my friend epic fail

So much wrong with this guy.  

Maybe with the guy but not with that listing. 

If I list something as being restored and two fools want to have a contest and bid it up to an unrestored price?  That's on them.  

1 minute ago, kav said:

Listen Buzz everyone knows if you are selling a restored book you are expected to go to the bidder's houses and explain with visual aids that the book is restored-

Exactly... 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Maybe with the guy but not with that listing. 

If I list something as being restored and two fools want to have a contest and bid it up to an unrestored price?  That's on them.  

This guy obviously buys restored books, cracks them out, and hopes to fool people.  He has been doing it for years.  It was only recently he put "restored" in his headings.  Before he just put in the the small print in item desc, but many people wouldnt see it.  Geee I wonder why he did that lol  He takes returns but hopes the uneducated people wont figure it out till its too late and a lot of time has gone by.

Just now, NewWorldOrder said:

This guy obviously buys restored books, cracks them out, and hopes to fool people.  He has been doing it for years.  It was only recently he put "restored" in his headings.  Before he just put in the the small print in item desc, but many people wouldnt see it.  Geee I wonder why he did that lol  He takes returns but hopes the uneducated people wont figure it out till its too late and a lot of time has gone by.

I have sold books that were in purple labels at auction and people bid them up to unrestored prices.  At no point did I feel the need to stop the bidding and reach out to the buyers.  If people want to have a contest because they cannot read or educate themselves that is on them. I am not going to start a Master Class on YouTube on comics buying. 

Again... this guy may have engaged in shady practices in the past... there is nothing wrong with the Hulk 181 listing except that he should say it's restored for a fourth time and put it in the title.