• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SECRET INVASION show (2022?)
5 5

311 posts in this topic

On 7/14/2023 at 3:27 PM, piper said:

Is it worth watching?

I'd echo what Buzz was saying. I thought it started out great - it laid out a lot of interesting prospects. By episode 4, those prospects dried up and the show's direction is seriously unfocused. I like my shows to be vague and mysterious for a purpose, this comes across and vague and aimless. I waited for Falcon and Winter Soldier to finish before I watched it, and I could have skipped it altogether. I used that instinct on Ms Marvel - I watched the first episode, couldn't get into it and just let it go, never finishing it. Same with Moon Knight, although I made it through three episodes before I gave up.

I think Marvel has taken advantage of thinking that we will all watch their shows religiously, and that's not turning out to be the case. But, to each their own - I liked She-Hulk and not many people I know liked it, so it just all depends. The first episode, in my opinion - is always worth watching and seeing if you get hooked. The issue I have with this show is that it hooked me because it was good, and now it's going downhill fast.

I just watched all four episodes and I’m enjoying it. I think because seasons are so short there is a lot to try to pack into that time frame.
Look at GOT as an example of condensed story telling and how it doesn’t necessarily do service to the source material. 

but I’ll continue to watch because I like the genre.

I'm enjoying it, I liked it better after the first episode....then again, I'm not a Marvel Junkie. I'm not that fussy, I just watch for entertainment.

I did not like Ms. Marvel...although the kid was cute...but I loved the Hawkeye series.

I found myself instinctively skipping forward the Mrs Fury scenes, I wasn't tuning in for another series where the minor female characters are dominating the dialogue.   I'm gun shy after watching the first few episodes of season 3 of The Witcher.

Source of their powers. 

Seems that there were Skrulls on site in Wakanda and in New York during the battles of Infinity War where they acquired samples of Cull Obsideian and Groot.  However, the samples of a Frost Beast, noted as indicative of Jötunheimr, were acquired on Earth as well.  When were Frost Beasts on Earth? 

This is in the recap of this week's episode.  I am watching while having breakfast.   Sorry for the image, Disney+ Secret Invasion does not allow screen caps so we have to do the old, "take a picture of the screen with your cell phone trick"

IMG_6027.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 7/11/2023 at 5:23 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I felt pretty much nothing from the 'big death' at the end. Is that a me problem, or was it not written well-enough? I feel like the character's longevity and closeness to this story should have elicited a stringer response.

I don't think it's you - it could have been a much bigger to-do than it was.

Anyone who's watched '24' knows how high the bar is set for end-of-episode TV deaths. Once you've seen the death of Edgar, most death scenes pale in emotional comparison.

On 7/26/2023 at 11:14 PM, mr_highgrade said:

I guess no one liked the final episode. (shrug) I thought it was ...:whatev:

Just finished watching that and Hijack. 

I thought it was rather pedestrian and a failed attempt at what could have been a much better storyline.  I do like that there was only one "replaced" Superhero in it instead of them trying to say that there were a dozen or so.  However, maybe there was ONE more? 

Also... if Rhodes was replaced at the hospital during Civil War, does that mean that Tony did not notice it?  Does this mean the skrull wept for Tony?  I get the skrull helping to defeat Thanos since it was half the universe that was at stake, but over the course of five years, surrounded by cosmic beings, brilliant minds like Banner and Stark that no one knew James Rhodes was a Skrull?

Maybe they should have just abandoned all idea of doing this from the beginning. 

I'm just watching Agent Carter at the moment.    That looks like a cinematic blockbuster next to this series.

Its creators are the screenplay power house of Christopher Markush, and Stephen McFeely.   These two guys seem to be the high-water mark for the MCU.   Their back catalogue of work is all of MCU's big hits.

I hated the standoff with the president. They know time is of the essence but they try to convince him that Rhodes is a Skrull. They know 100% he is, why not just shoot him immediately and save the planet? Fury should have walked in and popped him. Boom, over. But no, it's the trope "he is!" "no, they're crazy" scene with a confused president looking back and forth like he's watching a tennis match. Blah.